Amaan Obsiye Article: The ‘Ghost of Siad Bare’ has come to haunt Somalis

Interesting article. I agree with the bruvva about some communities from the Somali people having a natural inclination to peace and democracy while a certain community is inclined to extreme love of power, violent tribalism, bad politics and complete afrikan red eye style destruction

"Somali Democracy

Somalis earned the title of “Africa’s First Democrats” after Somalia’s founding president, Aden Adde, graciously conceded defeat in the 1967 election. Aden Adde hails from the Hawiye clan, and they have a proven track record of electoral democracy in Somalia.

In 2012, former president Sheikh Sharif Ahmed conducted the first election in the Somali capital since the fall of the state. He lost to Hassan Sheikh Mohamud (HSM) and graciously conceded defeat. In 2017, former president HSM conducted elections and graciously conceded defeat. Both, Sheikh Sharif Ahmed and HSM hail from the Hawiye clan.

The Dir clan also has a proven track record of electoral democracy. Under the auspices of Somaliland, northern Dir has held many elections, all one-person-one-vote, since the fall of the Somali state. Somaliland views itself as a nation-state, while the rest of the world views it as a federal member state of Somalia. In 2003, Somaliland’s former president, Dahir Riyale Kahin, conducted Somaliland’s first one-person-one-vote presidential election. This happened twelve years after Somaliland’s establishment (1991).

By comparison, Puntland has existed for twenty-three years and has yet to hold a one-person, one-vote election.

Albeit, they are currently planning to host one for the first time since their establishment in 1998.

Kahin then conducted parliamentary elections in 2005, followed by another presidential election in 2010. He graciously conceded defeat in 2010, and his successor, Ahmed Mohamed Silanyo, conducted the presidential election in 2017. Silanyo’s successor, Musa Bihi (Somaliland’s current president), recently conducted municipal and parliamentary elections on May 31, 2021. Kahin, Silanyo, and Bihi all hail from the Dir clan.

From a historical analysis of Somali democracy, we can deduce that certain clans are more naturally inclined to democracy. This tradition of democracy is being threatened by Somalia’s current president – who hails from the Darood clan. The Ghost of Siad Bare has come to haunt Somalis. It was Bare’s (also Darood) 1969 coup d’état that derailed the Somali democratic experiment. Overnight, Somalia went from being Africa’s first authentic democratic country to a Marxist military dictatorship. Today, Farmaajo is doing everything in his power to derail Somalia’s new democratic experiment and postpone elections.

The current Prime Minister hails from the Hawiye clan, and he is living up to their democratic traditions"

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Aman Obsiye is more politically unstable than @TekNiKo. He went from supporting Somaliland to being pro-N&N to now becoming an Iririst. The only constant about him is his irrational hatred for Puntland and specifically Majeerteen. Next. :camby:

He’s a great orator and writer but hes unstable. Good too see he’s come over to my side of the fence regarding politics. I even saw him talking about distribution of power by population. He’s ganna be going to town on puntland with some extreme irirism. What a time to be alive 😂😂

bidenkulaha

GalYare
>The current Prime Minister hails from the Hawiye clan, and he is living up to their democratic traditions.

I’m really questioning whether this is sarcasm or not. I think it’s serious? 😂

I’ll take the compliment

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Coincidence Abdi Ismail and Beyle won a senator seat for Gadabursi today, the article was a bit cheeky considering his Dir uncle Guelleh next door is celebrating his 5 time Presidency like Booker T

wrestler-sweating.gif

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Aman Obsiye is more politically unstable than @TekNiKo. He went from supporting Somaliland to being pro-N&N to now becoming an Iririst. The only constant about him is his irrational hatred for Puntland and specifically Majeerteen. Next. :camby:
When did this nigga ever supported SL? everytime i see him he throws shade on SL. And why do these samaroons have fucking weird names. Aman obsiye-abdi nageeye :patrice:

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Its because Darood are the only capable rulers, Hawiye are good fighter class but are terrible at politics.

Afro Asiatic

Afrocanada
Wasn’t this guy a former alcoholic rapper from Dallas Texas, I believe he is now a public defender in minnehopeless. He seems to be mentally unstable as well.

Duchess

VIP
Wasn’t this guy a former alcoholic rapper from Dallas Texas, I believe he is now a public defender in minnehopeless. He seems to be mentally unstable as well.

Like father like son. His father was arrested for a DWI multiple times.

Afro Asiatic

Afrocanada
When did this nigga ever supported SL? everytime i see him he throws shade on SL. And why do these samaroons have fucking weird names. Aman obsiye-abdi nageeye :patrice:
Famous fellow alcohol issaq Twitter troll from Toronto with many bot SL accounts actually outed him a while back ago

Attachments

• 9727D736-2E59-421D-8F40-370225A26453.jpeg
    9727D736-2E59-421D-8F40-370225A26453.jpeg
    868.4 KB · Views: 120

Afro Asiatic

Afrocanada
Like father like son. His father was arrested for a DWI multiple times.
He’s not from Toronto sxb nobody knows where he’s from you just made up that up wallahi
He’s 100 percent from Toronto, he’s also a failed rapper, used to be a bum in Toronto, he now resides in Calgary. His new career is to spew hateful pro SL propaganda on Twitter. He is the owner of several SL bot accounts on Twitter, this is basically his new gig financed by SL govt. So don’t give me that bullshit.

Duchess

VIP
He’s 100 percent from Toronto, he’s also a failed rapper, used to be a bum in Toronto, he now resides in Calgary. His new career is to spew hateful pro SL propaganda on Twitter. He is the owner of several SL bot accounts on Twitter, this is basically his new gig financed by SL govt. So don’t give me that bullshit.

Can you list the accounts?

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
I know who you are talking about and it’s not him :mjlol:

bhlub user is probably from Europe I saw screen once he posted and the timezone is different trust me it’s not that Toronto lander who use to rap I’m from Toronto sxb I would know :lol:

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Let’s be honest, no Somali qabiil really has democratic traditions.

Some of your parents were alive when Somalia first became a democracy, stop acting like it’s some centuries old tradition.

Trending

Latest posts