Another woman murdered on college campus after rejecting a man, this time in jordan

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
A female student has been shot and killed on a university campus in Jordan, according to the General Security Directorate.

In a statement on Thursday, it said an assailant fired shots at a female at a university in the Jordanian capital, Amman. The victim was transported to a hospital in critical condition and was pronounced dead shortly after her arrival.

An investigation has been launched to arrest and determine the identity of the attacker, who fled the scene and remains at large.

Local media reports identified the victim as Iman Rashid, a 21-year-old nursing student at the Applied Sciences University.

Local media outlet Nabaa cited witnesses as saying shots were heard near the nursing department shortly after the victim left an examination hall where she had completed a test.

Local media reported the assailant entered the premises through the main gate and later left without being stopped by security guards.

Iman’s father, Mufeed Rashid, told the Al-Arabiya media outlet his daughter was an innocent victim.

“She didn’t do anything,” he said. “This is unfair … for what reason was the girl murdered? He [the gunman] needs to be punished appropriately as per the magnitude of the crime.”

The victim’s family said they do not know the assailant, or why he carried out the attack.

‘Killed in cold blood’​

The university issued a statement, published on local news website Roya, promising to take legal measures to “prosecute everyone who caused this painful incident until they receive a just retribution for their heinous crime”.

The university’s director was quoted by Al-Arabiya as saying that the institution was cooperating with the authorities to help track down the attacker. He added that surveillance cameras on campus recorded the incident.

The attack triggered an uproar on social media in Jordan and the region.

One Twitter user expressed anger towards the university.

She wrote: “You take a lot of money to provide us with ‘services’ and we naturally assumed that one of those very basic services was security. Where are your security guards? How can an armed psycho enter the campus casually?”

MENA men have serious issues., I have seen this firsthand in Morocco.The men even when they are married can be super-aggressive and sometimes violent

This is bad but I’m sure it doesn’t reflect on all Jordanians. You can point to cases like this in societies all over the world. In my experience, Jordanians are very kind and nice people.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
This must be a mental illness, I can’t comprehend that someone could kill anyone for such dumb reason. The capital punishment is must

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
This is bad but I’m sure it doesn’t reflect on all Jordanians. You can point to cases like this in societies all over the world. In my experience, Jordanians are very kind and nice people.
Never said it doesn’t happen elsewhere but this behavior is uncontrolled there, violence against women is the norm hence why these young men feel so comfortable shooting someone for rejection.

Never said it doesn’t happen elsewhere but this behavior is uncontrolled there, violence against women is the norm hence why these young men feel so comfortable shooting someone for rejection.

Oh of course I didn’t mean anything at you, I’ve just met some really cool people from Jordan so I wanted to speak up for them. But no way do I mean to imply that you meant to make them look bad or anything, this is just a news story and plus- women do need to be protected against this kind of thing.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Arabs don't play. You try this feminism garbage with them and they'll end you, literally.
Meme Wtf GIF

Didn't an Iraqi man kill a somali girl in cold blood for rejecting him? they will do it to anyone. MENA men have serious issue

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
My condolences to the victims and their family.

Femicide is real epidemic in this earth. Stay safe ladies

Didn't an Iraqi man kill a somali girl in cold blood for rejecting him? they will do it to anyone. MENA men have serious issue

I don't think it's fair to blame all of them, the guys doing this are likely mentally unhinged, not everything is running right up there that's for sure

Mukhalas

Macawiis, dacas iyo AK47.
Killer probably a first born from an influential wealthy family who always got anything he wanted his entire life. For the first time in his life he didnt know how to handle a rejection.

Trending

Latest posts