AMA

Status
Not open for further replies.
What sparked your interests into Somalis?
I read a little on the Adal wars and the Ajuuraan dynasty and decided I wanted to know more, that was about 10 years ago.

When did you start learning Somali history and tribes.
About 10 years ago haha, I still don't know as much as I'd like about the Ajuuraan, one day maybe I'll know enough to write a proper history.

Jaaaames my man, you haven't updated the abtirsi site for a while, what's good?
I just did some updates a couple days ago, someone pointed out a few problems with the Ogaden line.
I'm good man, how are you?

I just did some updates a couple days ago, someone pointed out a few problems with the Ogaden line.

I admire you, James. How do you deal with the spam on the forum of that site? Also as a Ciidagale, another ciidagale requested our dynasty to be labelled on the dynasty page, will you be so kind as to acknowledge us?

Sure, can you let me know the order of Ciidagale sultans? That's one reason I don't have all the dynasties I have lineages for, I don't know the order they're supposed to go in. It's like the Ajuuraan, I probably have all the Ajuuraan Imams in the abtirsi I have, but I don't know who was an Imam and who wasn't and what order they go in.

For a while the images captcha stopped the spammers but they seem to have figured that one out, so I just ban and delete them, doesn't take too long really.

Sure, can you let me know the order of Ciidagale sultans? That's one reason I don't have all the dynasties I have lineages for, I don't know the order they're supposed to go in. It's like the Ajuuraan, I probably have all the Ajuuraan Imams in the abtirsi I have, but I don't know who was an Imam and who wasn't and what order they go in.

For a while the images captcha stopped the spammers but they seem to have figured that one out, so I just ban and delete them, doesn't take too long really.

This is one source (although i'm not too sure how accurate the dates are):

1) Suldaan Guleed Cabdi Ciise 1722 - 1782

2) Suldaan Faraax Suldaan Guleed Cabdi 1782 - 1832

3) Suldaan Hassan Sul. Farah Sul. Guleed 1832 - 1835

Xilli Korintii Suldaan Diiriye 1835 - 1838

4) Sul. Diiriye Sul. Hassan Sul. Farah 1838 - 1942

5) Sul.Abdillahi Sul.Diiriye Sul. Hassan 1942 – 1967

6) Sul.Rashid Sul.Abdillahi Sul. Diiriye 1967 – 1969

7) Sul.Abdikadir Sul. A/llahi Sul. Diiriye 1969 - 1975

8) Sul.Mohamed Sul. A/Qadir

Looks like I didn't have all of them in the DB already, Sultan Diiriye ruling for 104 years seems kind of crazy though, that would be the longest ruling monarch in history.

Looks like I didn't have all of them in the DB already, Sultan Diiriye ruling for 104 years seems kind of crazy though, that would be the longest ruling monarch in history.

James, Sultan rashid is not the father of sultan Abdulqadir, i think they were related

14322496277_38dcf9b8a8_z.jpg

Arabic, Maxay, Osmanya and English are fully functional, my Amharic, Oromo and Maay translations probably need work. Making it multilingual was a fun project :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts