Ajnabi & a revert says Somali women are cheap (Twitter).

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first guy is a weirdo. Have u gone through his tweets? I wouldn't take him seriously or any of these other twitter trolls.

Can you really blame them though, you have Somali women like that dark chick xalwo who's married to a racist.
And every time these sisters marry an ajnabi they automatically start making youtube videos :mjlol:

first off you guys need to stop taking what every john, rajesh, anwar, or tyrone says as word of law no one cares about their useless opinions; second of all this equating a high mehr with a woman's worth has to stop too. some of the best women have had little to nothing as mehr and some terrible ones might demand 50k, they're not cattle for sale! it's just a gift not a bride price. And whatever a woman asks for is her business

Merca

Inactive.
jalla.png

:deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny:

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
first off you guys need to stop taking what every john, rajesh, anwar, or tyrone says as word of law no one cares about their useless opinions; second of all this equating a high mehr with a woman's worth has to stop too. some of the best women have had little to nothing as mehr and some terrible ones might demand 50k, they're not cattle for sale! it's just a gift not a bride price. And whatever a woman asks for is her business
I agree but these women usually charge 10-20k for a Somali brother and a mango for a revert. That's the problem, not really the mahr price. I wouldn't mind paying a mango or an apple. :siilaanyosmile:

I agree but these women usually charge 10-20k for a Somali brother and a mango for a revert. That's the problem, not really the mahr price. I wouldn't mind paying a mango or an apple. :siilaanyosmile:

it's because the girls who marry those convert men also tend to be religious and as such want to follow the mehr fatimi (low mahr paid by Ali (ra)) correlation not causation. They're coming from a good place but I feel they are sort of coerced into doing it by neo-salafi reverts down in the U.K. ergo why you never see this "apple mehri" business in other places

:bell: The truth is a lot of reverts target somali girls because they are the only girls who'd first, ask for little to no meher and second, they are the only group of muslim women who go against their parents' wishes. We should take what they say serious as they have no motivation to lie. How many times have we seen this same topic discussed on sites like ummah forum where reverts were saying they were more likely to be accepted by somalis than others. And you are right, meher should be made reasonable but you can't deny that within our community, we pay average to high meher for the most parts. Some girls might choose less and others very high.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
it's because the girls who marry those convert men also tend to be religious and as such want to follow the mehr fatimi (low mahr paid by Ali (ra)) correlation not causation. They're coming from a good place but I feel they are sort of coerced into doing it by neo-salafi reverts down in the U.K. ergo why you never see this "apple mehri" business in other places
It isn't just neo-salafis in my mosque every time someone reverts and wants to get married they say "let's find him a Somali sister", couple weeks later they get married and the marriage dissolves because the guy leaves Islam. I know at least 2 cases like this. I would put the blame on their fathers because they were probably eating khat in the cafe and never bothered looking after their children. Such concepts are obscene, and undignified to them because they think only the mother should raise the children.

Gambar

VIP
It sounds to me like they are taken advantage of. Somali youth in the west have little guidance when talking about marriage and having children. The mehr is not the issue as it is a personal choice but the fact the marriages don't last long and girls become single mothers. They need better guidance and family involvement.

Screenshot_20170224-180630.jpg
I don't give a f*ck xaliimos have to explain this trend of being labeled cheap, how did it get to this? They never say this about other women of different nationalities :mjlol:

tis not my brother, everything is greatly exaggerated on the interweb
How come we don't hear the same exaggerators with other women? There are more arab and asian chicks than somali chicks in the west, why hasn't anyone invented these lies and then grossly exaggerated about them?

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Alhamdulilah this problem does not exist in my community.

I know of maybe a handful of Ajanabi marriages and I'm pretty sure they're low-key shunned hhhhhhhh

:bell: The truth is a lot of reverts target somali girls because they are the only girls who'd first, ask for little to no meher and second, they are the only group of muslim women who go against their parents' wishes. We should take what they say serious as they have no motivation to lie. How many times have we seen this same topic discussed on sites like ummah forum where reverts were saying they were more likely to be accepted by somalis than others. And you are right, meher should be made reasonable but you can't deny that within our community, we pay average to high meher for the most parts. Some girls might choose less and others very high.

did you know that a lot of indian/pakistani girls are dictated by their families how much mehr they should ask for because of the stigma attatched to a low one? and a whole lot of other things? Not to mention their racism and how they would disown their daughter for marrying the wrong man. We should be grateful we are not as restricted by our parents as other backwards communities and plagued with racism. This whole thing just shows how women are viewed as property that needs to be bought and sold and that is how women in arab/indo-pak communities are viewed as. Of course their are other issues with women marrying excons and other things but that comes from probably a broken family background history but that doesn't mean we should try to compete with backwardness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts