An interview with the genius state-builder Lee Kuan Yew of Singapore (he mentions Somalia)

https://paulbacon.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/zakaria_lee.pdf

Lee_Kuan_Yew.jpg

Lee Kuan Yew

Cultural Traits Lee thinks are needed for a people to get ahead:
  • Hard work
  • Focus on scholarship and learning
  • Thrift/Saving for the future
  • Obedience to authority and duty to family

Ideas Lee rejects:
  • Western-style democracy

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
What a great man. He built his country up, when it was just as poor as many african nations at the time.

Tukraq

VIP
American style democracy beats any East Asian form of government, but yeah he's right in that east Asia has now passed up Europe, but thats due to liberalizing there economy to mimic the American one and not the soviet one

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
He is one of the people on this earth I admire

He build it from scratch and applied his own governmental ideology. They vote but not like the Western democracies. They got strict rules the citizens adhere to. You can’t even spit in public.

One time they arrested a cadaan for spitting a gum. Jailed him for months. Love it.

Today they got the STRONGEST PASSPOR IN THE WORLD. It is rated number 1

Tukraq

VIP
He is one of the people on this earth I admire

He build it from scratch and applied his own governmental ideology. They vote but not like the Western democracies. They got strict rules the citizens adhere to. You can’t even spit in public.

One time they arrested a cadaan for spitting a gum. Jailed him for months. Love it.
that dosent sound like a good thing to me, why in the world would you want strict rules:gucciwhat: especially in this era of market based politics, let the people decide for themselves and be self governing like in the market

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
that dosent sound like a good thing to me, why in the world would you want strict rules:gucciwhat: especially in this era of market based politics, let the people decide for themselves and be self governing like in the market

Democracy does not fit all. You gotta tailor your system to the reality on the ground. Singapore is a multiethnic society. If parties are made prevalent that’s a cause for disaster because people will vote in accordance with their ethnicity

Tukraq

VIP
Democracy does not fit all. You gotta tailor your system to the reality on the ground. Singapore is a multiethnic society. If parties are made prevalent that’s a cause for disaster because people will vote in accordance with their ethnicity
in that case make it federal with districts possibly based on the multiple ethnic groups

American style democracy beats any East Asian form of government, but yeah he's right in that east Asia has now passed up Europe, but thats due to liberalizing there economy to mimic the American one and not the soviet one

American style democracy works for literate, well off populations. Backward people need benevolent dictatorship until they mature to a basic level of civilization that can support democracy IMO.

Tukraq

VIP
American style democracy works for literate, well off populations. Backward people need benevolent dictatorship until they mature to a basic level of civilization that can support democracy IMO.
Early America was neither well off nor literate, plus they had a similar situation to us right now, with 13 states more powerful than a weak central force, dealing with foreign nations and doing everything on there own heck they even had there own version of somaliland in secessionist Rhode Island they were basically governmentally where we are today, plus there is no such thing as a benevolent dictator as its the worst system possible your uncle barres an example who moved us from the pride of being Africa’s first democracy to the predicament were in now

Early America was neither well off nor literate, plus they had a similar situation to us right now, with 13 states more powerful than a weak central force, dealing with foreign nations and doing everything on there own heck they even had there own version of somaliland in secessionist Rhode Island they were basically governmentally where we are today, plus there is no such thing as a benevolent dictator as its the worst system possible your uncle barres an example who moved us from the pride of being Africa’s first democracy to the predicament were in now

Early America was dominated by regions such as New England which had long histories of literacy (important for the protestant religion) and collective governance based on the common good. Even with this, the founding fathers put in many early measures to water down democracy. The Senate, for example, was not elected by the common people but appointed by state legislatures. Only in 1913, nearly 150 years after the founding of the United States, were Americans able to directly elect their senators.

Boy educate yourself on history before running your mouth.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

That's why I am against Democracy. I tell my abtiyaal who are like one man one vote aan rabna in hamar, I said abti horta MA ISTAHISHA COD IN LAGU SIIYO KKKK. He said what u mean? I said your not educated, u dont think based on policies but revenge and haram, u haven't mentally matured abti, you trying to run before u crawl.

All 3rd world democracies are a failure clearly showing a direct correlation link that financial independence is also a pre-requisite not just education

Early America was dominated by regions such as New England which had long histories of literacy (important for the protestant religion) and collective governance based on the common good. Even with this, the founding fathers put in many early measures to water down democracy. The Senate, for example, was not elected by the common people but appointed by state legislatures. Only in 1913, nearly 150 years after the founding of the United States, were Americans able to directly elect their senators.

Boy educate yourself on history before running your mouth.
Even at the advent of USA only white males who owned land could vote for the government. Interestingly enough as time progressed everyone could vote yet individual power has essentially dwindled down.

Nowadays the US grants useful people , people with money, an opportunity to change laws through influence.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

Tailor made and customized to your situation is absolutely paramount, cut n paste is unacceptable and lazy and showing a lack of foresight. Tailoring needs to take into consideration many factors though such as population, regions, soldier contribution by each region, which region contribute more or less to the economy, natural resource based areas vs non natural resource based areas, clan factors, gee the tailoring can become so customized it could be well crafted system to ensure it can resist collapse.

Our systems now it's just simply copy n paste from the west, go to training seminars and just copy n paste, but it never works. Nothing is really locally inspired which is bad indication of the future. The funny thing is when u don't even know how to design a system for yourself, it shows to the world you must of been an cawaan dee, It's quite embarassing when I have to face my peers wallahi

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Even at the advent of USA only white males who owned land could vote for the government. Interestingly enough as time progressed everyone could vote yet individual power has essentially dwindled down.

Nowadays the US grants useful people , people with money, an opportunity to change laws through influence.

I am no fan of Democracy never have been for Somalia but I am also no FAN of Islamist. I want tailored and unique home grown system like REAL COUNTRIES DO LIKE UAE OR SAUDIS that are suitable for they're people, this indicates these people are 'aware' it's easy to create administration since they had a history of it, it's the one who lack history in governance who use the 'democracy' template since they have no clue where to start kkkk. Alarm bells go off for supremacists who yell 'wild life' and 'monkey noises' kkkkk

Trending