Alcohol set to be subsidised and more available at 2022 World Cup in Qatar

@Cognitivedissonance , Boowe, not only is Qatar subsidising the cost of alcohol for the fans attending the WC in Doha, but you and your friends the LGBT community will be welcomed with open arms in Doha 2022 World Cup. Guul.

• Organisers plan for cheaper prices and more sale points
• England fans urged to be on best behaviour if team qualifies

Organisers of the 2022 World Cup in Qatar are close to a deal that would lead to alcohol being subsidised and more readily available during the tournament. However, they have also urged England fans to “bridge the cultural gap” by being on their best behaviour if their team qualifies.

A pint of beer in Doha, where most matches will be played, typically costs around £10 because of sin taxes in the Muslim country. However, organisers expect to announce cheaper alcohol prices, an extension of hotel happy hours and more locations where it will be sold during the World Cup in the coming months.

But they are privately wary of selling alcoholic drinks on the cruise ships where many England fans are expected to stay if Gareth Southgate’s side qualifies because of fears they could turn into “booze cruises”.

“Alcohol is not part of our culture,” Nasser al-Khater, the chief executive officer of the 2022 World Cup, admitted. “However, hospitality is. Alcohol is not as readily available here as in other parts of the world but for the World Cup we want to ensure it is accessible for fans who want to have a drink, so we are trying to find designated locations for fans to have alcohol, other than traditional places such as hotels and so forth.

“We recognise there is an issue with the price and it is something we are looking into. We are looking at finding ways to reduce the price of alcohol.”

Al-Khater also confirmed his security team was working closely with authorities in England, and other countries that have traditionally qualified for the World Cup, to help them best deal with fans – and to ensure police do not react too forcefully to behaviour they might not usually encounter.

“There is a lot of training that is going into security personnel to make sure things that are culturally different are seen in that frame – of what might be acceptable to an England fan might not be acceptable here – and to make sure we bridge that gap.”

However, al-Khater said England fans would have to abide by the law and conceded he was worried by the anti-social behaviour of some supporters at the Nations League in Portugal.

“Look, I think it is a concern,” he added. “Safety and security at any major event is your number one priority. The possibility with altercations between fans because of the size of the country, and a lot of the fans being in the same vicinity, is the key priority. But what we expect from the fans is similar to what we saw in Russia.”

Qatar is expecting to welcome more than one million fans from across the globe and al-Khater insisted supporter safety was of paramount importance and that gay and transgender fans would be made welcome.

“I would like to assure any fan of any gender, orientation, religion and race that they can rest assured Qatar is one of the safest countries in the world and they will all be welcome here. The safety and security of every single fan is of the utmost importance to us.

“There’s a lot of training, there’s a lot of understanding there are different cultures that are going to be descending here and we need to maintain that we are a hospitable culture and hospitable people.”

However, he said fans coming for the tournament would also have to be respectful of local laws and customs.

“We are also going to expect people to get acquainted with our norms and our culture and our laws,” he continued. “And whatever happens in the middle is where we need to make sure it is dealt with in the most appropriate way to make sure it’s a World Cup where everybody feels welcome – and that nobody feels they are in any way intimidated or threatened, whether it’s over religion or gender, across the board, for everybody.”

When pressed about how Qataris may react to a gay couple holding hands, Al-Khater insisted they would not be treated any differently from any other couple or individual. “I will put it another way: a public display of affection is frowned upon,” he added. “It’s not part of our culture. But that goes across the board to everybody.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/sep/26/alcohol-2022-football-world-cup-qatar

mrlog

VIP
@Molotoff sxb why do Bosnian girls look hot from far but up close and personal they look like trannies.

:faysalwtf:

Uni-brows, hairy upper lips, huge hands.
Just like a mirage in the desert
I’d better stick to my dear halimoz

Alcohol is a poison.

@Molotoff

It is, but can you spot the hypocrisy? Qatar along with Turkey were supposed to be the guardians of the Muslim Brotherhood teachings. How about welcoming the LGBT fans and treating them with respect? I kind of like of this new Islam emerging from the Gulf, but they’re sending us different books. ‘nough said.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
@Molotoff sxb why do Bosnian girls look hot from far but up close and personal they look like trannies.

:faysalwtf:

Uni-brows, hairy upper lips, huge hands.
Just like a mirage in the desert
I’d better stick to my dear halimoz

I don’t know sxb, I have bigger problems with their attitude.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
With the exception of the old nomad community that still live in the towns and villages, the mercantile class have heavy drinkers, they all use to visit Bahrain to down liqour.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Arabs and alcohol is just as disaster as Somalis and alcohol. All that repression or character and sexuality suppression comes up in full force under the condition ,lol

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
@Basra

Arabs at 2022 Qatar world cup

giphy.gif

The money they’ll get from alcohol sales will be a lot. Those greedy niggas might legalize it down the road. Didn’t they bribe fifa officials to get the World Cup bid?

The money they’ll get from alcohol sales will be a lot. Those greedy niggas might legalize it down the road. Didn’t they bribe fifa officials to get the World Cup bid?
There's a high chance they bribed the officials.

The business savvy Qataris are going to make bank from hosting the World Cup.

Last edited:
It's the government that's welcoming them, not the people. And I can guarantee you that a lot of places will refuse to serve alcohol and the LGBT community.

@XamarWeeaboo

Alcohol is legal in Qatar right now and you can drink in major hotels or get a liquor license and buy from the Qatar Distribution Centre. The problem? It is too expensive and the government will subsidise during the World Cup in 2022. Now, they have a Tax called Sin-Tax on alcohol and that’s why it’s expensive at the moment, but they will waive that tax during the World Cup.

As for the LGBT, they are coming home to their Arab brothers and sisters. They will be welcomed better than you and me.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
These munaafiqiin are some of the largest terror financiers in the world. Alcohol is the least of their sins.

Trending