Americans, how much do you pay per month on health insurance?

It depends on variety of factors..

low income folks get it for free or Minimal payment

I work and there are three options

high deductible..I need to spend $1500 before insurance kicks in.. then insurance covers 90% of the bill. for single person it cost $75 a month…couples $150 a month and family $220 a month..

so an example if I have a 10k bill, I would pay $2,350 ($1500 deductable and then 10% of remaining balance) and insurance would cover $7650…once I pay the deditable every other bill after that is covered at 90% for the year..so if I had another 10k bill that year I would only pay $1000 and insurance would pay the $9000..

medium deductible…I need to spend $800 before insurance kicks in and cover 90%…for single person it’s $150 a month…couple $300 a month and family $450 a month

Low deductible…I need to speed $250 before insurance kicks in and covers 90%.. for single person it’s $220 a month, couple $450 a month and family coverage is $700 a month

a deductible is the amount that has to be spent before insurance starts to cover…

overall it’s not great but not terrible either. I have see companies with better rates/deductible and other that are much worse (5k deductible)..

American insurance and health care system is probably the worst amoungst the developed world for being expensive with poor outcomes..even if your uninsured hospitals can’t turn away people but they will send u a big bill and put you in bankruptcy..it absolutely insane…

I can’t see it changing tho, too many people making money from it..healthcare is 20% of the entire US economy and a ton of company profit from this conveluded system..

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

high deductible..I need to spend $1500 before insurance kicks in.. then insurance covers 90% of the bill. for single person it cost $75 a month…couples $150 a month and family $220 a month..

so an example if I have a 10k bill, I would pay $2,350 ($1500 deductable and then 10% of remaining balance) and insurance would cover $7650…once I pay the deditable every other bill after that is covered at 90% for the year..so if I had another 10k bill that year I would only pay $1000 and insurance would pay the $9000..

medium deductible…I need to spend $800 before insurance kicks in and cover 90%…for single person it’s $150 a month…couple $300 a month and family $450 a month

Low deductible…I need to speed $250 before insurance kicks in and covers 90%.. for single person it’s $220 a month, couple $450 a month and family coverage is $700 a month

a deductible is the amount that has to be spent before insurance starts to cover…

overall it’s not great but not terrible either. I have see companies with better rates/deductible and other that are much worse (5k deductible)..

American insurance and health care system is probably the worst amoungst the developed world for being expensive with poor outcomes..even if your uninsured hospitals can’t turn away people but they will send u a big bill and put you in bankruptcy..it absolutely insane…

I can’t see it changing tho, too many people making money from it..healthcare is 20% of the entire US economy and a ton of company profit from this conveluded system..

Never seen health care explained so well. U should do a Youtube Vlog and explain to people about stuff

Tbh, its not as bad as I thought it would be. For example, I pay like 135 euros for basic health insurance with what you guys would call a 'detuctable' of 385 euros. I can raise my detuctable to 885 and would get 15 euros off so that would be like 120 euros.

I also have a seperate dental insurance which costs me like 30 euros a month and they only cover up to max 500 euros a year. So anything above 500 euros, is coming out of your own pockets with dental care. In my case, I like to go to the dental hygenist like twice a year, and in my case I would already fill up my max coverage of 500 euros in this case. Normal check ups at the dentist however are not charged though. But if they have to make an x-ray of your mouth or something, or fill a cavity or something, you would get at your max coverage pretty quickly.

Of course, the catch is that the insurance only covers 90% in your case, as with me its 100% for most of the time (only asks you to pay a small amount extra for a few treamtents). So I understand that it can get tricky with a really expensive treatment, because 10% of a 1 million dollar treatment is still 100K. And not everyone has that kind of money lying around, lol.

But all in all its certainly not as bad as I thought hearing all these horror stories. Americans earn allot more money in general, so they can also set aside allot more money in case your have to make health care costs.

Tbh, its not as bad as I thought it would be. For example, I pay like 135 euros for basic health insurance with what you guys would call a 'detuctable' of 385 euros. I can raise my detuctable to 885 and would get 15 euros off so that would be like 120 euros.

I also have a seperate dental insurance which costs me like 30 euros a month and they only cover up to max 500 euros a year. So anything above 500 euros, is coming out of your own pockets with dental care. In my case, I like to go to the dental hygenist like twice a year, and in my case I would already fill up my max coverage of 500 euros in this case. Normal check ups at the dentist however are not charged though. But if they have to make an x-ray of your mouth or something, or fill a cavity or something, you would get at your max coverage pretty quickly.

Of course, the catch is that the insurance only covers 90% in your case, as with me its 100% for most of the time (only asks you to pay a small amount extra for a few treamtents). So I understand that it can get tricky with a really expensive treatment, because 10% of a 1 million dollar treatment is still 100K. And not everyone has that kind of money lying around, lol.

But all in all its certainly not as bad as I thought hearing all these horror stories. Americans earn allot more money in general, so they can also set aside allot more money in case your have to make health care costs.
That’s very informative to know about the European system..

with US insurance there is an out of pocket maximum…my insurance out of pocket maximum is 5k individual…once you spend 5k out of pocket then insurance has to cover 100% of premiums.. so even on a $1 million dollar bill the maximum paid will be $5k..

dental insurance is much cheaper…my is $6 bucks a month and covers all preventive care and 80% of lost major procedures..

If you don't have insurance in Amerilard, this is what you'd be looking out for a broken arm;

Forearm X-ray$190 to $1,000
Application of an arm splint$201 to $239
Application of a forearm or upper arm cast$228 to $242
Surgical treatment of a broken arm$16,000+

Imagine making your citizens pay $1400+ for a broken arm whilst giving Israel $3.8 Billion dollars so they can rocket schools :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: :mjlol:

I hope the rising inflation rips Americunts a new arsehole wallahi. Fucking diabetic, high fructose corn syrup guzzling doofaars.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
Reer American

"Doctor, how much would you like my left kidney for?"
Posing Mr Bean GIF by Working Title