ANCIENT WAAQ| DISCUSSING PRE-ISLAMIC & ISLAMIC HISTORY OF SOMALIA | MUHAMED ARTAN & INA CAWSGUROW

Did you even watch the whole 2 hours? Don't comment horsesh*t when we have educated members of our community trying to uncover the history our ancestors destroyed.

I guarantee that you're the first person to believe everything that Burton or Lewis would say.
i like my people but until recently we didn’t really know how to right would you trust illiterates for your history or established people like Burton. It’s simple

Learning about the religious beliefs of our ancestors is very interesting. From what I know, Waaq was a sky god similar to Allah with angels and demons being of his creation. He has no children similar to Allah. Sounds like this Waaq figure himself is Allah swt original message to the pagan Somalis prior to the advent of Islam. Similarities are too striking to say otherwise.
Somalis were never pagan. I agree with everything else you said. Although I'm not sure if the Waaq worship was the first version of Islam but it's great we have the final one.

with qabiil names such as Jidwaaq I think it's pretty obvious we were Waaq worshipers at least at one point in our history. Why would a Darood qabiil living nowhere near Oromos adopt an Oromo god name for their qabiil? Also the town of caabudwaaq in Galmaduug and certain phrases in Af Soomali such as "barwaaqa". Laakin it is strange why we don't use the Waaq term for God instead we use eebe. :cosbyhmm:
A large part of Somaliland is called Waaqooyii

Our ancestors purposely destroyed our history and left us only Islam. All of Islam's most influential scholars ended up learning from Somalis, such as ibn hajar. How were we so advanced in scholarship? We had the purest form of Islam prior to prophet Muhammad's arrival and even afterwards.

The sahaba, some were Somali, would migrate to our land whenever things got difficult such as the divide between ummayad and Ali. This is because they were so easily accepted and since we had history of trade together, they felt more comfortable.

Also that our history is in our language. That the ancient Egyptians descended from us and we have over 100,000 years of history.
giphy.gif

Somalis were never pagan. I agree with everything else you said. Although I'm not sure if the Waaq worship was the first version of Islam but it's great we have the final one.

are you a Muslim? cause I thought you were one of those murtad because you wrote in another post that Islam is holding us back

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
@SOMALI GENERAL @Jimmer @Apollo

Have you guys noticed historians seem to not give a f*ck about us? Despite the fact we have had decades of turmoil, a bunch of different breakaway states, a large minority in Ethiopia, Kenya and being the majority ethnic group in Djibouti, we don't get the attention we should really get :cosbyhmm:

You'd think there'd be an expert or two, someone writing books on the history of the Somali people, why Somalia as a country failed, Somali clan system, just general historiography. Look at how in the FKD section we are using old ass sources since no one is coming up with anything new :russ:

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
Israel tricked some Yibirs into going to Israel.

Around a dozen Yibirs live in Israel because Yibirs are "descendants" of the Jews.

Even though they practised paganism and were the religious caste in ancient Somali society.

Have you guys noticed historians seem to not give a f*ck about us? Despite the fact we have had decades of turmoil, a bunch of different breakaway states, a large minority in Ethiopia, Kenya and being the majority ethnic group in Djibouti, we don't get the attention we should really get :cosbyhmm:

You'd think there'd be an expert or two, someone writing books on the history of the Somali people, why Somalia as a country failed, Somali clan system, just general historiography. Look at how in the FKD section we are using old ass sources since no one is coming up with anything new :russ:
The crude truth is that Western & other Historians view Somalis as another bunch of Sub-Saharans that have no real authentic civilisation of their own that is worth delving into & learning from. On top of that, there's nothing interesting about the Clan-driven politics(among other things) that caused Somalia to become a failed state.

Ethiopia/Eritrea(Habeshas) & North Sudan are the only notable exceptions in SSA, since outsiders take a keen interest in both the impressive history & current affairs of those countries.

Our ancestors purposely destroyed our history and left us only Islam. All of Islam's most influential scholars ended up learning from Somalis, such as ibn hajar. How were we so advanced in scholarship? We had the purest form of Islam prior to prophet Muhammad's arrival and even afterwards.

The sahaba, some were Somali, would migrate to our land whenever things got difficult such as the divide between ummayad and Ali. This is because they were so easily accepted and since we had history of trade together, they felt more comfortable.

Also that our history is in our language. That the ancient Egyptians descended from us and we have over 100,000 years of history.

your one clueless crack head kid,

dude do you even know what you you just wrote?

what are you, a drunk 12 year old?

are you even somali bro? this is so wrong, please stop these lies :idontlike:

your one clueless crack head kid,

dude do you even know what you you just wrote?

what are you, a drunk 12 year old?

are you even somali bro? this is so wrong, please stop these lies :idontlike:
I summarized a 2 hour video in a few paragraphs. I don't think you comprehend language well enough to venture on a forum site. :chrisfreshhah:

A large part of Somaliland is called Waaqooyii
I think that's stretching woqooyi literally just translates to" north" which is why maroodi jex is called "woqooyi galbeed" which means northwest. Nothing religious, unlike Jidwaaq or Caadbuwaaq.

There are loads of Western and Somali historians who've produced works on those topics but the field has moved on. Nobody writes about general histories/anthropology anymore, that's from a bygone era. Now historians write about specific topics.

You won't find modern books on the history of Somalia but ones on the Qadis of Barawe in the colonial period. Likewise you won't find a recent book on the history of India but you'll find one on the early years of the British East India Company pre Empire.

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
There are loads of Western and Somali historians who've produced works on those topics but the field has moved on. Nobody writes about general histories/anthropology anymore, that's from a bygone era. Now historians write about specific topics.

You won't find modern books on the history of Somalia but ones on the Qadis of Barawe in the colonial period. Likewise you won't find a recent book on the history of India but you'll find one on the early years of the British East India Company pre Empire.

Post some recent Western historians and the works they produced