Am I the only one who feels this way?

I’m not sure so want a child because of selfish reason.

I’ll be honest, I enjoy only being responsible for myself, only thinking for myself, functioning on my own schedule and I don’t think I am willing to sacrifice all these things.

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
A kid is a small version of you that poop scream eat and sleep then it helps u when u age

Shogun

Waa anaga orodneey, nabad doonaney
I feel the same way about having a wife and children. I want both, but at the same time I enjoy the true independence. It's pretty scary to think that both are a life commitment.

You just have to break out of the Peter Pan syndrome and accept that the future stages in your life will be better with a family to look after.

Joliemademoiselle

A pious muslima.
please don't have kids or marry if you are not ready. learn the deen and be a better man. for no other than yourself first.
wife and kids are responsibilities, you will be asked about in the hereafter. don't take a burden you can't handle.

Honestly, I prefer your approach to life as you're pretty aware of your shortcomings and what is expected of you. With marriage, my advise is take your time. Marry when you feel you are responsible enough to handle the responsibilities expected of a good husband and father. Remember as a man, you're the pillar of your family, the rock they lean on for protection, provision and guidance.

Too many men in our community marry despite not being fit for the role or even have the inclination to want to become better husbands and fathers.

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
Good you are self aware and thinking about this. Better this than rushing into family life when you know you don’t want it.

That said I think there might come a point when all your peers are married with kids and don’t have time to hang out with you. So unless you’re an extreme introvert who is happy to be completely alone, this freedom may lose its sweetness in a few years time.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I’m not sure so want a child because of selfish reason.

I’ll be honest, I enjoy only being responsible for myself, only thinking for myself, functioning on my own schedule and I don’t think I am willing to sacrifice all these things.

Then do not have a child. Period. If you do, u r not the first one to have selfish reasons to have a child. Almost every parent has a selfish reason to have a child. But the ultimate good selfishness is to take care of yourself, knowing full well, u cannot take care of another life.

Trending