Am I the only one...

Chun Li

under construction 😈💖
Who finds it so disrespectful to watch a video of a sheikh/dawah man telling people to turn back to the deen with a dead body next to them, that came straight out of the fridge?? I find it out of pocket. That body, that was once a person, wouldn’t want to be used as an example whether or not they were on deen. It’s just as gross as someone trolling the dead at the graveyard...

What do you guys think?

Chun Li

under construction 😈💖
I have a younger sister and older siblings why 👀

So imagine you’re on your Twitter timeline & see a sheikh/dawah man talking about Islam, with a dead body next to them. You agree with the message, only to find out later that it was one of your siblings’ body. How would you feel about that?

So imagine you’re on your Twitter timeline & see a sheikh/dawah man talking about Islam, with a dead body next to them. You agree with the message, only to find out later that it was one of your siblings’ body. How would you feel about that?
I don’t know wallahi... I don’t agree with it but it depends on how he’s saying it and his intentions

its disrespectful to show a died body , a question that pops into my head is " how did you have the strength to ask that died person family to video tape the corpse?" that must be really hard on the family because that video will always be out there on the internet . re living trauma and all.
also why cant the sheikh just talk about death without showing the body .. just speaking on it only is hella scary

Chun Li

under construction 😈💖
its disrespectful to show a died body , a question that pops into my head is " how did you have the strength to ask that died person family to video tape the corpse?" that must be really hard on the family because that video will always be out there on the internet . re living trauma and all.
also why cant the sheikh just talk about death without showing the body .. just speaking on it only is hella scary

That’s exactly what I’m saying. They can be so insensitive, but then say it’s for the greater good. Personally, if a person won’t change their behaviours that God prohibited, then a dead body won’t change that. People are desensitised, it’s simply a body to them

That’s exactly what I’m saying. They can be so insensitive, but then say it’s for the greater good. Personally, if a person won’t change their behaviours that God prohibited, then a dead body won’t change that. People are desensitised, it’s simply a body to them

i feel like they just wanted a shock factor , "how can i up it a notch" .. and your right people are desensitized but the families will always have a digital reminder

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
I attended a prayer for a family member (in-law) that passed 2 years ago. She was only 19 (AUN) and during the preaching segment the sheikh was talking about how people should wear hijab, punishment and warnings related to that while her janazah was still there in the presence of her close family. Wallahi it didn’t sit well with me, it felt really insensitive especially saying that in the presence of grieving family. Idk if it’s a lack of awareness but there’s a time and place for everything.

I attended a prayer for a family member (in-law) that passed 2 years ago. She was only 19 (AUN) and during the preaching segment the sheikh was talking about how people should wear hijab, punishment and warnings related to that while her janazah was still there in the presence of her close family. Wallahi it didn’t sit well with me, it felt really insensitive especially saying that in the presence of grieving family. Idk if it’s a lack of awareness but there’s a time and place for everything.

im so sorry sis
your right time and place but some ppl have no filter

Chun Li

under construction 😈💖

They know what they’re doing. I think they like to get a reaction out of the families... They know damn well if that was their daughter, they wouldn’t tolerate that!!

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte 💪🏾🇸🇴
Kulu nafso daa'iqatul mood

We shall all return to our creator. Death will always be inevitable. You're more concerned about a corpse when you should be remembering your final destination and asking for forgiveness. I'm not all the way religious , but common sense goes a long way :mjdontkno:

Last edited:

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Ive been to few janazah where the imam is preaching about how we must turn to islam

And ive been to a few where after the prayer the imam said a few words to the family and if they need any grievance support where they can reach him In my opinion the latter is better its more kind and respectful also a funeral im sure just attending one will remind people that they
shouldn't take life for granted

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
They know what they’re doing. I think they like to get a reaction out of the families... They know damn well if that was their daughter, they wouldn’t tolerate that!!
I wanna give them benefit of doubt, maybe a lack of sensitivity. It honestly comes off very cold. I wish more people would call out these types of sheikhs

Chun Li

under construction 😈💖
Kulu nafso daa'iqatul mood

We shall all return to our creator. Death will always inevitable. You're more concerned about a corpse when you should be remembering your final destination and asking for forgiveness. I'm not all the way religious , but common sense goes a long way :mjdontkno:

So you wouldn’t mind if your body was being used as an example?

Trending

Latest posts