Al Shabaab Carries Out Second Attack in Kenya Within a Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
00300475:a5b06298f197640612f245d771ea99cb:arc614x376:w285:us1.png

Four people were hacked to death and their houses torched in an attack claimed by Shabaab militants in Kenya's coastal Lamu county, police said.

"The attackers dragged people from their houses and killed them. We have launched investigations to establish the motive of the attack," said coastal police chief Larry Kieng.

"The number of people killed are four," he said, adding that three suspects had been taken into custody.

Kieng denied Shabaab was behind the attack Thursday night, saying it was linked to local conflict between herders and farmers.

But another senior police officer, speaking on condition of anonymity, said, "The attack has all the hallmarks of an Al Shabaab attack. They have committed similar attacks in similar fashion before and even torched houses."

http://allafrica.com/stories/201708210085.html

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Serious question: how come AS never, i mean never attack Ethiopia?
They've bombed all 3 corners of Somalia, kenya countless times and even as far as Uganda, but for some reason, never inside Ethiopia. And when i say Ethiopia, i mean AmXAAR and Oromo lands, not K5.

Ducaale

President 2k20
The "suspects" they take into account weren't even the killers, they just take them in to vent.

Serious question: how come AS never, i mean never attack Ethiopia?
They've bombed all 3 corners of Somalia, kenya countless times and even as far as Uganda, but for some reason, never inside Ethiopia. And when i say Ethiopia, i mean AmXAAR and Oromo lands, not K5.
The security and intelligence service in Ethiopia is good. They can't wipe their bums without security storming whatever building they are in. Plus Ethiopia employs spies throughout every region and pays locals (somali region) to inform.

Ducaale

President 2k20
The security and intelligence service in Ethiopia is good. They can't wipe their bums without security storming whatever building they are in. Plus Ethiopia employs spies throughout every region and pays locals (somali region) to inform.
I wouldn't wish an attack on innocent people, but seriously it's quite suspicious.

I wouldn't wish an attack on innocent people, but seriously it's quite suspicious.
That's good to hear. They've done bombings in the earlier years (2005), I know of two cases at cafes. Even if Ethiopia funded al Shabab in their early days it would not continue to do so forever, It's main goal is development and having a chaotic neighborhood does not bode well with investors.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
That's good to hear. They've done bombings in the earlier years (2005), I know of two cases at cafes. Even if Ethiopia funded al Shabab in their early days it would not continue to do so forever, It's main goal is development and having a chaotic neighborhood does not bode well with investors.
Aren't your amxaar what you doin on a somali forum. Is it because all the ethio forums are dead :tacky:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Arma

VIP
Aren't your amxaar what you doin on a somali forum. Is it because all the ethio forums are dead :tacky:

I have a deep feeling that he's not amXAAR, but a Samosa boi, pretending to be amXAAR. He knows too much about Somalis and Somali clans. He's probably that Somosa Hawdian of Somnet.

Ethiopia security is no joke. They also know how to manhandle somali terrorists and their troubled people.
We don't like to admit this but these Ethiopians really know us and their tactics is similar to the British
Abuse bribe divide finally conquer
Somalis in general submit once you abused long enough.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP

kkkkkk Columbus Ohio has a higher GDP than all of Ethiopia.

You're telling me terrorists can attack the west but can't attack broke ethiopia

I like to argue

You're telling me terrorists can attack the west but can't attack broke ethiopia
Columbus Ohio police need warrants to monitor, to search people and homes. Ethiopian int. has phones monitored and there's literally 2 roads that stretch between the capital and the Somali region. They have check points.

Arma

VIP

No, AS don't attack Ethiopia because, Somali life in K5 historically has been terrible: only oppression, death and destruction has been in the region. Only recently ( in the past decade) as life for Somalis in K5 improved greatly. And AS want nothing but hardship and death for Somalis.

Let's take a look at kenya. Kenya is the second most country AS attack. Contrary to popular belief, Somalis have it very nice in Kenya. I dare say after the Kikuyus and Lou , Somalis are the third (or maybe forth behind Kalenjin) most powerful people group in Kenya.
Somalis contribute a large part to the economy of Kenya, owning countless companies across many sectors and industries. We're overrepresented in both the Kenyan Police Force and the KDF, from all across the rank and file (from the lowly private/pc to chief/general). And the same goes for Kenyan politics, with Somalis holding places of importance, such as the FM position and other ministerial seats.

Al Shabab hates this, hence why they attack Kenya constantly, to make Somalis hated and to have us removed from places of power and comfort, and to make us hated and not trusted.

Ethiopia funds AS so they can stop investors from going into Somalia and instead into their region, this will only make Somalis invest into Somalia more

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
Ethiopia funds Alshabaab through maamulka siilland. Abu ubaydah and the dead murtad abu zubayr works/worked as diehard siilland agents

Abu mansur fell out with murtad abu zubayr because the former wanted to attack north, the latter said north is sacred place (because banu hashim lives there).

No, AS don't attack Ethiopia because, Somali life in K5 historically has been terrible: only oppression, death and destruction has been in the region. Only recently ( in the past decade) as life for Somalis in K5 improved greatly. And AS want nothing but hardship and death for Somalis.

Let's take a look at kenya. Kenya is the second most country AS attack. Contrary to popular belief, Somalis have it very nice in Kenya. I dare say after the Kikuyus and Lou , Somalis are the third (or maybe forth behind Kalenjin) most powerful people group in Kenya.
Somalis contribute a large part to the economy of Kenya, owning countless companies across many sectors and industries. We're overrepresented in both the Kenyan Police Force and the KDF, from all across the rank and file (from the lowly private/pc to chief/general). And the same goes for Kenyan politics, with Somalis holding places of importance, such as the FM position and other ministerial seats.

Al Shabab hates this, hence why they attack Kenya constantly, to make Somalis hated and to have us removed from places of power and comfort, and to make us hated and not trusted.
That's a different prospective that I hadn't thought of before. RIP to the victims.

The reason why the Somalis in Ethiopia aren't incorporated into the general society of the country (besides the Somalis who live in Addis) is because of the Ogaden war and its aftermath. The war has led Somalis in the region to hate the government while the government has been led to mistrust the Somalis. I believe if the war had not happen the same type of intergration would have taken up.

I still believe that the security in Ethiopia is more top notch than that of Kenya because of its realively longer experience and it's having to deal with multiple fronts of attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending