Alleged ''Apewoman'' Zana from Abkhazia (1800s) was a human with Werewolf syndrome from SE Africa

Apollo

VIP
Weird ass story and recent study:

Abstract

Enigmatic phenomena have sparked the imagination of people around the globe into creating folkloric creatures. One prime example is Zana of Abkhazia (South Caucasus), a well-documented 19th century female who was captured living wild in the forest. Zana's appearance was sufficiently unusual, that she was referred to by locals as an Almasty—the analog of Bigfoot in the Caucasus. Although the exact location of Zana's burial site was unknown, the grave of her son, Khwit, was identified in 1971. The genomes of Khwit and the alleged Zana skeleton were sequenced to an average depth of ca. 3× using ancient DNA techniques. The identical mtDNA and parent-offspring relationship between the two indicated that the unknown woman was indeed Zana. Population genomic analyses demonstrated that Zana's immediate genetic ancestry can likely be traced to present-day East-African populations. We speculate that Zana might have had a genetic disorder such as congenital generalized hypertrichosis which could partially explain her strange behavior, lack of speech, and long body hair. Our findings elucidate Zana's unfortunate story and provide a clear example of how prejudices of the time led to notions of cryptic hominids that are still held and transmitted by some today.

ggn210051-fig-0002-m.png

ggn210051-fig-0003-m.png

ggn210051-fig-0004-m.png

:dwill::wow1::faysalwtf::mindblown:

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
i didn't even think this was possible, are they even human ?:williamswtf:

800px-Krao_by_Downey-crop.jpg

what the hell is this thing acudubillah:urgh::urgh::urgh::urgh:

Weird ass story and recent study:

Abstract

Enigmatic phenomena have sparked the imagination of people around the globe into creating folkloric creatures. One prime example is Zana of Abkhazia (South Caucasus), a well-documented 19th century female who was captured living wild in the forest. Zana's appearance was sufficiently unusual, that she was referred to by locals as an Almasty—the analog of Bigfoot in the Caucasus. Although the exact location of Zana's burial site was unknown, the grave of her son, Khwit, was identified in 1971. The genomes of Khwit and the alleged Zana skeleton were sequenced to an average depth of ca. 3× using ancient DNA techniques. The identical mtDNA and parent-offspring relationship between the two indicated that the unknown woman was indeed Zana. Population genomic analyses demonstrated that Zana's immediate genetic ancestry can likely be traced to present-day East-African populations. We speculate that Zana might have had a genetic disorder such as congenital generalized hypertrichosis which could partially explain her strange behavior, lack of speech, and long body hair. Our findings elucidate Zana's unfortunate story and provide a clear example of how prejudices of the time led to notions of cryptic hominids that are still held and transmitted by some today.

ggn210051-fig-0002-m.png

ggn210051-fig-0003-m.png

ggn210051-fig-0004-m.png

:dwill::wow1::faysalwtf::mindblown:

Say-Wallahi.jpg

"East African"? Oh God, why?

Why on earth is she closely positioned to Dinka on that chart?:jcoleno:

We're undoubtedly the most hairless people in the continent (if not the world) so this is shocking.

Apollo

VIP
"East African"? Oh God, why?

Why on earth is she closely positioned to Dinka on that chart?:jcoleno:

We're undoubtedly the most hairless people in the continent (if not the world) so this is shocking.

Sometimes the Luhya type of Southwest Kenyan Bantus overlap with Dinkas on global charts, but not on intra-African charts. Sort of like how New World Mulattos overlap with Habeshas on global charts, but not on more detailed intra-African charts.

Anyhow, that woman had a rare disease. It had nothing to do with her ethnicity. That disease exists in all populations at very low percentages.

I found it to be a weird ass story (hairy woman from Africa living in the mountain forests of the Caucasus), quite odd.

Sometimes the Luhya type of Southwest Kenyan Bantus overlap with Dinkas on global charts, but not on intra-African charts. Sort of like how New World Mulattos overlap with Habeshas on global charts, but not on more detailed intra-African charts.

Anyhow, that woman had a rare disease. It had nothing to do with her ethnicity. That disease exists in all populations at very low percentages.

I found it to be a weird ass story (hairy woman from Africa living in the mountain forests of the Caucasus), quite odd.

I'm just having a little fun, mate.

That disease quite literally turns people into a Sasquatch.

I am also a bit shocked how far the African Indian Ocean slave trade got into Asia. Thought it was only the Gulf, but it got as far as the Caucasus/Southern Russia.

Also seen some Hazara genetic results from Northern Afghanistan where a few of them carried Central African paternal haplogroup B.

It's genuinely frustrating learning about the scope of the African slave trade.

I'm just glad that my Nilotic people fought back and didn't just passively allow themselves to be treated like chattel.

Trending