Another diaspora war on Twitter : why do non AA harass African Americans ?

No wonder the ADOS movement is gaining momentum you have children of immigrants whose parents came to America in the 80s/90s trying to say African American is their culture when they grew up in their parents culture be it Caribbean or African.

I agree with all three

non AA want to partake in a culture they don’t belong to

I agree with this one as well, many Africans are / were ashamed of their culture so they want to fit into the American one .

1C4CBA7C-0793-4B34-8DF8-39332AE0DD13.jpeg

Another fact African and carribeans want to partake and claim AA culture but at the same time want to keep their identity .

older africans? they wanna distance themselves from a people at the bottom of the social ladder. younger africans? its jealousy imo. an AA can go to tokyo and be treated as celebrity, teens walking up to them with their shitty mixtapes and the such, sorta like cadans. africans? they carry all the negative stereotypes of blacks without all the positives that AAs have set through their cultural reach. when foreigners think AAs they think Micheal Jackson, Bill murphy, Dave chappele etc. when people think of africans the best theyll think of is nelson mandela

Destiny

Shaah Enthusiast
I agree, Africans and Carribeans feel like they have a claim to African American culture. But if an AA were to try and participate in theirs, they’ll be quick to exclude and talk down to them. For some reason ADOS culture is considered everyone’s, even nonblacks feel entitled.

Apollo

VIP
North Americans are obsessed with terms like white vs black. I swear I barely remember the last time somebody near me used weiß or schwarz in a racial way.

older africans? they wanna distance themselves from a people at the bottom of the social ladder. younger africans? its jealousy imo. an AA can go to tokyo and be treated as celebrity, teens walking up to them with their shitty mixtapes and the such, sorta like cadans. africans? they carry all the negative stereotypes of blacks without all the positives that AAs have set through their cultural reach. when foreigners think AAs they think Micheal Jackson, Bill murphy, Dave chappele etc. when people think of africans the best theyll think of is nelson mandela
nigga did I say bill murphy? mans name been stuck in my head because some video of him has been in my recs for a month now :mjkkk:

Alluring

Sayonara
Africans don't like AA's because everyone thinks the ghetto aspects of their culture is synonymous with every black person (trashy rap, twerking, etc). But, at the same time it's not like people think positively of Africans either, the first thing that comes to mind is starving children or colonization/slavery.

Everyone has a false superiority complex :mjpls:

IGotDaAnswers

jUst keeping it REAL homie

No wonder the ADOS movement is gaining momentum you have children of immigrants whose parents came to America in the 80s/90s trying to say African American is their culture when they grew up in their parents culture be it Caribbean or African.

I agree with all three

non AA want to partake in a culture they don’t belong to

I agree with this one as well, many Africans are / were ashamed of their culture so they want to fit into the American one .
Black Americans are the first people to identify as a black person and this colour based identity didn’t come about until recent years, before the 80s I believe they referred themselves as negro.

then Jesse Jackson popularised the term african American

Fast forward today you have non ados children of recent African immigrants in America calling themselves black American, it’s interesting and especially corny when they are non-bantu like Ethiopia ethnics, Eritrean ethnics or Somalis.
We aren’t only non ados but we also aren’t bantu so how can we identify as the same race ?

we need our own identity, cushite , horners whatever let’s pick one and stick on it

Last edited:
Dont victimize AA, they do plenty of harassing themselves, all these peoples assimilated into aa culture bootyclapping them is hilarious

IGotDaAnswers

jUst keeping it REAL homie
Dont victimize AA, they do plenty of harassing themselves, all these peoples assimilated into aa culture bootyclapping them is hilarious
In fact it’s because of the harassing that other people assimilate , they fear AA backlash
U know how mouthy they can get when u disagree with them, they make u out to be a dark skin Hitler or some arab enslaver
They go on a character assassination campaign

most people are pussies, only based guys like me can deal with them.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
In fact it’s because of the harassing that other people assimilate , they fear AA backlash
U know how mouthy they can get when u disagree with them, they make u out to be a dark skin Hitler, character assassination
I have noticed because of things like this more somalis are claiming their somali heritage proudly. More Then back in the days. So things like this are a good thing for us

Keo

VIP
If more AAs become ADOS it works in our favour because there's less madows to push the Pan African agenda.

Last edited: