AMAZING GRACE; SOMALI EXCELLENCY; 2 xaliimos won seats in their cities in MN & Maine

@Grigori Rasputin

Waryaa how are things in Malaysia? Would’ve given you a couple clubs in KL frequented by the kids of diplomats and the Malaysian elite, but you’re travelling on budget and wear soccer shorts to the beach. Have you met habraha cuslaadey who came for a holiday from Europe?

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
@Grigori Rasputin

Waryaa how are things in Malaysia? Would’ve given you a couple clubs in KL frequented by the kids of diplomats and the Malaysian elite, but you’re travelling on budget and wear soccer shorts to the beach. Have you met habraha cuslaadey who came for a holiday from Europe?

I am content with my activities...I’ve had a glimpse of the Somali neighborhood in KL...lord have mercy, they are in the dirtiest part of KL...reminds of Eastleigh..but ..I saw some baddies :ohhhdamn: but I had company. I even saw a heavily pregnant one staring at me. I don’t know why she was staring :russsmug:

I am content with my activities...I’ve had a glimpse of the Somali neighborhood in KL...lord have mercy, they are in the dirtiest part of KL...reminds of Eastleigh..but ..I saw some baddies :ohhhdamn: but I had company. I even saw a heavily pregnant one staring at me. I don’t know why she was staring :russsmug:
Lmfao

@Grigori Rasputin

A pregnant lady? Your lucky day!!! Where did you expect Somalis to live. I was approached by a skinny Somali guy with skinny jeans who was a drug dealer, he had all kinds of drugs and I reminded him the harsh drug laws there including the death penalty. He got angry with me and told me to F off.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
@Grigori Rasputin

A pregnant lady? Your lucky day!!! Where did you expect Somalis to live. I was approached by a skinny Somali guy with skinny jeans who was a drug dealer, he had all kinds of drugs and I reminded him the harsh drug laws there including the death penalty. He got angry with me and told me to F off.

Walahi..I didn’t wanna tell you this...while at the Somali neighborhood...I was sitting at this restaurant with couple of folks. I looked up and there’s this guy, Somali guy gesturing me to come over. I asked the girls if they knew the guy and they were like “no”. I then asked “is he Somali”. They were looking at him but he’d turn away. I told them I’ll go up to him. I went up to him and walahi the guy narrated a story of how his phone run out of credit to call back home. I asked him “how much” he said “10 ringgits”. I pulled out my wallet (away from him, turned away from him actually ). I couldn’t find a 10 and so I gave him 20. Dude just run away and he didn’t even walk.

Walahi..I didn’t wanna tell you this...while at the Somali neighborhood...I was sitting at this restaurant with couple of folks. I looked up and there’s this guy, Somali guy gesturing me to come over. I asked the girls if they knew the guy and they were like “no”. I then asked “is he Somali”. They were looking at him but he’d turn away. I told them I’ll go up to him. I went up to him and walahi the guy narrated a story of how his phone run out of credit to call back home. I asked him “how much” he said “10 ringgits”. I pulled out my wallet (away from him, turned away from him actually ). I couldn’t find a 10 and so I gave him 20. Dude just run away and he didn’t even walk.

@Grigori Rasputin

Only a few lucky ones who came to study and graduated are sponsored by employers (they are paid lower rates) and they’ve to prove to the authorities that they can’t find a Malaysian citizen willing to take that job. If they’re refugees, they aren’t allowed to work. They live on handouts from the UNHCR. If they’re lucky, they illegally do menial jobs and are exploited by employers. Malaysia is good for western Somali tourists, but others struggle to make ends meet.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
@Grigori Rasputin

Only a few lucky ones who came to study and graduated are sponsored by employers (they are paid lower rates) and they’ve to prove to the authorities that they can’t find a Malaysian citizen willing to take that job. If they’re refugees, they aren’t allowed to work. They live on handouts from the UNHCR. If they’re lucky, they illegally do menial jobs and are exploited by employers. Malaysia is good for western Somali tourists, but others struggle to make ends meet.

