AMA from Puntland

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
I think he is sayin that because he is Majeerteen or he is in Omar Maxamud or osman maxamud

giphy.gif

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
Any interesting, not very well known places you’ve happened to visit?

On a scale of 1-10 how friendly are people?

Is it possible to get by with little to no Somali?

More questions to come ;)

Last edited:
Are there mini vans for lease over there where you can travel from tuulo to tuulo.Enjoy your travels saxib,im sure ur having a splendid time:salute:.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Which cities have you been to? Did you attend Sh mustafe's muxaadaro?
What places have you been so far ?
Yeah I attended Sh Mustafe muxaadaro. Mashallah the turnout was unbelievable. Masjid Al Huda is the largest masjid in Garowe (second biggest is prolly Xaaji Cali) but it was so packed ppl were sitting on ground outside to listen.

I've been to Garoowe, Galkaayo, Xamar, Galdogob, and Galbeed to visit some relatives. Wanted to go Bosaaso first ofc but i cba with the heat kkkk, soon tho inshallah.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Do they make fun of u there haha
Not really tbh they just assume every diaspora is hooyo mataalo. They don't make jokes about your language skills (or lack thereof) to be mean, usually its a conversation starter.

How many foreigners have you seen so far?
A lot actually. There's a small community of Yemenis, Syrians, Pakistanis in Garowe and Xamar too.
what do you eat there
Regular somali food, but some places are better than others. Its always the small lowkey spots that have the most banging food.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Any interesting, not very well known places you’ve happened to visit?

On a scale of 1-10 how friendly are people?

Is it possible to get by with little to no Somali?

More questions to come ;)

I seen Galdogob which isn't a very famous town but the people there seemed friendly and the Puntland govt did a good amount of development there so that was cool.

I would say 8/10. People seem to care about the community quite a lot in Garowe. In Xamar its more of a dog-eat-dog vibe but still nice.

You need a very small basic grasp to get by ie. how to order at a makhayaad, getting a bajaaj, etc.

Yeah I attended Sh Mustafe muxaadaro. Mashallah the turnout was unbelievable. Masjid Al Huda is the largest masjid in Garowe (second biggest is prolly Xaaji Cali) but it was so packed ppl were sitting on ground outside to listen.

I've been to Garoowe, Galkaayo, Xamar, Galdogob, and Galbeed to visit some relatives. Wanted to go Bosaaso first ofc but i cba with the heat kkkk, soon tho inshallah.

Lucky you.

Make sure you go Bosaaso before the summer months. Now THAT is what I call heat.

I went there in July a few years back and the first few days were tough due to the weather. Loved the city though and I can't wait to go back.

Trending