Al Umari confirms that the Language of Zayla was Somali

@HabarSteven12 @Banadiri Warrior
Al Umari’s account of Ifat mentions that the people of Zayla spoke the Somali language which he refers to Zayla’i in his account.[22] He also states that in the land of

“they cultivate two times annually by seasonal rains … The rainfall for the winter is called ‘Bil’ and rainfall for the ‘summer’ is called ‘Karam’.”
The terms Karan and Bil are stil used in their original form even after 700 years. The exact Same definition is given for the term ‘Karan’ in Cabdulla Cumar Mansuur’s dictionary of the Somali Language. Somalis lived in and were the majority of Zayla during the 14th century.
2031032A-38F4-430C-BD91-4E424FD0303E.jpeg

7EF7187E-081C-4061-B825-A3CFF8C54A0C.jpeg

A9E3C434-5780-4AE9-ABDC-315CE82B8E0B.jpeg

This seems to be clear from al-"Umari's description of Ifat, whose language he tells us was 'Abyssinian and Arabic'.' Following this, al-'Umari not only gives a list of words some of which are still identifiable, but he also provides us with the earliest Arabic description of the Ethiopian alphabet, Again, the names of the princes in the Arabic documents published by Entico Cerulli regarding the early sultanate of Shoa and the Walasma dynasty of both Ifat and Adal, indicate that some sort of Ethio-Semitic was spoken by the early Muslims in these areas. The implication of all this is that early Islam, in the Shoan region at least, had its first roots among the Ethio-Semitic speakers of the area, who later formed and ran the sultanate of Shoa and consequently the Walasma kingdoms of Ifat and Adal. Perhaps the picture was also the same in the Muslim communities immediately to the south of Ifat, particularly in Dawaro, Sharka and Hadya, where Ethio-Semitic speakers similarly may have taken a leading role.

Thus, it is apparent that, in the major Muslim states of the region, Ethio-Semitic speakers formed the dominant section of the population.

This seems to be clear from al-"Umari's description of Ifat, whose language he tells us was 'Abyssinian and Arabic'.' Following this, al-'Umari not only gives a list of words some of which are still identifiable, but he also provides us with the earliest Arabic description of the Ethiopian alphabet, Again, the names of the princes in the Arabic documents published by Entico Cerulli regarding the early sultanate of Shoa and the Walasma dynasty of both Ifat and Adal, indicate that some sort of Ethio-Semitic was spoken by the early Muslims in these areas. The implication of all this is that early Islam, in the Shoan region at least, had its first roots among the Ethio-Semitic speakers of the area, who later formed and ran the sultanate of Shoa and consequently the Walasma kingdoms of Ifat and Adal. Perhaps the picture was also the same in the Muslim communities immediately to the south of Ifat, particularly in Dawaro, Sharka and Hadya, where Ethio-Semitic speakers similarly may have taken a leading role.

Thus, it is apparent that, in the major Muslim states of the region, Ethio-Semitic speakers formed the dominant section of the population.
Quick Question is Karan a Somali word or not. Why does the term Karam as stated by Al Umari perfectly match the modern Somali term of Karan?

Thus, it is apparent that, in the major Muslim states of the region, Ethio-Semitic speakers formed the dominant section of the population
You keep on mentioning these “ethio-semetic” words yet you still haven’t given me one example of Al Umari mentioning a modern Ethio-Semitic word

You keep on mentioning these “ethio-semetic” words yet you still haven’t given me one example of Al Umari mentioning a modern Ethio-Semitic word
Umari never once mentioned that the people of Zayla spoke Somali. You have added your own twisted interpretation. Al Umari mentions that Islam did not seem to have gone deep into the cultural life of the Cushitic people.

Al Umari states that most of the Muslim rulers seem to have been Semitic speakers who were Muslims in their customs, names, titles, and religion. Bill also means months in the Afar language. By using your logic, Al Umari referred to the Afars. Most Somali terms are derived from Arabic words. Even the origin of the word Karam is Arabic. Al Umari never once mentioned Somalis.

Umari never once mentioned that the people of Zayla spoke Somali. You have added your own twisted interpretation. Al Umari mentions that Islam did not seem to have gone deep into the cultural life of the Cushitic people.

Al Umari states that most of the Muslim rulers seem to have been Semitic speakers who were Muslims in their customs, names, titles, and religion. Bill also means months in the Afar language. By using your logic, Al Umari referred to the Afars. Most Somali terms are derived from Arabic words. Even the origin of the word Karam is Arabic. Al Umari never once mentioned Somalis.
Ok, Karam is Arabic? Prove it. Al Umari clearly states Karam/Karan is a word native to the Zayla’i language

Even the Semitic community don’t respect you. They call you “Ethio-Semitic” as if your a hybrid creole race. You don’t see them calling the Hebrew speakers “Levantine Semitiic” or “Yemenite Semitic”. 🤣

So now Zayla is Afar? So Zayla is simultaneously Afar, Harari, Amhara, Arab, Persian and Bantu? It can’t be all of these pick one.
I know no matter how much evidence I bring Habar Habeshi won’t be convinced even if Allah inspired to him the truth about the matter he would still deny it he doesn’t care about facts or the truth he just wants to push an agenda

So now Zayla is Afar? So Zayla is simultaneously Afar, Harari, Amhara, Arab, Persian and Bantu? It can’t be all of these pick one.
You are such a troll. You don't have the intellectual capacity or maturity to analyze historical sources with a critical eye. You are academically and intellectually illiterate when it comes to the history of historical kingdoms in the Horn of Africa. Do you lack reading comprehension? I said that by using your distorted logic, al Umari would have referred to Afars because the word Bill also means months in the Afar language.

A good portion of the Somali language has borrowed words from the Arabic language. The Somali language has so many loan Arabic words. Just because certain words sound identical to the Somali language doesn't mean the origins of those words are Somali. The fact that you don't even know the origins of the word Karam shows how uninformed and intellectually illiterate you are.

You are such a troll. You don't have the intellectual capacity or maturity to analyze historical sources with a critical eye. You are academically and intellectually illiterate when it comes to the history of historical kingdoms in the Horn of Africa. Do you lack reading comprehension? I said that by using your distorted logic, al Umari would have referred to Afars because the word Bill also means months in the Afar language.

A good portion of the Somali language has borrowed words from the Arabic language. The Somali language has so many loan Arabic words. Just because certain words sound identical to the Somali language doesn't mean the origins of those words are Somali. The fact that you don't even know the origins of the word Karam shows how uninformed and intellectually illiterate you are.
Ok I admit it I’m a dumb retard can’t analyze anything and was born into the subhuman Somali race.
Now I need you to show me the origin of Karan/Karam O noble and Great Habeshi

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Yeah that's pretty undeniable there. Clearly is Af Soomaali he was referring to

Trending