Antarctica 2048

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think about this the antarctica treaty was signed in 1950 to prevent the exploitation of resources in this remote continent on earth and was signed by various powerful countries at the time to prevent a useless war over the newly discovered region and it's resources. The possible resources include silver, copper, gold, nickel,platinum, iron ore, chromium, cobalt, molybdenum, zinc,manganese lead, titanium, nickel, and uranium. Coal and hydrocarbons have been located in minimal non-commercial quantities and oil and gas. I'm wondering what if a country that has not signed the treaty decides to exploit the resources since they are not under any obligation to wait until 2048 like all the other countries that signed the treaty. This would put the other countries at a great disadvantage and i doubt they will start a war over something like this, yet undoubtedly sanctions will follow after such an undermining action. The UN will no doubt be pissed and this could start a trend of other countries scrambling to extract the regions resources before the 2048 deadline for the super powers is reached at which point the superpowers will have every right to bully the other countries while maintaining face by sticking to their treaty.

What do you guys think? can somalia get rich off of antarctica? or will the CIA pull a gaddafi on the man who tries to exploit the US's future piece of land?

The treaty is stupid in my opinion and so are the other countries who are not taking advantage of this stalemate between the most powerful factions. We can literally sneak in and start mining the resources while they are busy waiting for a deadline for their ill advised treaty.

Not to mention that antarctica holds 70% of all the worlds fresh water deposits. Something that could be used to Completely re-green even the sahara desert.

5890885_orig.jpg

That's true. The world has to figure out what we're gonna do once we run out of resources or else we're screwed.

There are many alternate resources that can be used but many big organisation don't want to lose out on money so it's pushed aside

Ape

Study Sunt Tzu’s, ‘Art of War’.
Theres no point. Havent they split it between the australians, russians, Americans, britain and a couple other countries? I believe we should wait till ww3 and THEN do it since america and china will blow each other out.

Does Somalia have ships and equipments for sub zero temperatures ?

:bell:
It's only a dream scenario in which we get rich like dubai within the next 20yrs before. Chill bro! we will be even luckier if the europeans go to war with each other again and destroy their cities. WW2 forced them to give up their colonies, WW3 will force them to beg africans for aid money.

:mjlol::chrisfreshhah:

Theres no point. Havent they split it between the australians, russians, Americans, britain and a couple other countries? I believe we should wait till ww3 and THEN do it since america and china will blow each other out.
They prohibit all the countries who signed the treaty not others who haven't. We can exploit it while they are restricted by the treaty until 2048. Call it getting even for colonising and raiding africa's resources! africans should now sail over there and raid their territories. They have no claim to the resources until the treaty expires and the best they can do is sanction other countries not bound by the same treaty.

Ape

Study Sunt Tzu’s, ‘Art of War’.
They prohibit all the countries who signed the treaty not others who haven't. We can exploit it while they are restricted by the treaty until 2048. Call it getting even for colonising and raiding africa's resources! africans should now sail over there and raid their territories. They have no claim to the resources until the treaty expires and the best they can do is sanction other countries not bound by the same treaty.
Wait sxb. We have to wait for a global devastating event to destroy all superpowers. I believe times coming close for WW3 and if WW2 had left an impact so strong that, if it were not to happen, Barre, Somalias war, Sspot, The internet, qabilist states, probably me and you speaking, would have not been possible since we would be under italian occupation. Imagine ww3 with nukes flying to Shanghai, New York, and to guangzhou and to los angeles.

:ohdamn::ohdamn:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
That's true. The world has to figure out what we're gonna do once we run out of resources or else we're screwed.

We will ALL be dead by then. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
You will be dead ayeeyo! we will be left to pick up the pieces that your generation left for us in the hell hole of africa.

:farmajoyaab:

Yaq

All this will happen 200 years from now. :)

Our generation brought u to the west where u wipe your futo with nice soft toilet paper as opposed to rough bush leaf's! Be grateful

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending