Ahmad Gurey: A Somali Muslim ruler who repelled Portuguese invasions

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
:salute::salute::salute:

I thought there was around that timeframe there was a Sheikh called Ahmed Gurey who was Karaanle Hawiye and but the Imam Ahmed Gurey was Marehan.

Maybe it was the other way round? What is the book called?

The other Ahmed Gurey was Habar Maqdi (Magaadle?). But the Imam is reer Baabile. There is no other Somali or non Somali who are able to list the Imam's abtirsi and recognise his siblings and descendants by name.

The excerpt i quoted is from a Frankfurt University paper, it is referring to the same book Ya Gragn Warara.

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte 💪🏾🇸🇴
I remember in cafes when I would go with my father to get some shaah I would overhear the odeyaal arguint about Ahmed GUREY, although whenever Nur was mentioned everyone would agree he was mx
The main focus was figuring out exactly what tribe Gurey hailed from. Fast forward a few years and now the Amirs ancestry is in question. :dead: :dead:

I reckon he's Abgaaal Cismaan. We have a long line of Sheikhs and Imams.

I remember in cafes when I would go with my father to get some shaah I would overhear the odeyaal arguing about Ahmed GUREY, although whenever Nur was mentioned everyone would agree he was mx
The main focus was figuring out exactly what tribe Gurey hailed from. Fast forward a few years and now the Amirs ancestry is in question. :dead: :dead:

Him and Amir Nur had the same qabil I'm sure. Somalis need to stop using these guys as FKD. Now even Ethiopians are trying to claim them. I've even heard of Arabs doing this.

libaaxad

boqorada burco ✨
He's definitely somali and his name is proof of that. Regardless of qabil he had a significant impact on our history and the spread of Islam. This is a win for all Somalis across the board.

some colonial sources say he was garhajis but I’ve also seen some dir people claim him, others say he was an arab and a friend of sheikh isxaaq, who knows. I remember a friend telling me the cidagale that look after his grave have memorized his abtirsi.

some colonial sources say he was garhajis but I’ve also seen some dir people claim him, others say he was an arab and a friend of sheikh isxaaq, who knows. I remember a friend telling me the cidagale that look after his grave have memorized his abtirsi.

He was from Zeila modern day SL so it could be any of those qabils. But theirs no way an Arab immigrant would have that name. Thats just plain highway robbery.

libaaxad

boqorada burco ✨
He was from Zeila modern day SL so it could be any of those qabils. But theirs no way an Arab immigrant would have that name. Thats just plain highway robbery.
I question a lot of the arab stories in somalia/SL, because somalis are the least welcoming to ajanabis even arabs.

why would random geeljire men let their women marry dhegacass travelers and start whole lineages
:childplease:

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte 💪🏾🇸🇴
Somaliweyn :ohdamn: (Shanta Somali)

Jareeŕweyne (Not part of Shanta Somali)
giphy.gif

The other Ahmed Gurey was Habar Maqdi (Magaadle?). But the Imam is reer Baabile. There is no other Somali or non Somali who are able to list the Imam's abtirsi and recognise his siblings and descendants by name.

The excerpt i quoted is from a Frankfurt University paper, it is referring to the same book Ya Gragn Warara.

There are so many theories on this. If he had descendants that could trace their lineage it'd be amazing. I think until Judgement day it will remain a mystery.

libaaxad

boqorada burco ✨
  • magadle is an old tribe that is found in sanaag
  • habar magadle was the mother of a few isaaq tribes, hence the ‘habar’ before it. she was from the magadle tribe, and those few isaaq tribes were called that as a collective.
  • maqdi is a dir tribe, also old

somalis and their names, there are also so many isxaaqs, mikahils, dauuds etc. In different tribes. somalis and using similar names
:snoop:

reer

VIP
Last edited:

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte 💪🏾🇸🇴
amir nur waa the father of the ina nur sub clan of marehan his descendants are a sub clan are people serious?

https://ethiopia-streets.openalfa.com/zone-3

afar region
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I've actually met a few people who shared the same abtirsi as him. They were also ina Nuur like you've mentioned, another sub clan of MX.

Trending

Latest posts