AncestryDNA updates, Adds east African category but.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
they combined SE bantu with Cameroon/congo category and made a separate EA category but it now seems to be saying horners/nilotes have a large amount of khoisan type dna

result from a somali, she claims to have minor Malagasy ancestry

38% Eastern Africa
29% Africa South Central Hunter Gatherers
24% Middle East
4% Cameroon/Congo/Southern Bantu
3% North Africa
2% Phillipines

results from someone who identifies as nilo Saharan

Africa South-Central Hunter-Gatherers 57%
Eastern Africa 29%
Mali 8%
Nigeria 4%
Benin/Togo 1%
Senegal 1%

Bantus shouldn't even be considered East African in my opinion. Group them in with their other Niger-Congo brothers and the tests will be way more accurate.
:icon mad:

they combined SE bantu with Cameroon/congo category and made a separate EA category but it now seems to be saying horners/nilotes have a large amount of khoisan type dna

result from a somali, she claims to have minor Malagasy ancestry

38% Eastern Africa
29% Africa South Central Hunter Gatherers
24% Middle East
4% Cameroon/Congo/Southern Bantu
3% North Africa
2% Phillipines

The 29% should be Eastern African too.

At least the Southern Bantu % has gone all the way down to almost noise levels :2tjlv3e: alx

Apollo

VIP
The new update gives this Sudanese Arab only 5% Eastern Africa

I don't think he is representative of North Sudan. He claims he has recent foreign blood:

''Both my parents are Sudanese with foreign influences. Very common in Sudan. The Foreign influences are: My dad side descended from an ottoman soldier from Diyarbakir Turkey and he also has a bit of Sa'idi Egyptian. He did mention before possible yemeni ancestry via Sohag Egypt. My Mum side has ancestors from Mecca, Turkey and somewhere from North Africa possibly Morocco and/or Mauritania.''

How is it that Maghrebis/Egyptians get own category and Horners don't?

The new update increased her North African % and got complete rid any Middle Eastern she had before :rejoice:

results from someone who identifies as nilo Saharan

Africa South-Central Hunter-Gatherers 57%
Eastern Africa 29%
Mali 8%
Nigeria 4%
Benin/Togo 1%
Senegal 1%
Isn’t south central hunter gatherer khoisan? How tf would a nilo saharan get that much khoisan ancestry? :faysalwtf::faysalwtf::faysalwtf: Man ancestry dna is a joke

Isn’t south central hunter gatherer khoisan? How tf would a nilo saharan get that much khoisan ancestry? :faysalwtf::faysalwtf::faysalwtf: Man ancestry dna is a joke
Nilotics displaced many hunter gatherers from regions in Kenya and Tanzania. They were given the deragatory name Dorobbo which means a broke nicca who doesn’t own cows. These people settled in most of South East Africa alongside Cushites before the Nilotic invasion from Sudan.

Nilotics displaced many hunter gatherers from regions in Kenya and Tanzania. They were given the deragatory name Dorobbo which means a broke nicca who doesn’t own cows. These people settled in most of South East Africa alongside Cushites before the Nilotic invasion from Sudan.
Aren’t those hunter gatherers called hadza or sandawe? I thought they had only around 10% of that ancestry and most of their ancestry being nilotic and cushitic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending