Alexander Dugin on Nationalism (Putin's Philosopher)

Putin is a secretive guy. The guy has two offices that look exactly like each other in order to not let people know where he is at an given time. You think a guy like that would tell the world which philosophers he listens to? Of course he wouldn't.

From all the contemporary philosophers out there, Dugin explains Russia's and Putin's geopolitical behavior the most.

There is no need to overcomplicate things when it is so blatantly obvious what the philosophical influence on Putin is. It is not just Dugin, but guys similar to Dugin as well.

Racial versions of nationalism are banned, but inclusive Russian nationalism (pro Russkiy Mir) isn't banned. Dugin is also no longer a national bolshevist, he has abandoned that.

His current ideology is a weird mixture of Traditionalism, anti-modernism, post-modernism, Russian Imperialism, etc. Besides his own name for this ideology "The Fourth Political Theory" there is no accurate description of what it is.
Let's say he did not have any direct influence on Putin or the political establishment. I don't see the difference with how Western political thinkers influence the political landscape very much so cascades into discourses that in one way or another lead to practical political-philosophical regimes.

Aleksandr Dugin exists in the same broader Russian box just like how all the Western political action, no matter the internal disagreement, derives from the same civil region but has an even narrower landscape in the practical political discourse.

The same process is applicable to Russian ideology and political process. And I will go far as say, the historical-political reality of Russian foreign relations has influenced this distinction, of course, added on the unique demographic, geographic and historical aspects that surely create distinct ways, agglomeration of thought that is dissimilar to what the US has.

Possibly not as separate as China, but still not the same as America, and due to Russias trajectory, they will further create a distance on this matter. That's why I was not surprised about this Dugin ideological presentation, despite never thinking that hard about it.

People in the West who lack this insight will always have these silly expectations of what will happen to Russia because they project their center as a universal commonality. The same can be said about how they view China. This kind of thinking creates constant invalid predictions.

Katie Couric: "So which newspapers do you read?"
Sarah Palin: "I read all of them."
Katie Couric: "Yeah but um... which ones specifically?"
Sarah Palin: "um... I read all of them"

"Dugin is Putin's philosopher" theorists: "Dugin has a massive influence on Kremlin policy"
Omar Del Sur: "Um... what specific Kremlin policies were influenced by Dugin"
"Putin's Philosopher" theorists: "Putin has a big influence on Kremlin policy"

Face it- "Dugin's philosopher" theorists- you are doing Sarah Palin. You have the lost the debate. @World has won the debate.

giphy.gif

It is now time for you to admit your unconditional surrender. "Dugin is a Russian nationalist who is anti-the-West and... *le gasp* Putin is a Russian nationalist who is anti-the-West!" will not save you. Your victory condition is clear- you must give specific examples of Dugin influencing Russian policy. You claim he influences Russian policy, have not given one specific example and if you could you would have by now.

The West Overestimates Aleksandr Dugin’s Influence in Russia​

given that no one who is pushing the "Putin's philosopher" theory can give any actual evidence, I think the article is telling the truth.

Apollo

VIP
@World @Omar del Sur @The alchemist

^ Providence Magazine is an American Protestant/Theological magazine/thinktank. They are not neutral and have a pro-American/West bias.

The rise of fake news and propaganda in the last few years has made me always look into the ideological leanings of a publisher before taking their opinions seriously.

Show me a Russian, Central Asian, or Chinese publisher stating such things. Liberal outcast media from those countries don't count, mainstream publishers in Russia, Central Asia, or China.

Broke: Dugin has zero influence on Russia's geopolitics or its elites. He is a fringe thinker nobody in Russia takes seriously. The West vastly overestimates him.

Woke: Dugin is Putin's Rasputin. Dugin secretly meets with Putin and he gives him personal advice..

Bespoke: Dugin while not directly influencing the Kremlin or Putin nevertheless represents political ideas and patterns of thinking common in the Kremlin and among the geopolitical & military elite of Russia.

@World @Omar del Sur @The alchemist

^ Providence Magazine is an American Protestant/Theological magazine/thinktank. They are not neutral and have a pro-American/West bias.

The rise of fake news and propaganda in the last few years has made me always look into the ideological leanings of a publisher before taking their opinions seriously.

Show me a Russian, Central Asian, or Chinese publisher stating such things. Liberal outcast media from those countries don't count, mainstream publishers in Russia, Central Asia, or China.

Broke: Dugin has zero influence on Russia's geopolitics or its elites. He is a fringe thinker nobody in Russia takes seriously. The West vastly overestimates him.

Woke: Dugin is Putin's Rasputin. Dugin secretly meets with Putin and he gives him personal advice..

Bespoke: Dugin while not directly influencing the Kremlin or Putin nevertheless represents political ideas and patterns of thinking common in the Kremlin and among the geopolitical & military elite of Russia.

Where is the evidence? Please skip everything else and get to the evidence.

found a way pretend to disagree with everyone:gaasdrink:Putin is an imperialist

Dugin imperialist as well

How we know Putin influnced Dugin. Dugin left national bolshevism

Dugin avowed imperialist of the Putin variety

Trending