American accent is the best accent to have

Apollo

VIP
It sounds much cooler to be honest. My favourite is New York accent.

America has many different accents. When I was new to the English language it all sounded the same to me, but now I can notice huge differences. Especially the Southern US accent sounds way different from the rest. African American, Jewish American (how Bernie Sanders talks), Hispanic American, Bostonian, General New Yorker etc also are very noticeable.

Apollo

VIP
Some linguists believe that the thick Southern US American accent spoken by the whites there is the closest to how people spoke English in England in the 1700s.

In the 1800s elite British English changed a lot (morphing into today's RP).

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
Alright, we can agree that the worst one is the Canadian 'inner-city'/urban accent. I'm not sure whether that is exclusive to Toronto or pervasive throughout other cities the way MLE spans all over in the UK.

I think a general British accent that doesn't have too strong of a regional accent sounds much more charming and intelligent. A general mainstream American accent sounds warmer and more welcoming, though I suppose it might have to do with American mannerisms, and unprovoked and unrelenting friendliness.

American accents on Somali girls sounds exotic to me though. Makes me feel like my brain is glitching. Looks East London, but speaks like she's from Cali. I've met Canadian Xalimos and one American Faarax, but never a born/raised American xalimo.

Alright, we can agree that the worst one is the Canadian 'inner-city'/urban accent. I'm not sure whether that is exclusive to Toronto or pervasive throughout other cities the way MLE spans all over in the UK.

I think a general British accent that doesn't have too strong of a regional accent sounds much more charming and intelligent. A general mainstream American accent sounds warmer and more welcoming, though I suppose it might have to do with American mannerisms, and unprovoked and unrelenting friendliness.

American accents on Somali girls sounds exotic to me though. Makes me feel like my brain is glitching. Looks East London, but speaks like she's from Cali. I've met Canadian Xalimos and one American Faarax, but never a born/raised American xalimo.

Erm how does one look like they’re from East London

Brits sound funny. Expecially when they talk “gangster”. Sounds almost 2 proper to me.

Compare Denzel Washington and Idris Elba and tell me Denzel doesn’t sound cooler. Lol

Trending