Ancient Zimbabwean genomes show Cushitic affinity and admixture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
I mentioned this paper was in the works some time ago. It appears to have been published even sooner than I anticipated!

Ancient genomes from Great Zimbabwe show a Cushitic affinity and significant Eurasian admixture

ABSTRACT

Although the identity of the people who erected the monumental stone architecture of Great Zimbabwe and related sites in Southeastern Africa appeared uncertain at first, most archaeologists in recent generations have identified them with the Shona Bantu-speaking community present in the region today. Here, we analyze ancient DNA from human remains excavated from various sites in the Zimbabwean region that all date to the Late Iron Age, making them contemporaneous with Great Zimbabwe's construction. Contrary to initial expectations, these "Great Zimbabwean" genomes all show closer affinity to modern Somali populations than to the region's current Bantu inhabitants or other Niger-Congo-speaking Africans, with elite individuals in particular having elevated Ethio-Somali Eurasian ancestry in comparison to the other samples. This new data may prompt a re-evaluation of traditional assumptions about the origins of the Great Zimbabwe culture and the role of Ethio-Somali-admixed populations in the history of African civilizations.

Here is the link to the published paper.

-------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: this was an April's fools joke. Don't take it seriously.

Last edited:

World

VIP
WTFFF

I so was not expecting this.

Cushitic people now can lay claim to Ancient Zimbabwean civilisation. Bantu people literally haven’t created anything LOL WTF.

I mentioned this paper was in the works some time ago. It appears to have been published even sooner than I anticipated!

Ancient genomes from Great Zimbabwe show a Cushitic affinity and significant Eurasian admixture

ABSTRACT

Although the identity of the people who erected the monumental stone architecture of Great Zimbabwe and related sites in Southeastern Africa appeared uncertain at first, most archaeologists in recent generations have identified them with the Shona Bantu-speaking community present in the region today. Here, we analyze ancient DNA from human remains excavated from various sites in the Zimbabwean region that all date to the Late Iron Age, making them contemporaneous with Great Zimbabwe's construction. Contrary to initial expectations, these "Great Zimbabwean" genomes all show closer affinity to modern Somali populations than to the region's current Bantu inhabitants or other Niger-Congo-speaking Africans, with elite individuals in particular having elevated Ethio-Somali Eurasian ancestry in comparison to the other samples. This new data may prompt a re-evaluation of traditional assumptions about the origins of the Great Zimbabwe culture and the role of Ethio-Somali-admixed populations in the history of African civilizations.

Here is the link to the published paper.

:dabcasar:

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
:chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh::pachah1:we wuz all bantu empires

i dont know about this i feel like everything bantus made will be attributed to us
anything we made will be attributed to arabs anything arabs made attributed to whites
white supremecy :siilaanyolaugh:

eksampel ajuraan islamic = arab
aksum wherre populated by semitic speaking agaws ie habesha = arabs

:yacadiim:we might have to let bantus keep that so our achievements are not taken away

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Great Zimbabwe was no joke though.
33723d6dfcea213108d7db935590e287eeb2eb4d.jpg

In 1531, Vicente Pegado, Captain of the Portuguese Garrison of Sofala, described Zimbabwe thus:

Among the gold mines of the inland plains between the Limpopo and Zambezi rivers there is a fortress built of stones of marvelous size, and there appears to be no mortar joining them.... This edifice is almost surrounded by hills, upon which are others resembling it in the fashioning of stone and the absence of mortar, and one of them is a tower more than 12 fathoms [22 m] high. The natives of the country call these edifices Symbaoe, which according to their language signifies court.[7]

Last edited:

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
I was so confused why everyone was laughing until I clicked the link
Good one:pachah1:
You're Cushitic arrogance thought it to be true. I immediately googled to back check LMFAO btw who is that in profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending