All Jews in Yemen were going to be exiled to Saylac, Somalia in the 17th century

World

VIP

The original plan was to send them to Saylac, Somalia:

“The king's words led to no small consternation amongst his Jewish subjects in Yemen, who immediately declared a time of public fasting and prayer, which they did both by night and day. Their plight soon became known to the local Yemeni tribesmen, whose chiefs and principal men pitied their condition and intervened on their behalf. They came before the king and enquired concerning the decree, and insisted that the Jews had been loyal to their king and had not offended the Arab peoples, neither had they done anything worthy of death, but should only be punished a little for their "obduracy" in what concerns the religion of Islam. The king, agreeing to their counsel, chose not to kill his Jewish subjects, but decided to banish them from his kingdom. They were to be sent to Zeilaʻ, a place along the African coast of the Red Sea, where they would be confined for life, or else repent and accept the tenets of Islam.”

But on the journey towards sending them to Saylac, the local Yemeni chiefs pleaded to send them to a barren coastal town:

“Meanwhile, while columns of men, women and children were advancing by foot southward with only bare essentials, along the road leading from Sana'a to Dhamar, Yarim, 'Ibb and Ta'izz, the chiefs of the indigenous Sabaean tribes who had been the patrons of the Jews came together once again and petitioned the king, al-Mahdi, this time requesting that the king rescind his order to expel all Jews unto the Red Sea outpost of Zeila', but to be content with their banishment to the Tihama coastal town of Mawza', a town about 29 kilometres (18 mi) from Mocha, as the crow flies.”

Imagine if they didn’t petition the Yemeni king, we would have half a million yahuuds living in Waqooyi. :dwill:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Hmm I wonder if we would fare better than the Palestinians, or would we be throwing rocks at Jewish troops in Mogadishu.
You think Yemeni Jews would conquer Somalia? Without European and other Asiatic Jews also tahribing to Somalia and western powers supporting them they'd probably have been deported pretty quick once the Somali republic was fully established if not massacred into leaving long before that by local Sultans and tribesmen.

World

VIP
You think Yemeni Jews would conquer Somalia? Without European and other Asiatic Jews also tahribing to Somalia and western powers supporting them they'd probably have been deported pretty quick once the Somali republic was fully established if not massacred into leaving long before that by local Sultans and tribesmen.
Why would they be massacred? I think they would have been welcomed. They have a lot of skills and expertise that the sultans would like. And they would pay a lot of taxes.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Why would they be massacred? I think they would have been welcomed. They have a lot of skills and expertise that the sultans would like. And they would pay a lot of taxes.
I meant if they seriously tried to dominate and settle all of Somaliweyn or even a town like Saylac. Would be curtains and I really wouldn't put it beyond Somalis to at least want to deport them, especially if history otherwise stayed the same and Israel was formed as it is.

World

VIP
I meant if they seriously tried to dominate and settle all of Somaliweyn or even a town like Saylac. Would be curtains and I really wouldn't put it beyond Somalis to at least want to deport them, especially if history otherwise stayed the same and Israel was formed as it is.
Jews are not like that. They would be craftsmen, merchants, doing Jew things to make money.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Jews are not like that. They would be craftsmen, merchants, doing Jew things to make money.
:birdman: would they make me one of these pretty Arab sanduuqs:

2008_CSK_05438_0119_000(045916).jpg

?

But with the British take over of Somaliland they might try to Palestine the place. They were already considering uganda.