Al-shabaab leaders in Puntland start to run back to Somaliland

The emir is Isaaq like Godane he won't really blow up his own people will he...
That is a dumb, uninformed argument. Al Shabaab members have no principles, they regularly blow up their own people.

Al Shabaab was very active in in Somaliland in the early 2000's. However, when they killed the two English teachers, the Somaliland people turned on them and the Somaliland Government has spent invested signigicantly on developing their Intelligence Agencies. Since then they have been practically eradicated from Somaliland controlled areas.

Somaliland is practically Al Shabaab free because it's people work with the police in reporting any suspicious behavior that might be Al Shabaab.

Puntland and the rest of Somalia will not get rid of Al Shabaab until the local populations stop assisting Al Shabaab. It is likely that the majority of Al Shabaab/Isis in Puntland is from Puntland and getting support from their clan. That is the case for Al Shabaab - local members getting support from their clan.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
That is a dumb, uninformed argument. Al Shabaab members have no principles, they regularly blow up their own people.

Al Shabaab was very active in in Somaliland in the early 2000's. However, when they killed the two English teachers, the Somaliland people turned on them and the Somaliland Government has spent invested signigicantly on developing their Intelligence Agencies. Since then they have been practically eradicated from Somaliland controlled areas.

Somaliland is practically Al Shabaab free because it's people work with the police in reporting any suspicious behavior that might be Al Shabaab.

Puntland and the rest of Somalia will not get rid of Al Shabaab until the local populations stop assisting Al Shabaab. It is likely that the majority of Al Shabaab/Isis in Puntland is from Puntland and getting support from their clan. That is the case for Al Shabaab - local members getting support from their clan.
Those killed in PL from SL? What about them. You saying Local population has to stop this and facts says they are coming from other states. Did one Darood attack SL in 2008? The answer is simple, "NO". You guys didn't deal with it. But compromise for your safe. Go kill but let me life.

IF SL is safe why RRU terrorist then?. Its clear points those terrirost has cells inside SL to start to attack other lands beside SL.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP

Shabaab didn't even exist in the early 2000s. Somaliland does not have intelligence agencies with those in Puntland which received US training for 20 years, it has a xenophobic population and don't let non-local tribes form communities in their towns. Snitching culture kept Somaliland safe and allowing their terrorist to go to Puntland and do their deed there.

Those killed in PL from SL? What about them. You saying Local population has to stop this and facts says they are coming from other states. Did one Darood attack SL in 2008? The answer is simple, "NO". You guys didn't deal with it. But compromise for your safe. Go kill but let me life.

IF SL is safe why RRU terrorist then?. Its clear points those terrirost has cells inside SL to start to attack other lands beside SL.
Saxiib, I mean this in the most respectful ways, I have no idea what you are saying. Little to none of what you say is coherent to me. I get the sense you typed this in a rush or in a fit of rage. Take a breath and try again. I'm happy to have a sensible discussion.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Saxiib, I mean this in the most respectful ways, I have no idea what you are saying. Little to none of what you say is coherent to me. I get the sense you typed this in a rush or in a fit of rage. Take a breath and try again. I'm happy to have a sensible discussion.
Im pointing out facts its not about me!!. I was on this field for 20 years. I didn't cay or anger to anyone. So just answer the points I mention it and dont try to redirect to other place.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Shabaab didn't even exist in the early 2000s. Somaliland does not have intelligence agencies with those in Puntland which received US training for 20 years, it has a xenophobic population and don't let non-local tribes form communities in their towns. Snitching culture kept Somaliland safe and allowing their terrorist to go to Puntland and do their deed there.
Oromo people coming daily to PL from SL. SL authority has no idea about them.

That will give clear point on how SL function.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Ismail Arale was Al Shabaab's first leader. He was arrested for passport fraud in Djibouti on May 31, 2007 while he was traveling to Eritrea to receive arms and money. Arale was transferred to Camp Lemmonier and flown to Guantanamo Bay leaving Al Shabaab leaderless.

18 Al Shabaab leaders gathered in Kurtunwaarey in August 2007 to select Arale's successor. They unanimously selected Ahmed Abdi Godane as the next leader of Al Shabaab. Arale was released by the United States and sent back to Somalia in December 2009.

Al Itihaad formed in Burco in 1984 as the precursor group to Al Shabaab. The group was created from the merger of two khawarij groups, Al Wahdat Al Shabaab Al Islam in Hargeisa and Al Ahli in the south. Their leader was 'Sheikh' Ali Warsame (Hassan Dahir Aweys was deputy leader), leader of Al-Wahdat. Ali Warsame eventually retired. He came back into public view after Al Shabaab did suicide attacks in Somaliland in October 2008. Ali Warsame called the Hargeisa bombings outrageous and un-Islamic.

Al Itihaad included another prominent member named Ibrahim Al Afghani. Afghani acquired his strange nickname from his training in Afghanistan by Al Qaeda in the late 1980s. It was here that he met Godane who he shared a hometown with. The two became close friends and partners in terror.

Afghani was one of the 18 Al Shabaab leaders who selected Godane to succeed Arale after his arrest.

