Amxaar Tried to Take Xamar but instead got enslaved

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I came across a brief history of Moobleen Cismaans fight back against Amxaaro aggression towards Benadir.

Mind you these amxaaras had guns given to them by the Europeans while MC were fighting back with sling shots, spears and other hand to hand weapons. Eventually the Amxaaras were humiliated and ran back to there highlands and the captured amxaaras were eventually working on the fields of Balcad as slaves, this came at cost of course (lots of MC perished) but thousands of Amxaaras with guns getting defeated and enslaved by local farmers proves that in nature Ethiopians are weak.

There's a section in Mogadishu to this day that's dedicated to MC hero's who defeated and humiliated the aggressors, and it's called "Amxaara Camp" in which they sold there prizes to the farmers:salute:

Remember that time Ethiopia rolled in with its tanks and killed thousands of your relatives. :mjlol:

I was too young and disinterested to watch it on t.v, but if I could I would be like :salute:

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
Remember that time Ethiopia rolled in with its tanks and killed thousands of your relatives. :mjlol:

I was too young and disinterested to watch it on t.v, but if I could I would be like :salute:
I remember seeing it on Universal TV. The amxaar rolled in with their tanks and the peasants clapped for them :drakelaugh:

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
Yh but wasn't it the most peace they've had in 20+ years. My grandma was there for a couple months in 06
Yes but I'd take anything over living under sharia. I'd help any foreigner to sabotage them, even if that's bad in the long run. Do you support Trump's ramped up campaign in Somalia today? Because I LOVE it. Wish I could drop the bombs.

World

VIP
Yes but I'd take anything over living under sharia. I'd help any foreigner to sabotage them, even if that's bad in the long run. Do you support Trump's ramped up campaign in Somalia today? Because I LOVE it. Wish I could drop the bombs.
So you would rather have your property confiscated, your family raped and butchered and warlords ruling over you instead of the Islamic Courts Union? Because that was how Southern Somalia was before.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
So you would rather have your property confiscated, your family raped and butchered and warlords ruling over you instead of the Islamic Courts Union?
No, but I would take that risk instead of condemning myself to ICU. Having your family raped and butchered is as bad as living under sharia law. I would first take out ICU and then worry about Ethiopia.

World

VIP
No, but I would take that risk instead of condemning myself to ICU. Having your family raped and butchered is as bad as living under sharia law. I would first take out ICU and then worry about Ethiopia.
The United States themselves stated that the illegal invasion was a mistake, and that it was based on Ethiopian propoganda.

-Under the Islamic Courts Union, people in Southern Somalia got their homes back which were stolen from them just because of their clan.
-There was law and accountability.
-Clans unable to defend themselves or are too weak found justice.
-The most peace since the downfall of the government in 1991.

You're not speaking as a civilian living in Somalia, but as a refugee whose parents fled Somalia. So don't tell me you would prefer living under warlords over ICU just because of your gaalnimo. Somalia is a 100 % Muslim country.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
The United States themselves stated that the illegal invasion was a mistake, and that it was based on Ethiopian propoganda.

-Under the Islamic Courts Union, people in Southern Somalia got their homes back which were stolen from them just because of their clan.
-There was law and accountability.
-Clans unable to defend themselves or are too weak found justice.
-The most peace since the downfall of the government in 1991.

You're not speaking as a civilian living in Somalia, but as a refugee whose parents fled Somalia. So don't tell me you would prefer living under warlords over ICU just because of your gaalnimo. Somalia is a 100 % Muslim country.
Yes Somali civilians would have preferred Islamic courts. Believe it or not, a lot of them currently support Al Shabab, and not because of the stability but because they agree with their jihadist goals. I'm not very sympathetic to that.

World

VIP
Yes Somali civilians would have preferred Islamic courts. Believe it or not, a lot of them currently support Al Shabab, and not because of the stability but because they agree with their jihadist goals. I'm not very sympathetic to that.
The same Somali civilians who are getting their villages burnt by Al Shabab and are getting their livestock stolen?

https://www.hrw.org/news/2017/07/26/somalia-al-shabab-forces-burn-villages

Or the Somali civilians who have to deal with bombings every single week?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-mogadishu-militants-kill-death-a7792011.html

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
The same Somali civilians who are getting their villages burnt by Al Shabab and are getting their livestock stolen?

https://www.hrw.org/news/2017/07/26/somalia-al-shabab-forces-burn-villages

Or the Somali civilians who have to deal with bombings every single week?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-mogadishu-militants-kill-death-a7792011.html
I am against both and I wish for peace. But Islamists, be they AS or ICU cannot play a role. I want them out of the equation.

World

VIP
I am against both and I wish for peace. But Islamists, be they AS or ICU cannot play a role. I want them out of the equation.
Your comments clearly show that you don't want peace though.

Al Shabab exists 11 years after the Ethiopian invasion, but the moderate ICU has been defeated.

Somalia would be a peaceful country had the hardliners in the ICU been sidelined, and a few adjustments been made.

But you would prefer hundreds of thousands of civilians dying over a Muslim Brotherhood like group.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
Your comments clearly show that you don't want peace though.

Al Shabab exists 11 years after the Ethiopian invasion, but the moderate ICU has been defeated.

Somalia would be a peaceful country had the hardliners in the ICU been sidelined, and a few adjustments been made.

But you would prefer hundreds of thousands of civilians dying over a Muslim Brotherhood like group.
No I dont want hundreds of thousands dying. If I had the resources and weapons, I'd be on the frontline, in the midst of it. It's a zero sum game.

Status
Not open for further replies.