Aljazeera spreading lies, Omanis claiming to rule all of Somalia

35439535-5DCE-4796-8BB9-C2B66ECCA831.jpeg

Al Muslim

الموت لامريكا الموت لإسرائيل
I highly doubt they are trying to intentionally spread misinformation. Many people wrongly think that Oman held the Somali coast because Oman claimed these areas but did not have any actual control. They never conquered us but for some reason this blatantly wrong history is still around.

Also it's a rough map so they might be saying those areas in east Africa were under Omani influence rather than direct control which I don't think is true either.

Doesn't say all of Somalia, just the east coast. Ottomans ruled the northwestern coast of Somalia.

Omanis did directly rule the port towns from banadir to the kenya border until the sold their rights to the territory to Italian colonialists. In the northern part of the coast Boqor Osman worked under the Omani.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
I highly doubt they are trying to intentionally spread misinformation. Many people wrongly think that Oman held the Somali coast because Oman claimed these areas but did not have any actual control. They never conquered us but for some reason this blatantly wrong history is still around.

Also it's a rough map so they might be saying those areas in east Africa were under Omani influence rather than direct control which I don't think is true either.
Doesn't say all of Somalia, just the east coast. Ottomans ruled the northwestern coast of Somalia.

Omanis did directly rule the port towns from banadir to the kenya border until the sold their rights to the territory to Italian colonialists. In the northern part of the coast Boqor Osman worked under the Omani.
Boqor Cismaan working under Omani?
:drakekidding:
The Majeerteen coast was the only Somali coast free of colonization by other third world countries that were soon colonized by Europeans themselves.
Jdjdjdjfb.jpg

We were fighting Zanzibar for Warhsheikh for crying out loud.
Eiiddjjf.jpg

:heh:

No doubt if Oman and Somalia joined and became one country it would be extremely beneficial for both nations. Both have small populations. Oman is by far the most neutral non problematic country in all of MENA.

The Majeerteen coast was the only Somali coast free of colonization by other third world countries that were soon colonized by Europeans themselves.
View attachment 136888
View attachment 136889
Didn't say majeerteenia was colonized by smelly Arabs. There was nothing to colonize anyways Omani empire was thalassocracy, there was no major ports in that area and it's a desert country with little resources. Unlike the banadir/swahili coast.

I said the Boqortoyo worked under the Omani which they did transporting bantu slaves to asia (and puntland) and other goods.

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"

I don't wanna Qashin you but that's
tenor-1.gif

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Didn't say majeerteenia was colonized by smelly Arabs. There was nothing to colonize anyways Omani empire was thalassocracy, there was no major ports in that area and it's a desert country with little resources. Unlike the banadir/swahili coast.

I said the Boqortoyo worked under the Omani which they did transporting bantu slaves to asia (and puntland) and other goods.
Trading slaves means he worked under the Omanis?
:mindblown:

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
View attachment 136888
View attachment 136889
So if Majertein Sultanate was forcing the Omanis to cede and relinquish Warsheikh and that area then We Wuz imamates and Sheeiitttt was H.utu fantasies!:ohdamn::ohdamn:.

War these people are Cucks wallahi o Billahi. They only seize up Somalis cuz they know we won't humiliate them :faysalwtf:.

Damn where's Ajuran when you need them:wow:

Last edited:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Yes, the slaves were Omani property and the Boqortoyo was paid a fee for the service.

It wasn't just slaves, they also provided soldiers for Oman and transported other goods.
You're talking out of your ass. Bring sources for your fan fiction or shut up.

Trending