Am I selfish for wanting to settle down with a partner whose a decade younger?

Is it selfish to court younger partners after establsihing a stable career?

• yes

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • no

Votes: 33 80.5%

• Total voters
The value of a man in the Somali community is placed on his earning potential. Maybe at a grand age of 30 I might decide to settle down. At 30 I would have finished my studies, had all my fun and started budding in my career. The options would be endless for me both inside the Somali community and out of it. The options would quadruple if I set foot in Horn of Africa. since I already have 2 western passports and an Ethiopian one.

It is not selfish to look for the best product on the market.

Cartman

reformed
If you’re just looking for age as the top criteria, you’re going to have a hard time. What do you expect in a partner? A baby maker, or a best friend? That’s going to be a hard age gap.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Nothing wrong with age-related preferences. Since women more than often favour older and more financially successful men anyway (if given the option).

As for calling women 'products' I'll just ignore that oversight. I haven't the energy to protest.

If you’re just looking for age as the top criteria, you’re going to have a hard time. What do you expect in a partner? A baby maker, or a best friend? That’s going to be a hard age gap.
I could even find a much younger mate with the things I bring to table. Some Western born Somali women in Canada gave up on education and are just searching for a guy with just a degree/trade qualification and stable job. They don't even have a lot of requirements since they are content with that. The options are even endless back home.

A large much younger Gala canada female population is here too. I have seen some during my Uni days and the ones from Kenya seem to be already excelling in the work force. They are another group here that are cultured and seem to adhere to cultural gender norms.

Last edited:

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
As long as you and your wife are happy then it is not crazy imo.

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
1589827806788.gif

Ignoring that, it depends on what you’re looking for. Do you want a partner for life who’s on the same level as you intellectually or are you looking for someone to fulfil your most basic needs. I’m sure both parties have a lot to gain with such an arrangement :zhqjlmx:

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
reality though, people mature different, if you are compatible it can work.

Right, there is many things to consider before adding a wife.
I'm writing this as a general example for public reading (not for OP)

Mainly principles and maturity.
Even if both marry, doesn't mean they got to know eachother intimately enough to be happily married.

She might be worried about education and hanging out with friends turning up to loud music, she might not want a serious relationship but rather comfort in a cash cow.

He may not want to deal with her foolishness despite it's cutsieness but rather would like her to fulfill homely duties while he makes money to provide. He is charmed by her looks but now expects more out of her that she wasn't prepared for.

Which goes to show = regardless of age, people should be first and foremost mentally agreeable.
On equal terms passed initial attraction.

Because too many young woman marry a well to due man who is rich enough to comfort her needs but treats her like crap subjecting them to abuse.
In honest hands, you'd never know. Maybe rightful love falls in place.

But in my opinion OP is mad suspect just being a Xabeshithead Pervert.

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
The value of a man in the Somali community is placed on his earning potential. Maybe at a grand age of 30 I might decide to settle down. At 30 I would have finished my studies, had all my fun and started budding in my career. The options would be endless for me both inside the Somali community and out of it. The options would quadruple if I set foot in Horn of Africa. since I already have 2 western passports and an Ethiopian one.

nope its just a preference some niggas like them young and some like them old