American Somalis come in

Are you #YANGGANG?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kratos

Sonder
American politics is as polarized as it’s ever been if you don’t have a base(centrists) you wont win, most voting Americans fall either far left or far right currently with very few centrists, the election will be a battle between trumps fat right and Bernie’s far left, people are sick of centrists and and dems would rather not vote at all then pick a centrist(what happened to Hilary) leading to a trump victory
Dems are petty and Americans are stupid

Kratos

Sonder
American politics is as polarized as it’s ever been if you don’t have a base(centrists) you wont win, most voting Americans fall either far left or far right currently with very few centrists, the election will be a battle between trumps fat right and Bernie’s far left, people are sick of centrists and and dems would rather not vote at all then pick a centrist(what happened to Hilary) leading to a trump victory
Dems should nominate Yang. That will be his base and he can appeal to the conservatives better than Bernie

Tukraq

VIP
Dems should nominate Yang. That will be his base and he can appeal to the conservatives better than Bernie
This is what I’m getting at dems won’t vote for someone who apeals to conservatives, and republicans won’t vote someone who appeals to democrats lol, it’s not stupid you shouldn’t compromise or weaken your beliefs for the other party, centrists will have no chance and there will not be any cross party voting in this election, and this is how the American government was set up, for not to be unilateral but bicameral with two parties that disagree so it’s hard to push bad policies because they will never pass and only good policies will get through albeit with difficulty and this is why the American political system has been so succesful because there’s always a dissenting opinion or voice challenging everything so it represents every individual

Kratos

Sonder
This is what I’m getting at dems won’t vote for someone who apeals to conservatives, and republicans won’t vote someone who appeals to democrats lol, it’s not stupid you shouldn’t compromise or weaken your beliefs for the other party, centrists will have no chance and there will not be any cross party voting in this election, and this is how the American government was set up, for not to be unilateral but bicameral with two parties that disagree so it’s hard to push bad policies because they will never pass and only good policies will get through albeit with difficulty and this is why the American political system has been so succesful because there’s always a dissenting opinion or voice challenging everything so it represents every individual
That's a fair point but idk man. Andrew Yang has actually been received kind of well on conservative networks like Fox news. Check out that 2nd video I posted. The interviewer points out that Yang is a democrat but you can tell he high-key agrees with him. It's the dem networks like CNN that are giving him the most trouble since they seem to have already mentally picked their candidates

Kratos

Sonder
this is too much pressure warya I never voted before.
:noneck:
LOL then it's party your fault that Trump got elected :ftw9nwa: Political apathy is dangerous for predominantly working class immigrant communities like ours. Just vote for Yang. No American ethnic group will benefit from UBI more than Somalis

EDIT:
Unless you were underage before :cosbyhmm:

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
How many of you are voting for Andrew Yang?

If you're not voting for Yang then tell me why and tell me who you're voting for instead.
If you are voting for Yang then also tell me why.

Oh, was it that dude in your avi pic? I thought it was that Chinese guy from that one sitcom.

giphy.gif

:deadmanny:

I feel dumb, lol.

Abdullnur

Logic over everything
Bait n' which tactics . I can see right Thur his tricks. Even tho I would like a 1000$ / monthly he supports abortion and tax's and is not a
Constitutionist.

Tukraq

VIP
That's a fair point but idk man. Andrew Yang has actually been received kind of well on conservative networks like Fox news. Check out that 2nd video I posted. The interviewer points out that Yang is a democrat but you can tell he high-key agrees with him. It's the dem networks like CNN that are giving him the most trouble since they seem to have already mentally picked their candidates
Exactly why in the world would a dem vote for someone who appeals to conservatives

Kratos

Sonder
Exactly why in the world would a dem vote for someone who appeals to conservatives
He appeals to them because he appeals to everyone and that's because he makes sense! He is liberal af. He supports abortion, gay rights and universal healthcare. Nothing remotely right-wing about this guy. Do dems even care about America or do they just want to one-up conservatives?

