"Alone in an Elevator with the opposite gender"

Luciddreamer

Certified bakhti
giphy.gif

-3 ajar points is nothing

I respectfully disagree with the sheikh. Can he not control himself and lower his gaze? Also, not everything is meant to be interpreted literally. The Shaydan is a 3rd companion hadith is meant for cases leading to zina, not some random stranger in the same elevator as you for a few seconds or unavoidable situations similar.

Women and men will always be in mix situations regardless, even if you're the most pious person, you're going to have some mix with the opposite gender and you can't avoid. Many of us go to work and have lives, why should we get out the elevator or other places?

My advise to every Muslim would be to lower your gaze and control your self

I respectfully disagree with the sheikh. Can he not control himself and lower his gaze? Also, not everything is meant to be interpreted literally. The Shaydan is a 3rd companion hadith is meant for cases leading to zina, not some random stranger in the same elevator as you for a few seconds or unavoidable situations similar.

Women and men will always be in mix situations regardless, even if you're the most pious person, you're going to have some mix with the opposite gender and you can't avoid. Many of us go to work and have lives, why should we get out the elevator or other places?

"The scholars (may Allah have mercy on them) are unanimously agreed that it is haram (impermissible) to be alone with a non-mahram (a woman whom one is allowed to marry according to Islamic law) woman (khalwah), because of the saheeh hadeeth (authentic narration): “No man should be alone with a woman unless there is a mahram (male relative whom she could never marry) with her.” Narrated by al-Bukhari, 5233; Muslim, 1341."

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/175176/khalwah-if-another-woman-is-present

The fact is that it is haraam to be alone with opposite sex (unless it's your wife or certain close relatives).

I am sure you know that I am not against you personally. I am against your line of argumentation here, however.

I think your line of argumentation is using sleight of hand.

The issue is being alone with non-mahram. You switch it to mixing.

The issue is not mixing. You can be in an elevator with two women. But it is haraam to be in an elevator alone with the opposite sex (besides the aforementioned exceptions).

Getting out of the elevator is easy.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) didn't say "lower your gaze if you're alone with a woman". He instructed us to not be alone with the opposite sex. It is haraam whether we lower our gaze or not. Whether we commit zina or not is not necessarily important. We have to obey Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

If we eat pork or drink alcohol or commit zina but say "bismillah" first that doesn't make it halal.

what may happen is some woman might get offended....

but that can happen if you refuse to shake hands with a woman as well

so should we shake hands with woman as well?

it may be difficult to follow some things but I think it is to be expected

Anas ibn Malik reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “A time of patience will come to people in which adhering to one’s religion is like grasping a hot coal.”

Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 2260

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Albani

https://abuaminaelias.com/dailyhadithonline/2015/07/23/islam-holding-hot-coal/

but honestly I think this is a very easy thing.... I think this is much easier compared to some other tests

Toriye

Sheekhaagu waa kuma?

We don't get to use our own logic to cherry-pick what we want to agree with and follow. We either follow the religion and all its teachings or we don't.

This is why Muslim countries are so backwards lmao. I swear as long as Somalis follow these barbaric Arabs and their primitive religion, we will never prosper.

We don't get to use our own logic to cherry-pick what we want to agree with and follow. We either follow the religion and all its teachings or we don't.
Arabs cucked you so hard you can't even trust your own logic lol. Lax caadi ah

Toriye

Sheekhaagu waa kuma?
This is why Muslim countries are so backwards lmao. I swear as long as Somalis follow these barbaric Arabs and their primitive religion, we will never prosper.

Arabs cucked you so hard you can't even trust your own logic lol. Lax caadi ah
Why would I trust my own logic over the religion anoo bilaadan xun ah? The west waay kula tageen sxb. Ayar dadkaaga iyo dhaqan kaaga u soo noqo

Somali waa carab sxb ciyaarta jooji. :kodaksmiley:

Trending

Latest posts