Alcoholism in the Somali community.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Low IQ and alcohol don't go together.

Can't these people just get drunk at home where they don't turn into a menace to society?

The worst is, they get drunk, and then come to the somali mall to buy Somali bariss and baasto

halwa

✨🌙
Frankly I am surprised Aussie is not drinking alcohol. He strikes me as the type. So is jamaal9 & Rkelly
I’m surprised by it too! I don’t buy the fact that he said he doesn’t drink or eat pork. He has two pet dogs, which is quite ironic.

@halwa

A vegemite sandwich with a can of Fosters? Yum.

No, I went out on Saturday night to see a local hip-hop band and the place was packed. What caught my eye was the large amount of Somalis who were so drunk and a group of them were thrown out from the venue after becoming too aggressive towards the staff at the bar. Mind you there were other African ethnicities like Ethiopians, Eritreans, Oromo and others at the event who weren't drinking or drinking very moderately. After the band finished, two drunk Somali girls started fighting. Why do they drink too excessively?

@kickz

Yes, some of them were dad nolasha ka dhacay and some of them were university students.

That’s a question you would be better suited to answer, don’t you think? :susp:

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I’m surprised by it too! I don’t buy the fact that he said he doesn’t drink or eat pork. He has two pet dogs, which is quite ironic.

Aussie is soft. Maybe he drinks in moderation. Like Wine instead of crass beer or hard liquor.

@halwa

Let's ask @Jaydaan , I heard he is the binge drinking champion of U.K. Imagine beating all those Scots and Irish alcoholics. A Statue should be erected for him in Garowe.

Jokes aside, do you have any close relatives who are alcoholics?

Aussie is soft. Maybe he drinks in moderation. Like Wine instead of crass beer or hard liquor.

@Basra

I tried Beer in grade 10, I drank a bottle, vomited and became very sick. Never again. But I dabbled with party drugs during my college years for rave parties. I'm clean now. How about you?

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
@Basra

I tried Beer in grade 10, I drank a bottle, vomited and became very sick. Never again. But I dabbled with party drugs during my college years for rave parties. I'm clean now. How about you?

I Knew u were soft. Beer does not work with your feeble body.

I never drunk any alcohol in my life. Alhamdhulilaah. In fact, the smell of it, makes me want to puke. My friends tried to seduce me to drink but sorry, my nature couple with my highly intelligent brain just is allergic to it. Thank Allaah swt

I Knew u were soft. Beer does not work with your feeble body.

I never drunk any alcohol in my life. Alhamdhulilaah. In fact, the smell of it, makes me want to puke. My friends tried to seduce me to drink but sorry, my nature couple with my highly intelligent brain just is allergic to it. Thank Allaah swt

@Basra

How about your former husbands and boyfriends?

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
@Basra

How about your former husbands and boyfriends?

My MX husbands drinks sometimes. But I asked for divorce because of this. I told him I dont need to know about it. I can sense alcohol from 2 miles from me. My nose and senses are very fine developed

My MX husbands drinks sometimes. But I asked for divorce because of this. I told him I dont need to know about it. I can sense alcohol from 2 miles from me. My nose and senses are very fine developed

@Basra

Husbands?

You said he was also an illiterate who can't write and read, does he drink too? Where did you two find one another? Was he your fourth husband when your attitude was anyone with a cubeed? Desperate times require desperate solutions.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
@Basra

Husbands?

You said he was also an illiterate who can't write and read, does he drink too? Where did you two find one another? Was he your fourth husband when your attitude was anyone with a cubeed? Desperate times require desperate solutions.

He is flight 13. He comes to America, no education, life stress, he began to drink. lol The brain of village farah is not designed for alcohol, they become addicted right away. Like the red Indians/native indians

Ethiopians have been drinking since the dawn of time the Muslims in harar and most of eastern Ethiopia including Somalia chewed khat and never drank

Ethiopian Christians are used to alcohol and have family members who drink not Somalis

It's just not in our blood and we just can't deal with it
Ethiopians drink but they also banned khat in their kingdoms because of its negative effects

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Oromos living in christian lands weren't allowed and habeshas never did until khat was unbanned with the fall of the monarchy, it's now one of the most exported crop herb but is mostly consumed in Muslim areas.
They don't chew they drink oromo and habash Christians and most Christians in Ethiopia drink while Muslims chew Khat

So it makes sense that they can controll since their already used to it not the same for somalis and muslims

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
I'm not fussed by a bit of brown liquor at a party vibe or in a club but it's the beer drinkers and the nitties with foster cans stashed in the fridges who I can't stand

Just because someone gets drunk doesn't mean they are alcoholics. I've gotten shitfaced at a few times and I barely drink.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Alcohol addiction is no joke, I have seen young pple go from drinking on the weekends to everyday. There’s a lot of help out there, we as a community should all get involved in helping our brothers and sisters beat this horrible addiction :)

VixR

Veritas
I drink moderately on occasion.

Most of the time people become alcoholics and get shitfaced routinely, they have bigger problems than their alcohol consumption.

I don’t believe it has anything to do with their ethnicity. Most people around me are White, and they can get shitfaced and become alcoholics. But it’s always the ones that are trying to lose themselves that exhibit the riskiest behaviors.

These people your talking about most likely have problems at home relative to the others at the concert that they’re trying to drink away, or forget themselves for the night. Next they know, they’re addicts, bc using alcohol as a crutch is an unsustainable plan.

Trending