An interesting article about The past

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
homophobia exist because of colonialism?? i haven't read the article but i feel it's going to have some BS like thsi

The native Somali word for "Gay", as far as I know, is "Lagaroon" (as in "Waa laga roon yahay "). I doubt cadaans taught us that.

:lolbron:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
isn't gay in somali called "kaaniiss"??? never heard of lagaroon in my life

Khaniis is an Arabic loanword. Lagaroon is the native term or at least one of the native terms. Most use the Arabic word nowadays hence your experience.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Ngl, this took me by suprise what are ypur thoughs about this

Yes it is an interesting article. I do think the puritanical attitude of the European Christians made homosexuality a detestable action based on their bible and also their biology nature. A white European man then was more savage that say--a Turkish or Middle eastern. (the civilization of man makes him weaker and homosexuality prone) Not to mention, the nature of the Turk or middle eastern is not as brave physically as a European. Think about the countless of white Europeans, and their American descendant dying bravely in wars. Middle eastern would rather shake his booty in dance folk than engage in manly pursuits.

The tolerant Muslim civilization is a culture yes, but it should not be that way. There is a hadith of a feminine men working in the living quarters of women during prophet Muhammad's pbuh days. In fact, there is a hadith where one of these feminine men commented about a womans back shape, praising her of course, intended to match her with an inaa Abbas--and the prophet pbuh heard him and said-- "this one should be removed from women quarters" i do not know if this hadith is sahihi or not. Obviously the assumption here is--feminine men are not attracted to women, therefore can work in the women quarters.

Last edited:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
The native Somali word for "Gay", as far as I know, is "Lagaroon" (as in "Waa laga roon yahay "). I doubt cadaans taught us that.

:lolbron:

Somali is a tactful language. Not used to being harash. Lagaaroone is a very sexy name for saying gay. Inoffensive to say the least.

There is also Daadkaa Xuun Xuun. loooool

Naago sheeneeye lol

Its actually adorable. I am honestly surprised there is a penis & vagina word in Somali: "gu.s" or "Siil" i would think Somalis were too shy, they would have called these parts

Ali & Idil

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
Yes it is an interesting article. I do think the puritanical attitude of the European Christians made homosexuality a detestable action based on their bible and also their biology nature. A white European man then was more savage that say--a Turkish or Middle eastern. (the civilization of man makes him weaker and homosexuality prone) Not to mention, the nature of the Turk or middle eastern is not as brave physically as a European. Think about the countless of white Europeans, and their American descendant dying bravely in wars. Middle eastern would rather shake his booty in dance folk than engage in manly pursuits.

The tolerant Muslim civilization is a culture yes, but it should not be that way. There is a hadith of a feminine men working in the living quarters of women during prophet Muhammad's pbuh days. In fact, there is a hadith where one of these feminine men commented about a womans back shape, praising her of course, intended to match her with an inaa Abbas--and the prophet pbuh heard him and said-- "this one should be removed from women quarters" i do not know if this hadith is sahihi or not. Obviously the assumption here is--feminine men are not attracted to women, therefore can work in the women quarters.

Screenshot_20210622-130515_Instagram.jpg

Read the article and SEVERAL major problems with it.

First,

ARAB DOES NOT EQUAL A MUSLIM NACALAA KUGU YAALA. Seriously. I seethe inside when they do this. From that fact alone the whole article is already rubbish.

Second,

Its a sin in Islam to engage in gay activities. Some arabs engaging and being gay doesn’t mean that muslims worldwide where tolerating homosexuality. Who wrote this??

Third and biggest point,

People around the world had already prejudice against homosexuality, I hate people who say the west exported homophobia during colonialism, its objectively not true. Colonialism has had its effects around the world, but the west spreading homophobia around the world is nonsense. Places where the westerners did not have large populations are extremely homophobic, how is this possible? Hate for gays was already there, lagarooneyaasha have always been marginalised around the world. They need to accept this.

gonna assume the article is gonna talk about the ottoman era. those lot were degenerates lmao theres ottoman art of a literal **** carousel

Trending