Amhara General warns Ethiopian citizens

Ethiopian Defense Force Chief Berhanu Jula vows military action against any entity trying to impose will by force

Deputy Defense Force Chief remark came as authorities in Tigray region vow to defy Ethiopia’s Federal government power after September 30
Ethiopian Defense _ Berhanu Jula
Deputy Chief of Staff Berhanu Jula (Photo : ENA-resized)
borkena
September 25, 2020
As authorities in the Tigray region of Ethiopia announced that the mandate of Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed’s government comes to an end on September 30, the deputy chief of staff of the Ethiopian Defense Force Berhanu Jula warns that the defense force will take action against any entity trying to impose its will by force.
He said so during an interview with state media, Ethiopian News Agency (ENA), on Thursday.
“We will be compelled to take action against any entity that is seeking to impose its will in a way that violates the constitution,” said the Deputy Chief of Staff and Head of operation affairs General Berhanu. He said that those who say that there is no government after September 30 should be careful not to violate the constitution. The defense force will stand in the guard of the constitution, he said.

It is unclear if the interview was conducted within the context of developments in the Tigray region of Ethiopia where a regional government under the leadership of Debretsion Gebremichael was established on Thursday following an election in the region which the House of Federation rejected as illegal. TPLF leaders running the region are also in a collision course with the Federal government as they are rejecting the decision of the parliament this week to hold the six general elections across the country including the Tigray region during this Ethiopian year. If the Tigray regional state is not letting that happen in the region, the Federal government is likely to act. General Berhanu Jula’s interview lacked specificity in that regard.
General Berhanu also remarked on the issue of banknote changes, he confirmed that the Defense Force is engaged in enforcing the law to facilitate the exchange of old banknotes with new ones. The reason why the defense force had to be involved in law enforcement as it relates to the banknote changes is unclear. Last week, Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed said that the Defense force will confiscate illegal cash (cash in the amount of 1.5 million Ethiopian birr is considered as illegal according to recent regulation by the Ethiopian government), and use it to strengthen the Defense Force as an institution. PM Abiy’s speech drew criticism at the time.
General Berhanu Jula elaborated on the issue during the interview with Ethiopian News Agency. “Illegally circulating money will be seized and spent on reinforcing the security structure,” he said. He was critical of those whom he said are tarnishing the image of the defense force, but he did not name names.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Tigray has enough manpower to win a defensive war against Ethiopia. Especially with there geography and Ethiopias division.

I doubt the Fed. will go for direct confrontation.

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
Tigray has enough manpower to win a defensive war against Ethiopia. Especially with there geography and Ethiopias division.

I doubt the Fed. will go for direct confrontation.

Tigray have always been the military brain behind the Ethiopian enterprise. Amhara only provide the many footsoldiers.

Alula_Engida.jpg

Tigray have always been the military brain behind the Ethiopian enterprise. Amhara only provide the many footsoldiers.

View attachment 142442
Is that Ras Alula?

Anyway Amhara used Oromos to dominate Abysinia.
Today Oromos are more educated and exposed to the world and they are united.
an Oromo Orthodox christian feels closer to an Oromo Muslim than he feels closer to an Amhara Orthodox christian.
Heck even Tigray Orthodox hate Amhara orthordox .

Amhara orthodox changed the bible.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP

View attachment 142442
Not really they are grossly overestimated on this website Oromia and Amhara both can field more than them and have increased there forces the past few years.

Tigray also has a very weak budget from the fed now they will be dwarfed in the next year or two if they havent been already. The only redeeming quality is they are a completely mountainous region with alot more battle experience.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Tigray got balls, not only holding their own election against the Ethiopian government wishes, now they are basically saying they are the government after September 30th :mjlol:

