Al Shabab kidnaps more than 100 children in the lawless south

Sxb tell me do you think Farmaajo has accomplished anything significant in terms of eradicating al shabaab from Somalia?

Sxb tell me do you think Farmaajo has accomplished anything significant in terms of eradicating al shabaab from Somalia?

I judge a president by a term not 24 months into a 4 year term.

Farmaajo made significant strides in rebuilding & arming all departments of SNA which is the first step

The victory over Shabab will be realised when the centre & peripheral leaders are in unison in the fight and I believe that will be soon iA

I judge a president by a term not 24 months into a 4 year term.

Farmaajo made significant strides in rebuilding & arming all departments of SNA which is the first step

The victory over Shabab will be realised when the centre & peripheral leaders are in unison in the fight and I believe that will be soon iA
We'll see sxb IA al shabaab will be defeated.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
If the parents actually wanted them back, they would send clan militias to retrieve them. I guarantee that won't happen and the next time we hear about these children will be in 10 years when they're old enough to operate a suicide vest.

The sad truth is that nearly everyone down there is a terrorist sympathizer, including these parents, so they don't mind their children being indoctrinated by terrorists.
RX recruits1.jpg
RX recruits2.jpg

Source: Inside Al Shabaab

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Are these the boys who turn into derbi jiif (homeless) in Puntland?

I suspect some of these homeless boys are AlShaydan spies and operatives.

Puntland's people are far too trusting.

How can they let random unemployed boys enter the state en-masse.

Because it's a society of emotion, somalinimo, islamimo they use the emotions to think not the mind to test and see like western world. Infact PL also indoctrinate them into this same idealogy in orphan schools, it's not harvard sister where puntlanders take u but superstition and a failed cultural system

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
If the parents actually wanted them back, they would send clan militias to retrieve them. I guarantee that won't happen and the next time we hear about these children will be in 10 years when they're old enough to operate a suicide vest.

The sad truth is that nearly everyone down there is a terrorist sympathizer, including these parents, so they don't mind their children being indoctrinated by terrorists.
View attachment 63827 View attachment 63828
Source: Inside Al Shabaab

These parents want to cry foul when their son or daughter is stranded in Libya because of tahriibing to reach the lavish West but their child joining a terrorist organisation that could potentially harm many more families seems to not trigger the same grief :bell: they should lock up the parents for not managing their household.

These parents want to cry foul when their son or daughter is stranded in Libya because of tahriibing to reach the lavish West but their child joining a terrorist organisation that could potentially harm many more families seems to not trigger the same grief :bell: they should lock up the parents for not managing their household.

In an ideal situation, the family will fight to the death for their children but I imagine many of these families to be headed by single mothers whose husbands have died.

Walahi, it's heartbreaking.

Clearly, Alshaydan even took their weapons or they never had any to start with.

See, they can never pull this off in North Somalia or Central Somalia because those people are armed to the teeth.

They like bullying farmers or "minority" communities.

Balaayada.

Mckenzie

VIP
In an ideal situation, the family will fight to the death for their children but I imagine many of these families to be headed by single mothers whose husbands have died.

Walahi, it's heartbreaking.

Clearly, Alshaydan even took their weapons or they never had any to start with.

See, they can never pull this off in North Somalia or Central Somalia because those people are armed to the teeth.

They like bullying farmers or "minority" communities.

Balaayada.

This is Somalia, ppl have their families surrounding them unless they were IDP's, a single mum is still guilty for not consulting the extended family. Ilmaha miyaanay adeero iyo abtiyaal u joogin?

This is Somalia, ppl have their families surrounding them unless they were IDP's, a single mum is still guilty for not consulting the extended family. Ilmaha miyaanay adeero iyo abtiyaal u joogin?

I get what you're saying but there may be a different culture there, our resident D&M expert,
@Balaayo may be able to explain how AlShaydan has gripped the region.

Either the locals support or they are in fear of them or both

We're all armed to the teeth, let's get that straight first. But there are a number of reasons Alshabab isnt tackled head on.

1) No unity. Forget Digilnimo, at the sub sub clan level of Mirifle, there's no unity. Constant qabil wars is the norm down here. So when a clan from Bakool loses 100 member's to a kidnapping, the neighbouring clan are probably cheering on. And when a similar fate hits this clan, others are cheering on and the cycle continues.

2) There's a Geographic problem, why do you think AS/IS exist in Golis? Because the mountains makes it perfect for guerrilla warfare, the same can be said for the forests of the South. This makes it very difficult to fight them, just go ask the Colombians about FARC.

3) Alshabab don't give a f*ck about civilians. So if a clan attacks them, Alshabab will not hesitate to go after women, children and old folks. They're gonna massacre you. I should also add that the civil war wasn't long ago, in most Mirifle minds, what happened to them is still fresh. They have an experience of losing civilians on a large scale, they don't wanna go through that again.

4) Sadly, the clan leadership probably don't care if some low level peasants lose family members, it's not worth going to war for, when your neighbouring clan could just capitalise and take some of your lands.

5) The Ethiopian presence doesn't help.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

We're all armed to the teeth, let's get that straight first. But there are a number of reasons Alshabab isnt tackled head on.

1) No unity. Forget Digilnimo, at the sub sub clan level of Mirifle, there's no unity. Constant qabil wars is the norm down here. So when a clan from Bakool loses 100 member's to a kidnapping, the neighbouring clan are probably cheering on. And when a similar fate hits this clan, others are cheering on and the cycle continues.

2) There's a Geographic problem, why do you think AS/IS exist in Golis? Because the mountains makes it perfect for guerrilla warfare, the same can be said for the forests of the South. This makes it very difficult to fight them, just go ask the Colombians about FARC.

3) Alshabab don't give a f*ck about civilians. So if a clan attacks them, Alshabab will not hesitate to go after women, children and old folks. They're gonna massacre you. I should also add that the civil war wasn't long ago, in most Mirifle minds, what happened to them is still fresh. They have an experience of losing civilians on a large scale, they don't wanna go through that again.

4) Sadly, the clan leadership probably don't care if some low level peasants lose family members, it's not worth going to war for, when your neighbouring clan could just capitalise and take some of your lands.

I pray D&M get their act together, truly the most resourceful and useful Somali ethnic group.

Imagine how prosperous SW would be.

Are there any moves to unite??

I pray D&M get their act together, truly the most resourceful and useful Somali ethnic group.

Imagine how prosperous SW would be.

Are there any moves to unite??

Not really lol how's a big clan ever gonna unite. Is Darod or Hawiye united?

There's no hope for this place until AMISOM leave, especially the Ethiopians. It really is as simple as that.

Mckenzie

VIP

The problem in Bakool is the same problem in Hiiraan. Dozens of sub clans live there, it's on the border with Ethiopia and filled with farming communities. That is very ripe for the terrorists, they can tax the crops, manipulate clan rivalry and extort more revenue from the Baraawe Port.

Last edited:

Trending