Agriculture is the most profitable business back home now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
I just got a word from hargeisa, the Kuwait orphanage center earns 3k per day from tomatoes alone. The farm is about 4 to 5 hecters. There are 25 high tunnels of approx 30x7 meters. Tomatoes grow all except one for cucumber and 2 under preparation.

Papaya and fruit trees are planted in open field and interplanted with chillies and more tomatoes. The farm is run by Egyptian nationals. It has one bore hole and two dams. They use camel manure in the green houses after between planting to refertalise the tunnels. I heard cucumber doesnt sell well and therefore production is limited. However the farm can not satisfy the demand for tomatoes.

It produces about 10 boxes ( 20kg) per tunnel per day on peak production and it's usually sold out by 8.30am within two hours on daily bases.

I have did the calculation, 20boxes of 10kg on 25 tunnels and each kg is sold about $0.6/0.7 = $3000

Somaliyey Hurdada Ka Kaca Oo Wadankiina Wax Ka Qabsada :whew: My family has huge farms in Somaliland and Insha Allah, I'll do my part to invest and help my people/country.

Last edited:

Bohol

VIP
@Hemaal Very interesting. I didn't know tomatoes sell a lot in Hargeisa.
whew.png

Gambar

VIP
Why are there Kuwaitis and Egyptians running the farms and selling produce? I'm not a lander but these farms should be given to shacabka. I'm a little suspicious of that. My family has two farms back home more Somalis should learn how to farm. The government should start programs to help people gain skills needed to farm or at least encourage instead of stuffing their bellies. I'd say kick out these Arabs but :ohno:

Bohol

VIP
Sxb there is also storage problems for perishable produce and the shelf life of fruit and veggies is very short. Imagine investing in that as well. They're making money walaahi:whoo:

I have huge plants of land in the area I might turn it into a farming area. :westbrookswag:

Sxb there is also storage problems for perishable produce and the shelf life of fruit and veggies is very short. Imagine investing in that as well. They're making money walaahi:whoo:

Good news, but electricity is very expensive especially for refrigeration hence why they are limited to a certain amount of produce they can sell in any given day due to wastage?

It may be expensive in the short-term, but investing in solar panel kits can ensure a cheap supply of electricity for the long-term (and if demand is high the better).

Last edited:

Hemaal

VIP
Good news, but electricity is very expensive especially for refrigeration hence why they are limited to a certain amount of produce they can sell in any given day due to wastage?

I think investing in cold storage should be after you're established, plus instead of electricity you can use clean energy. We should make most of our resources sxb. Agriculture is where it's at sxb.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
:cosbyhmm:

If that school was donated by Kuwait than why are arab farmers making money from the produce

They should atleast train locals and educate them about agriculture
:drakewtf:

Hemaal

VIP
:cosbyhmm:

If that school was donated by Kuwait than why are arab farmers making money from the produce

They should atleast train locals and educate them about agriculture
:drakewtf:

School generates it's own money to sustain itself salary for teachers/employees etc. There's a Somali saying "Nin aamusay, hooyadi qadisay". I agree they should but they wouldn't probably because they don't want the competition.

Mercury

VIP
School generates it's own money to sustain itself salary for teachers/employees etc. There's a Somali saying "Nin aamusay, hooyadi qadisay". I agree they should but they wouldn't probably because they don't want the competition.

Anyways agriculture can go a long say back home BUT the electricity is too High imo if the companies dont want to go as cheap as possible than the government in My opinion should jail them

Hemaal

VIP
Anyways agriculture can go a long say back home BUT the electricity is too High imo if the companies dont want to go as cheap as possible than the government in My opinion should jail them

There are solar paneled bore holes and worry about electricity when your farm becomes established sxb. Baby steps sxb :whoa: Don't worry, it's a matter of time, people will abandon electricity generated from the diesel engines, there are a lot of houses with Solar panels in hargeisa including ours in hargeisa. Laascanood already has a major solar company that'll provide 70% of the city's electricity. Thing is, hargeisa is a huge and unlike Lascanood which is small in size compared to hargeisa, investing in clean energy will be very expensive. I heard the Solar company in Lascanood expenditure was $1.6Mil.

Agriculture, Livestocks and Fishery = Somali Holy trinity.
Rice, Pasta, Flour, Sugar, Salt, Vegetables, Meat, seafood, Fruit and Grains can be all locally produced. You do know that the produce of Hirshabelle alone can feed the entire somali population who reside in the Horn of africa and there would still be enough produce for exports?

We need to diversify our produce however. For example, rice farms and exotic fruits should not be grown in the north but the in the south instead. While in the north you should be growing lemons, olives, grapes and dates.

South should stick to Rice, Pasta, Sugar, exotic fruits while vegetables/grains should be grown throughout the region, in particular drought resistant crops such as Pearl millet and Sorghum (food of our ancestors mind you).

One of my requests to see within my life time is my people to be self sufficient when it comes to food and water. God willing I will see such a thing once again , ameen.

Major obstacles are the somali population themselves however, most prefer the current status quo due to haraam profits and some relish anarchy/violence as opposed to peace.

Refurbish all of the former fish factories dotted around the coastline and our former two key sugar factories. Fanoole dam needs to be refurbished too. Implement sand dunes/dams across the region. Preserve the rainwater in tanks, invest in solar/wind panels, tackle deforestation/desertification, etc..

Last edited:

Mercury

VIP
There are solar paneled bore holes and worry about electricity when your farm becomes established sxb. Baby steps sxb :whoa: Don't worry, it's a matter of time, people will abandon electricity generated from the diesel engines, there are a lot of houses with Solar panels in hargeisa including ours in hargeisa. Laascanood already has a major solar company that'll provide 70% of the city's electricity. Thing is, hargeisa is a huge and unlike Lascanood which is small in size compared to hargeisa, investing in clean energy will be very expensive. I heard the Solar company in Lascanood expenditure was $1.6Mil.

Im curious How does solar panels work can I put like a bunch on the roof and Im settled ?

How much is the electricity Bill when you go solar?

Hemaal

VIP
Im curious How does solar panels work can I put like a bunch on the roof and Im settled ?

How much is the electricity Bill when you go solar?

Depends, first you determine the average KW you use per month. Then you decide how many panels you can afford and get them. About $40 maybe less, it's always sunny so you might have an excess power on your solar batteries.

Last edited:

Mercury

VIP
Depends, first you determine the average KW you use per month. Then you decide how many panels you can afford and get them. About $40 maybe less, it's always sunny so you might have an excess power on your solar batteries.

Yeah its always Sunny in Hargeisa
But IF it gets overcharged Will the battery explode or get damaged?

Status
Not open for further replies.