Another Discrimination Story during the Election

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sultana

On Hiatus
http://news.nationalpost.com/toront...anti-muslim-discrimination-to-file-complaints

What I personally don't understand is why do these girls never address the issue of discrimination when it occurs at that time? If I'm going to be discriminated against I won't allow myself to be bullied into silence. Although what happened to these girls and the other girl the National Post (and the same journalist) wrote a story about sucks, I would feel more sympathy if they had attempted to deal with the issue through the proper channels first rather than using a media platform to do so and if they directly addressed the issue at that time. We have rights in Canada and legal protections about discrimination in the workplace, be proactive in using them, rather than passive about them.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
She said a black woman approached the table to vote and the two shook hands. After the voter left, the poll clerk allegedly asked: “Hey, isn’t that your sister?”

Maryama was confused and said she had never met the woman.

:childplease:

She said the poll clerk responded: “Isn’t that what you guys call each other in your hood?”
:comeon:

suggested she marry a white man because her kids would have an “easier life.”
:reallymaury:
Maryama said she would welcome Muslim voters with an Islamic greeting. Whenever the poll clerk saw a visibly Muslim woman, Maryama — who wears a hijab — said the poll clerk would say: “Look, it’s your friends!”
:stopit:

She finally snapped when the conversation turned to the niqab. The poll clerk allegedly called the niqab “ugly” and said “people look like ninjas when they wear them.”
:lebronwtf:

I call bullshit. :rudywhatever:

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Real or fake, why go to the National Post? Do they think they're going to get money from this?

I think they did it for attention and exposure. They're probably hoping for other papers to pick up the story so they can end up on national television and eventually secure a job with the Liberals. They didn't mention the conservatives for no reason. lol

This sounds like some manufactured bullshit lol.

These girls need to get a grip. If someone says something you don't like then you could easily retort with a witty comeback line. It really isn't that big of a deal, these girls are making a huge story about nothing.

This sounds like some manufactured bullshit lol.

These girls need to get a grip. If someone says something you don't like then you could easily retort with a witty comeback line. It really isn't that big of a deal, these girls are making a huge story about nothing.

I've never encountered racism or 'Islamaphobia' (Somalis are automatically Muslims in public) in Ottawa or Alberta in my entire life (except once recently by a racist fresh off the boat Indian) and they both claim to have been discriminated against at polling stations on the same day in one of the most multicultural and tolerant cities on Earth. And they claim similar stories.

Liars.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
I've never encountered racism or 'Islamaphobia' (Somalis are automatically Muslims in public) in Ottawa or Alberta in my entire life (except once recently by a racist fresh off the boat Indian) and they both claim to have been discriminated against at polling stations on the same day in one of the most multicultural and tolerant cities on Earth. And they claim similar stories.

Liars.

lies-kids-tell-parents-6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.