It’s an eye opening what some are going through. I see the dire circumstances they’re in. My heart hurts for them.

At the same time I met these chicks who seem to be benefiting from financial stream coming from their well to do parents back home. Chick told me that her father is the owner of a big company that we all know. I can’t mention it. I was shook. She refuse me to pay the lunch. Btw I just ran into them and strikes up a conversation where we ended up eating together.

it's funny how these "muslim" countries treat refugees like shyt. where is the Muslim brotherhood? only muslim brotherhood when all are well off.

it's funny how these "muslim" countries treat refugees like shyt. where is the Muslim brotherhood? only muslim brotherhood when all are well off.

@riyaale

Malaysia is a middle economy and unemployment is high among the Malaysians and they’ve to prioritise their citizens. If they let a free for all Muslims policy, they will be swamped by tens of millions of Muslim refugees. Their cops arrest illegal Burmese Muslim refugees and many have been deported back to Burma. The “Ummah” is fictional and I would like some here to discard their western countries passports and see if they would be welcomed by the countries their sheikhs they quote here all the time. People like Ibn Baz were the pillars of the Al-Saud dynasty, they do preach “Ummah” to blokes like @Lum and @Omar del Sur, but they won’t accept them as refugees.

@riyaale

Malaysia is a middle economy and unemployment is high among the Malaysians and they’ve to prioritise their citizens. If they let a free for all Muslims policy, they will be swamped by tens of millions of Muslim refugees. Their cops arrest illegal Burmese Muslim refugees and many have been deported back to Burma. The “Ummah” is fictional and I would like some here to discard their western countries passports and see if they would be welcomed by the countries their sheikhs quote. People like Ibn Baz were the pillars of the Al-Saud dynasty, they do preach “Ummah” to blokes like @Lum and @Omar del Sur, but they won’t accept them as refugees.

hypocrisy at its finest. ummah is fictional lmao oh man oh man. apparently if ummah cries for the poor that means they care. they need to live what they preach or shut up .

Last edited:

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
@riyaale

You’ve expressed a point I’ve been saying for a long time. That we should appreciate the West and we should give the Muslim world the middle finger.

Just today 2 Somali girls won a seat in their respective cities. Tell me what Muslim nation would even allow a Somali to be employed as a waiter let alone a government seat ?

5dc2eb0faf468.image.jpg

But first,

Somali who was target of threats wins US municipal election.

Safiya Kahlid speaking at aCandidates forum at Geiger Elementary School in Lewiston, Maine. Lewiston, a city in Maine that is home to thousands of African newcomers has elected a Somali American to its city council. Safiya Khalid soundly defeated a fellow Democrat on Tuesday for a seat on the Lewiston City Council./Sun Journal via AP)

LEWISTON, Maine (AP) — A city in Maine that is home to thousands of African newcomers has elected a Somali American to its city council.

Safiya Khalid (sah-FEE'-yah kah-LEED') soundly defeated a fellow Democrat on Tuesday for a seat on the Lewiston City Council.

She says her victory is proof that "community organizers beat internet trolls."

The 23-year-old Khalid was subject of social media criticism and threats, much of it originating outside Maine.

A photo of Khalid flipping off the camera when she was 15 and an audio recording of a local Democratic leader taunting her opponent were featured in the attacks.

Somalis fleeing war and famine began settling two decades ago in Maine's second-largest city. Lewiston is now home to more than 5,000 Africans.

https://www.theindependent.com/news...cle_6f67de94-2778-5e6b-87c5-6a251769984f.html

2019116637086284752767661guul.jpg

NEW YORK (HOL) - Two Somalia women secured historic wins in two US city council elections Tuesday attesting to remarkable participation of Somali immigrants in leadership roles in the US.

Yet another first for Somalis in US as two women elected to City Councils.

In St. Luis Park city council in Minnesota, 23 year old Nadia Mohamed decisively won by 63% to secure a seat at the city council.

