Analysis: Somalia should never trust Saudi Arabia

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://insightsomalia.net/2018/11/19/somalia-and-the-saudi-battleship-that-saw-siad-barres-demise/

Apparently the Soviets and Fidel Castro met with Barre and Mengistu before the 77 war to calm tensions between the two nations. The Saudi's convinced Barre to attack Ethiopia by promising war support. Below are quotes from the Saudi foreign minister after the 77 war ended.

I am tired of Somalia,Al Mansouri told Henze, according to the secret memo. “We have wasted a lot of time and money on it and we have nothing to show for it. We do not care about the Ogaden. We are only interested in communism in this region. We want the Soviets and Cubans out of the region.”

We did not care who had the Ogaden; we only wanted Mengistu defeated. If the Russians and Cubans had not come in to help him, he would have been defeated.”

“We will do anything you can convince us makes sense to get communism out of Ethiopia.” Then, in reference to his country’s funding of separatist Eritrean rebels, Al Mansouri says, “When Ethiopia is moderate, there will be no difficulty with the Eritreans. We will give them no support. We do not care about Somalia.”

Last edited:
Somalia should unite with countries like China!
Hell no. Who wants to fall into a debt trap?
:idontlike:
I know Somalis are already using the Chinese to build shit, but they should be careful. These indhoyar already practically own many countries in Asia and Africa.

Don't blame KSA for the Somali Army's defeat in the west. Blame Barre. After the battle of Jijiga, he should of pushed the Soviets to pressure ethiopia for a ceasefire. Instead, he did the dumb thing and decided to attack a non Somali city, Harar knowing full well the Soviets by that point deployed advisers and Cuban soldiers there.

Somalis should NEVER trust the Arabs.

Those amoral bastards are hell bound and deserve to be enslaved, and nuked out of existence. The world would be much better without them.

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
Hell no. Who wants to fall into a debt trap?
:idontlike:
I know Somalis are already using the Chinese to build shit, but they should be careful. These indhoyar already practically own many countries in Asia and Africa.

Gotta watch out for these, when I was in Hargeisa in seeing bares of them around turns out they have a few factories in and around.

Car Assembly Plant
Juice Factory (closed bad working practices)
Cosmetic plant (had been closed down as they've been caught dumping chemicals in open water)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending