Am i an asshole or is my friend just melodramatic?

So today we're just chatting and my friend narrates to us how his grandpa died. He tells us while on his deathbed the whole family was with him and as he was saying his last words the candles kept flickering and as soon as the candle flames went off his grandpa breathed his last and they all took this as an indication their grandpa went to heaven. The whole thing didn't make sense to me , i was both trying to be funny and raising a genuine question so i said;

"bro I don't think you pass through fire to go to heaven, I believe your grandpa went to hell man"

most of the boys laughed out loud but the friend in question didn't see how it was funny and he took it to heart, I apologised severely but I think I lost a friend today Lol

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
So today we're just chatting and my friend narrates to us how his grandpa died. He tells us while on his deathbed the whole family was with him and as he was saying his last words the candles kept flickering and as soon as the candle flames went off his grandpa breathed his last and they all took this as an indication their grandpa went to heaven. The whole thing didn't make sense to me , i was both trying to be funny and raising a genuine question so i said;

"bro I don't think you pass through fire to go to heaven, I believe your grandpa went to hell man"

most of the boys laughed out loud but the friend in question didn't see how it was funny and he took it to heart, I apologised severely but I think I lost a friend today Lol
Ka xaabxabi

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
Asshole move. You wouldn't say that to a friend if you're mocking his dead relative:kanyehmm:

Just to get attention for a few seconds at what cost.:mindblown:

Octavian

Hmm
VIP

Funny but rude

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Asshole move. You wouldn't say that to a friend if you're mocking his dead relative:kanyehmm:

Just to get attention for a few seconds at what cost.:mindblown:
Why do people think making jokes is for attention? Sometimes I wanna laugh.

But yeah he was definitely wrong for that. The laugh better have been worth it

You lack empathy. Your friend didn’t need an opinion but comfort. It’s not even an « opinion » you actually tried to make fun of him. He needs to find a new group of friends ( if this story is true).

You lack empathy. Your friend didn’t need an opinion but comfort. It’s not even an « opinion » you actually tried to make fun of him. He needs to find a new group of friends ( if this story is true).
Calacal.com his grandpa died years and to be honest the guy just lacks humour

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
Why do people think making jokes is for attention? Sometimes I wanna laugh.

But yeah he was definitely wrong for that. The laugh better have been worth it
To gain laughter out of someone but this was dark af fam.

Trending