Ancient rock art depicting elephants and rhinoceroses discovered in Garowe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
58442072_2275515355862564_3942306736756490240_o.jpg

Cows, camels, leopards, elephants, rhinoceroses, wiyil, and gerri as well as many other animals are depicted.

Allahu akbar!
:rejoice:
@Abdalla @Reiko @Armadillo @Boqor Quark Boqor Cisman @Crow @GBTarmy @MSGA
@Cognitivedissonance
@Karim @Tukraq @kickz
@Manzana
@Poets
@DR OSMAN
@Tjioux
@buule @Thegoodshepherd

Last edited:

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Where other countries discover ancient buildings and architecture beneath the land and ancient scrolls or written archives. we Somalians discover ancient rock paintings. I should be happy but wallahi I am not because rock paintings have been discovered all over the globe wax lagu faano maaha it just means savages roamed our lands.

Those animals depicted lived until very recently in puntland and somaliland their demise started when the English came around. somaliland was the perfect hunting ground in those days around 150 years ago

Ugaaso

Deni
Where other countries discover ancient buildings and architecture beneath the land and ancient scrolls or written archives. we Somalians discover ancient rock paintings. I should be happy but wallahi I am not because rock paintings have been discovered all over the globe wax lagu faano maaha it just means savages roamed our lands.

And you ain't sh!t as usual :icon rolleyes:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
A lot of people talk about elephants once living in Somalia but seem to forget that rhinoceroses did as well. They lived all over the country and we used to use their hides to craft shields.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhinoceros
Rhinocerotidae_distribution_map_en.png

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_rhinoceros
The black rhinoceros or hook-lipped rhinoceros(Diceros bicornis) is a species of rhinoceros, native to eastern and southern Africa including Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe. Although the rhinoceros is referred to as black, its colors vary from brown to grey.
1920px-Diceros_bicornis_-_profile_-_Etosha_2014.jpg

1920px-Historical_range_%28c._1700_A.D.%29_of_Diceros_bicornis..svg.png

Historical black rhinoceros range in 1700.
For most of the 20th century the continental black rhino was the most numerous of all rhino species. Around 1900 there were probably several hundred thousand living in Africa. During the latter half of the 20th century their numbers were severely reduced from an estimated 70,000 in the late 1960s to only 10,000 to 15,000 in 1981. In the early 1990s the number dipped below 2,500, and in 2004 it was reported that only 2,410 black rhinos remained.
They are now critically endangered due to poaching.

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
good chance the people who painted those animals where not even related to us. Cushites have only been in the horn for at least 5000 years. Cows and Camels would have already been domesticated instead of being wild as in those paintings. Probably some hoba hoba African tribe that got ripped out by our ancestors.

good chance the people who painted those animals where not even related to us. Cushites have only been in the horn for at least 5000 years. Cows and Camels would have already been domesticated instead of being wild as in those paintings. Probably some hoba hoba African tribe that got ripped out by our ancestors.
Who lived in somalia before us?? Obviously not bantus maybe nilotes. but I think the people who painted those animals are related to us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending