All Somali's Must Get The Vaccine Now!

The Study: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/eclinm/article/PIIS2589-5370(21)00324-2/fulltext
1628587288116.png

We Somalis can't afford any further drops in our cognitive ability :jcoleno:

Apollo

VIP
Sounds like bullshit to me. IQ tests aren't static, they depend on your mood and alertness. People who are stressed out can score lower while when they feel better it will go back up.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
The 68 IQ is the biggest myth of all time, no samples were taken and was published by ajnabis. To this day Somalis still spout a myth perpetuated by ajnabis and has now become a part of self-deprecating humour/FKD.

Another example of Somali orientalism (shameless thread plug lol).

Last edited:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
The 68 IQ is the biggest myth of all time, no samples were taken and was published by ajnabis. To this day Somalis still spout a myth perpetuated by ajnabis and has now become a part of self-deprecating humour.

Another example of Somali orientalism (shameless thread plug lol).

Yep:

The most annoying thing about that IQ thing is that it's a flat-out lie. It's from the known racist and charlatan Richard Lynn's original paper where they were shown to have fabricated the results of many countries to suit their agenda while pretty much ignoring the Flynn Effect which shows that, as countries industrialize, their average IQ rises to the level of current industrialized countries which, for example, explains the variability of Chines IQ since the 1980s.

You know what they did with Somalia? They tested one malnourished Ethiopian village with a supposed IQ of 64 then just assumed Somalia was at some sort of average between that single Ethiopian village and another neighboring country like Kenya where they again just used one small, biased sample. They never even tested any Somalis.

These people deserve to lynched for insulting and dehumanizing entire peoples like this. Human garbage. And shame on any self-hating Somali who ever quoted this crap and didn't do their homework.

Somali self-hatred is something else.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
The most annoying thing about that IQ thing is that it's a flat-out lie. It's from the known racist and charlatan Richard Lynn's original paper where they were shown to have fabricated the results of many countries to suit their agenda while pretty much ignoring the Flynn Effect which shows that, as countries industrialize, their average IQ rises to the level of current industrialized countries which, for example, explains the variability of Chines IQ since the 1980s.

You know what they did with Somalia? They tested one malnourished Ethiopian village with a supposed IQ of 64 then just assumed Somalia was at some sort of average between that single Ethiopian village and another neighboring country like Kenya where they again just used one small, biased sample. They never even tested any Somalis.

This is why Somalis need to take control of their narrative.

When people look at IQ studies on Somalis, they will use this study by an infamous racist in which no Somalis were tested. If people are going to cite IQ studies on Somali people, it should be studies done by Somalis not cadaans with an ulterior agenda.

This is exactly why I recommend Somalis to look into post-colonial studies.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Sounds like bullshit to me. IQ tests aren't static, they depend on your mood and alertness. People who are stressed out can score lower while when they feel better it will go back up.
how tf can they accurately determine a 7 point difference?

And you’re right, cognitive abilities have many different factors and IQ itself isn’t even objective. I can do 10 different IQ tests and none of them will be the same.

What’s also weird is when did they take the “before” IQ test? Did they take an IQ test then purposely infect them with covid and then check again?

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
ngl I’ve noticed my chess skills got worse ever since I caught covid. I may have dropped to 61 :mjcry:

Trending

Latest posts