What has this to do with Amhara? Everybody knows the general is Oromo. The Amharaphobia is real :ftw9nwa: And Tigray regional militias with their AK-47 beating the battle hardened federal army (that is as we speak protecting them from possible Eritrean attack at the Tigray-Eritrea border) is the joke of the century. Abiy doesn’t want to be seen as the one who started the military confrontation and is waiting until TPLF old farts make one fatal step of sending their militias one inch outside of Tigray territory. Then the army will march directly to mekele and jail all TPLF leaders, mark my world. It won’t even be a long operation but a quick few days operation.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
What has this to do with Amhara? Everybody knows the general is Oromo. The Amharaphobia is real :ftw9nwa: And Tigray regional militias with their AK-47 beating the battle hardened federal army (that is as we speak protecting them from possible Eritrean attack at the Tigray-Eritrea border) is the joke of the century. Abiy doesn’t want to be seen as the one who started the military confrontation and is waiting until TPLF old farts make one fatal step of sending their militias one inch outside of Tigray territory. Then the army will march directly to mekele and jail all TPLF leaders, mark my world. It won’t even be a long operation but a quick few days operation.
They can field around 100K soldiers they also have a very mountainous terrain and have the most battle experience in fighting dictators from Addis.

Tigray will definitely lose territory but it could evolve into a grueling insurgency that is simply not even worth the risk. Abiy will do nothing and the TPLF will continue trying to get others states to become thorns in Abiys side, they know better than anyone they would be crushed if they peeked out of Tigray you will be waiting forever on that front.

They can field around 100K soldiers they also have a very mountainous terrain and have the most battle experience in fighting dictators from Addis.

Tigray will definitely lose territory but it could evolve into a grueling insurgency that is simply not even worth the risk. Abiy will do nothing and the TPLF will continue trying to get others states to become thorns in Abiys side, they know better than anyone they would be crushed if they peeked out of Tigray you will be waiting forever on that front.

One thing I agree with is that it is not worth it. You guys should know Tigray is a very poor region with more than 50% of its budget coming from the federal government. It has no strategical or economical relevance for Ethiopia. If Tigray decides to become independence, no one in Ethiopia really bothers to even try to hold it back. So it is really not worth fighting and destroy and displace thousands of lives. The only thing that holds Tigray to Ethiopia is its people. Ordinary Tigreans very much identify with their Ethiopian identity and the federal government is careful not to alienate them. TPLF is a mafia organization from one of the clans in Tigray. The other regions are pretty much slaves to the Adwa clan and have been revolting in the last months. I'm pretty sure if Abiy don't attack them and let them rule Tigray few years, the people of Tigray (especially non-Adwans) themselves will remove the mafia group. I am very much certain on that!

Amhara are still milking the prophet's dua. It's mind boggling how these fuckers haven't been extinct yet. I wish an asteroid would hit the earth and reset civilization, it's the only out for my people since these guys have strong backing from the west.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Amhara are still milking the prophet's dua. It's mind boggling how these fuckers haven't been extinct yet. I wish an asteroid would hit the earth and reset civilization, it's the only out for my people since these guys have strong backing from the west.
Amhara have been nobodys since Selassie forget them they are in an internal struggle with Oromos.

Cagjar is enemy number one two and three we cant afford to have an cadow like him set us back while other states are building there armys and enforcing more autonomy. He has to go by any means necessary. I am very happy to hear elections will be soon to come the bald maggot is getting braver however and is showing more and more willing to be violent. If he manages to rig the elections it will be a major problem.

Amhara have been nobodys since Selassie forget them they are in an internal struggle with Oromos.

Cagjar is enemy number one two and three we cant afford to have an cadow like him set us back while other states are building there armys and enforcing more autonomy. He has to go by any means necessary. I am very happy to hear elections will be soon to come the bald maggot is getting braver however and is showing more and more willing to be violent. If he manages to rig the elections it will be a major problem.
cagjar is a nobody like Ilay, he was appointed from Adis Ababa, so why would you expect him to do anything but their bidding? Until we can elect our own officials, things won't change. The problems don't end with him although I want him out as well, just for his domestic politics.

cagjar is a nobody like Ilay, he was appointed from Adis Ababa, so why would you expect him to do anything but their bidding? Until we can elect our own officials, things won't change. The problems don't end with him although I want him out as well, just for his domestic politics.
What is the issue with Cagjar, He is seems to genuinely see himself as ethiopian lol, He gives me give traitor vibes

Trending

Latest posts