Nadia who ran on a platform of affordable house, racial equity, youth engagement and climate action according to her campaign website became the first Somalia and Muslim woman to take a sit at the City Council.

According to a US based website Sahan Journal, Nadia got in involved in city politics to build connections within the St. Louis Park community. She joined the St. Louis Park Multicultural Advisory Committee, which helps bridge the city’s police departments with different cultural groups.

In March, Nadia received the St. Louis Park Human Rights Award in recognition of her “continuous dedication, leadership in connecting and communicating across cultures and ability to find new ways to build relationships in the community, the website reports.

In Maine, another female Somali was elected to the Lewiston City Council. Safiya Khalid also 23, defeated fellow democrat to become the city council’s new member. The Associated Press reported that Safiya called her campaign proof that "community organizers beat internet trolls."

The win by the two Somalis adds to an increasing number of Americans of Somali extraction who have clinched leadership positions in the last few years. Congress woman Ilhan Omar led the pack of three other Somalis in 2016 to be elected to political office.

In Canada, Ahmed Hussein was elected MP in 2015 and went ahead to become Immigration Minister in 2017. He was re-elected MP last month.

https://www.hiiraan.com/news4/2019/...us_as_two_women_elected_to_city_councils.aspx

Last edited:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...d-lewiston-maine-city-council-somali-refugee/

Racist trolls targeted a Somali refugee’s campaign. She still managed to pull off a historic victory.

With just a week to go before the election, Safiya Khalid was in tears. She had spent the past six months knocking on hundreds of doors in Lewiston, Maine, the city where she arrived as a refugee more than a decade earlier, and where she hoped to be the first Somali immigrant to win a seat on the city council. Suddenly, online trolls from as far away as Alabama and Mississippi were hurling vile abuse at her, telling her that Muslims had no place in American government and she should go back to where she came from.

“I just couldn’t take it,” Khalid told The Washington Post on Tuesday night. “I was crying so bad. My eyes were completely red.”

Khalid, a Democrat, was unsettled by the fact that someone had posted her address on social media. But she was also worried the hate-fueled attacks would become a distraction. So she deleted her Facebook account, asked friends to look out for worrisome comments and went back to pounding the streets with her leaflets and her clipboard.

On Tuesday night, she won her race by a significant margin. The victory, she told supporters, showed “community organizers beat Internet trolls.”

At 23, Khalid may be the youngest person to ever serve on the Lewiston City Council, as well as the first Somali immigrant. Her win on Tuesday night was one of several historic firsts across the country in local elections. In Virginia, Muslim women were elected to the state senate and the Fairfax County School Board for the first time. Nadia Mohamad, 23, became the first Muslim woman and first Somali elected to the city council in St. Louis Park, Minn., while Chol Majok, a 34-year-old who fled violence in South Sudan, became the first refugeeelected to public office in Syracuse, N.Y.

Mukhtar M. Ibrahim

✔@mukhtaryare

BREAKING: HUGE night for Somali women: Safiya Khalid wins a seat on the Lewiston City Council in Maine.

Nadia Mohamed also won a seat on the St. Louis Park City Council in Minnesota.

They are both 23 and will become youngest members to hold seats on their respective council.

11:05 PM - Nov 5, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

668 people are talking about this

But as Khalid’s experience demonstrates, running for office can be complicated when you’re a minority several times over. Though only about 36,000 people live in Lewiston, her campaign drew unwanted national attention as a photo from her high school days was shared thousands of times, and white nationalist blogs invoked fearmongering claims about the first two Muslim women in Congress, Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) and Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.). Every aspect of Khalid’s identity was weaponized, she told The Post, and she was attacked for being black, Muslim, a woman and a refugee. At times, she admits, “I honestly thought, ‘What did I get myself into?’"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...d-lewiston-maine-city-council-somali-refugee/

Somalis in America can do good things. Hope more homegrown(local US) somalis run for office to represent the younger somalis and to become a role model for them.

Trending

Latest posts