Ismail Arale, Ahmed Abdi Godane, Ibrahim Al Afghani, and 'Sheikh' Ali Warsame are all Isaaq from Somaliland. Arale currently lives in Burco Somaliland, a known hub for khawariji. Godane and Afghani are dead. Ali Warsame currently lives in Somaliland.

Interesting tidbit about Godane: he was in Hargeisa in 1988 and escaped to Djibouti. This explains his cuqdad.

Source: Inside Al-Shabaab: The Secret History of Al-Qaeda's Most Powerful Ally

Last edited:
Al Shabaab/Al Qaeda/Isis/ICU, I'm referring to terrorist networks in the horn of africa. They have existed ever since Somalia collapsed in '91.

Somaliland has several intelligence agencies, which are clearly the best in the Somali controlled areas since it has no piracy or terrorism issues. Puntland by the same standards has some of the worst. All Somali's are xenophobic to some degree. Puntland is a sub-clan of Majeerteen enclave so don't be silly and accuse others of xenophobia when you are probably the worst example of it.

You should be embarrassed to call turning Al Shabaab terrorist into the police "snitching". This is why you people have a problem with Al Shabaab. You are afraid to turn in your brothers/uncles/fathers when they are happily blowing up innoncent people left right and centre.

Im pointing out facts its not about me!!. I was on this field for 20 years. I didn't cay or anger to anyone. So just answer the points I mention it and dont try to redirect to other place.
I am happy to discuss things when I understand what the other person is saying. See my discussion with sincity for example. I find you very difficult to comprehend. It's not "cay", I just don't want to make assumptions about what you are saying.

repo

VIP
Al Shabaab/Al Qaeda/Isis/ICU, I'm referring to terrorist networks in the horn of africa. They have existed ever since Somalia collapsed in '91.

Somaliland has several intelligence agencies, which are clearly the best in the Somali controlled areas since it has no piracy or terrorism issues. Puntland by the same standards has some of the worst. All Somali's are xenophobic to some degree. Puntland is a sub-clan of Majeerteen enclave so don't be silly and accuse others of xenophobia when you are probably the worst example of it.

You should be embarrassed to call turning Al Shabaab terrorist into the police "snitching". This is why you people have a problem with Al Shabaab. You are afraid to turn in your brothers/uncles/fathers when they are happily blowing up innoncent people left right and centre.
Somaliland exports terrorism which is why most high ranking Shabaab in the south or PL have been Isaaq. Shabaab never killed those aid workers in Sheikh it did not exist. Somalilanders blow up other regions but not their own.

Somaliland exports terrorism which is why most high ranking Shabaab in the south or PL have been Isaaq. Shabaab never killed those aid workers in Sheikh it did not exist. Somalilanders blow up other regions but not their own.
I have no problem's correcting an error on my part. Although it was domestic Islamic terrorists that killed those teachers, they were not specifically Al Shabaab. My point stands though, ever since then Somalilanders and the Somaliland government have eradicated the terrorist problem in their lands. You folks should learn from Somaliland's example.

You accuse Somalilanders of being Xenophobic but then equate Isaaq and Somaliland as being one and the same. There are Isaaqs who live in Ethiopian Hawd, Kenya, Uganda, Qurbaha - are they by default Somalilanders even though they have never set foot in Somaliland? You are the xenophobe.

It is Puntlander Al Shabaab that are in Galgala, and killing your government officials and foreign workers in your land. If you cleaned your own house up, you wouldn't have xenophobic paranoia about the "other".

repo

VIP
I have no problem's correcting an error on my part. Although it was domestic Islamic terrorists that killed those teachers, they were not specifically Al Shabaab. My point stands though, ever since then Somalilanders and the Somaliland government have eradicated the terrorist problem in their lands. You folks should learn from Somaliland's example.

You accuse Somalilanders of being Xenophobic but then equate Isaaq and Somaliland as being one and the same. There are Isaaqs who live in Ethiopian Hawd, Kenya, Uganda, Qurbaha - are they by default Somalilanders even though they have never set foot in Somaliland? You are the xenophobe.

It is Puntlander Al Shabaab that are in Galgala, and killing your government officials and foreign workers in your land. If you cleaned your own house up, you wouldn't have xenophobic paranoia about the "other".
They are Isaaq, the emir is Habar Jeclo. Somaliland and Isaaq are the same. They don't believe in Islam, they believe in clan warfare otherwise they would start at home.

They are Isaaq, the emir is Habar Jeclo. Somaliland and Isaaq are the same. They don't believe in Islam, they believe in clan warfare otherwise they would start at home.
They would start at home if they could, Somalilanders don't let them. Al Shabaab in Puntland are Majeerteen, who are supported by the local Majeerteen population. They don't believe in Islam.

Clean up your own house.

repo

VIP
They would start at home if they could, Somalilanders don't let them. Al Shabaab in Puntland are Majeerteen, who are supported by the local Majeerteen population. They don't believe in Islam.

Clean up your own house.
Nobody lives in the mountains except Shabaab led by Isaaq. They come down from the mountains and blow up people.

The Isaaq Shabaab Emir Omar Mohamed Aden needs to stop his terrorism before a US drone gets him like his other Isaaq cousin Godane.

Trending

Latest posts