Tukraq

VIP
He appeals to them because he appeals to everyone and that's because he makes sense! He is liberal af. He supports abortion, gay rights and universal healthcare. Nothing remotely right-wing about this guy. Do dems even care about America or do they just want to one-up conservatives?
Your acting like those are some far left policies:chrisfreshhah:majority of Americans support that lol abortion isn’t up for debate, it doesn’t make you liberal lol, his health care plan wasn’t good either when I watched his interview with Shapiro and like I said he plans on getting entitlements out the way for a measly 1k:birdman:bernie is a better candidate in every policy, better when it comes to jobs(right to work), better at college fully tuition free not that wishwashy shit yang was saying on shapiros show better at health care, he’s just better at everything and it’s an easy choice picking between the liberal candidate and the crone neocon centrist in yang who was working with Obama, Hilary showed you identity politics and centrism doesn’t work anymore

Last edited:

VixR

Veritas
31b7a6607111c071dc28643636773e11.png

5ad0f2b79e28ceedbc9c5651000f9d5c.png

I don't know how to feel about this.^

I think Bernie Sanders and the social-democratic way tackles all his problems in a more targeted approach. Andrew Yang is just bribing people with social-credit while ignoring regulations that are needed in capitalism. Its a pure submission to ideological and business consensus.

UBI is part of the dystopia. Large excess population, and you're given the bare minimum to amuse yourself. That's the insulation for mass and meaningless injustice, which is an impoverished view of human capacity IMO.

UBI today is basically to write off people. Are we going to believe, that in some revolutionary fashion, that we can't reorganize society so that people do have purpose and meaning?

How depressing, and unnecessary if you think about it. We don't need to be on the dark side of these debates; I believe we are better than that. There's a lot more human beings are capable of that submit to corporate accelerationism.

I'm not against UBI if it's a part of a bigger package that also helps tackle and regulate capitalism, but Andrew Yang doesn't seem to be interested in that.
In, theory that’s fine. Capitalism was initially meant to be regulated. But in practice, because of the free market, the private sector now has a powerful hold over the pubic sector (politicians and regulators) by (legally and illegally) funding them copious amounts of money through campaign finance so they can uphold their interests.

If/when the regulation process actually works, corporations still put the interests of shareholders above workers and the environment. So until capitalism burns everything around it, or the free market collapses (not sure it’s smart to want that either), there is not much hope of regulating it in a meaningful capacity. It’s become a beast.

There are actually ways Yang has detailed to combat the campaign finance issue, which I forget the term for, but it’s a credit each citizen receives explicitly meant for donating to campaigns as a way from citizens to regain some footage on that plane.

Tech and AI are a product of capitalism, and just like many other wonderful things capitalism made possible, there are downsides. Yeah, it seems depressing that people will be written off, but it’s inevitable and it’s a reality we have to try to prepare for.

Calling for an overhaul in the regulation of capitalism is something that is over discussed, but not-surprisingly nothing really ever comes out of it (and there’s a reason for that). UBI however, will have to be worked out eventually, because otherwise the repercussions will be too in our face to ignore.

Last edited:

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
The republicans benefit from the inner division of the Democratic Party. In the end it’s gonna be Biden vs Trump, and I believe that Trump has a stronger chance for a second term because Bernie (who wont be nominated by the Dems) supporters like last election will get their revenge by not showing up during Election Day. I hope this doesn’t happen tho, we have to get trump out of office :)

How many of you are voting for Andrew Yang?

If you're not voting for Yang then tell me why and tell me who you're voting for instead.
If you are voting for Yang then also tell me why.
I don’t want see Trump 2020 and Andrew have no chance to be elected as US president.
I watched some of his Interviews and he seems to be good businessman, but his theory as president isn’t impressive and its out of this world.
I am voting for Bernie, I believe he is the only one who have chance against trump. His policies are way better then most candidates and he seems to be good politician.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts