Anti Natalism, a moral debate

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
I had the recent “pleasure” of stumbling upon the anti natalism subreddit. Up until this point I wasn’t aware that anti natalism was a thing.

It’s a place full of people who believe that the act of bringing children into this world is immoral.

90% of the people there are apparently depressed and have bad lives so they don’t want to bring children into this “cruel world”.

Which is fine for yourself in my opinion, if you don’t want to have kids that’s fine but don’t try to dictate how other people live their lives. Humans and all other beings strive to reproduce and keep their species alive. And they use the myth of overpopulation to validate their claims.

What are your thoughts? 🤔

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
This is the final stage of being detached from nature... lemme explain as a society there are many things we do not see regularly or at all.

1.The process of our food is mostly hidden.Also almost no-one in the cities took a animal life to feed them self.Telling us the importance of life.

2.The average human has never or rarely seen human death inperson.A humble experience for us to value our time.

3.The average person spend most of their time in concrete towers and roads and less in nature.

4.We are caught in this mass rat race also we rush to get educated about things that our community/ family choose for is

Overall we are at the most comfort in human history but a large portion of people's lives are desatisfactory.

i'm on the fence tbh. I hate kids, but I want to raise a son to be exactly like me when he grows up and be a great dad.
Well good luck the chances of your hypothetical son being exactly like you is low especially with all the outside influences that exist today.

Well good luck the chances of your hypothetical son being exactly like you is low especially with all the outside influences that exist today.
parental influence is far far stronger than you can think. most people here are very religious despite outside influence because their parents taught them deen from very young(pc version for indoctrination).

GemState

36/21
VIP
Humans are on the cusp of an age of unparalleled prosperity, I believe every capable human has a moral duty to reproduce.

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
parental influence is far far stronger than you can think. most people here are very religious despite outside influence because their parents taught them deen from very young(pc version for indoctrination).
Have you seen colleagues and universities they are notorious for their ability to make spread leftists values

I can attest this growing up I was far less religious despite my parent pushing religious education.It was mostly due to societal conditioning.However now that I am older I am able to see the wisdom behind the deen.

Also if you don't teach your kids your values where they going to learn them from the state or random people from society😅

Kids are going to get indoctrinated regardless. Whether it will be the media, society and the system or the parents. I’m defiantly going to indoctrinate my kids with Islam

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
I love my kids, they are the joy of my life, only a sick nihilist would subscribe to such a tainted idealogy.

I had the recent “pleasure” of stumbling upon the anti natalism subreddit. Up until this point I wasn’t aware that anti natalism was a thing.

It’s a place full of people who believe that the act of bringing children into this world is immoral.

90% of the people there are apparently depressed and have bad lives so they don’t want to bring children into this “cruel world”.

Which is fine for yourself in my opinion, if you don’t want to have kids that’s fine but don’t try to dictate how other people live their lives. Humans and all other beings strive to reproduce and keep their species alive. And they use the myth of overpopulation to validate their claims.

What are your thoughts? 🤔
They would be justified if Islam wasn't here to tell us the truth which is that every child which is born has been decreed to be born and the purpose of life is not to suffer but to worship God and go jannah
I think all Atheists should be anti-natalists because thats the only thing that makes sense for them

Thats very true but me myself I am the opposite I think parents can have the opposite effect on u sometimes, like they are very irreligious but you become religious

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I'd not bother arguing with them. Anyone who supports such misanthropy is pretty much just admitting to having had a likely very rough childhood and/or being mentally unwell. You can't argue with that.

I'd not bother arguing with them. Anyone who supports such misanthropy is pretty much just admitting to having had a likely very rough childhood and/or being mentally unwell. You can't argue with that.
Do you say this from a atheist perpespective or Islamic perspective?

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Do you say this from a atheist perpespective or Islamic perspective?

In general. Most anti-natalists, I've found, are seemingly on the spectrum, probably had abusive childhoods or got bullied a lot at school or both and are often also quite mentally unwell in some way; depression, bipolar, schizophrenia, BPD and so on. This is why they're such absurd misantrhopes. Long-term veganism also tends to exacerbate it due to malnourishing their brains of things like omega-3s, cholesterol, saturated fats, vitamin D3 and B vitamins. You can't argue with that, walaal. You'll never really understand them the same way they'll never really understand you if you've had a relatively happy upbringing and are mentally relatively well, happy and physically healthy, and thus would want to bring children into the world. I just feel for them and move it along.

In general. Most anti-natalists, I've found, are seemingly on the spectrum, probably had abusive childhoods or got bullied a lot at school or both and are often also quite mentally unwell in some way; depression, bipolar, schizophrenia, BPD and so on. This is why they're such absurd misantrhopes. Long-term veganism also tends to exacerbate it due to malnourishing their brains of things like omega-3s, cholesterol, saturated fats, vitamin D3 and B vitamins. You can't argue with that, walaal. You'll never really understand them the same way they'll never really understand you if you've had a relatively happy upbringing and are mentally relatively well, happy and physically healthy, and thus would want to bring children into the world. I just feel for them and move it along.
Tbh I agree with them as they are atheists, meaning I believe all atheists should be anti-natalists, ofc most of them aren't because they are selfish and stupid and don't realies what they are doing.
Ofc if you are Muslim you are not going to agreee with them because their basis for morality is worng in the first place

Trending

Latest posts