An Archeologist Made A Mapping Of Thosands Of Archaeological Structures In Puntland And Somaliland

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP
:draketf:why the niggas in the comment section asking about ''dna test of the burial'' do they think it's not somali what inferiorty complex

Garaad diinle

 
Quite remarkable this map clearly outlines a presence on large parts of the coast meaning somalis were coastal people that were always trading with the outside word. The concentrated dotes cover an area equivalent to the nederland. I initially thought that these dotes would be more spread out since somalis in the interior were nomads always on the move looking for greener pasture.

The reason may lay in the traditional story of araweelo. It's been said that in the time of araweelo northern somalia stretching from zaylac to bari were completely green full of vegetation and trees. This means somalis moved less and were more of an agro-pastoralist people. For all we know they might've cut the trees for trade and over grazed the land which turned northern somalia's climate into an semi-arid one.

Last edited:

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
Quite remarkable this map clearly outlines a presence on large parts of the coast meaning somalis were coastal people that were always trading with the outside word. The concentrated dotes cover an area equivalent to the nederland. I initially thought that these dotes would be more spread out since somalis in the interior were nomads always on the move looking for greener pasture.

The reason may lay in the traditional story of araweelo. It's been said that in the time of araweelo northern somalia stretching from zaylac to bari were completely green full of vegetation and trees. This means somalis moved less and were more of an agro-pastoralist people. For all we know they might've cut the trees for trade and over grazed the land which turned northern somalia's climate into an semi-arid one.
In the laas geel paintings there are giraffes on there, clearly showing that the area was more greener then before

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I was on a drive on the highway from Bosaso to Garoowe and it's pretty surprising how many burial mounds and cairns you just casually drive by on the highway alone, looking just like the archaeological pictures you see in some papers and books. Termite hills are another fun and common sight. Saw a few baboons running together in groups near Laag as well.

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
I was on a drive on the highway from Bosaso to Garoowe and it's pretty surprising how many burial mounds and cairns you just casually drive by on the highway alone, looking just like the archaeological pictures you see in some papers and books. Termite hills are another fun and common sight. Saw a few baboons running together in groups near Laag as well.
The spanish archaeologist dugged up one of the graves and found this
this-is-the-excavated-tomb-of-a-young-somali-child-7-years-v0-8idcb40xo3j91.jpg

Especially this man right here 💀

Genetic testing of these burials could be very helpful in bringing light to the southward migration of Cushitic peoples. The South Cushites were the earliest to migrate south into the Somali peninsula & they made it all the way to Tanzania. The Tutsis and Iraqw people descend from these South Cushites.

Somalis who are Eastern Cushites migrated south later, and probably made it to the Somali peninsula a little over 3,000 years ago. I believe the paternal haplogroup most Somalis carry, E-Y18629, is also evidence to this.

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
Imagine the stuff we could find with more resources. Horn africa is a archaeological goldmine.

Trending