Agri village: Balcad, Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.
PROJECT BRIEF
A set way of life is put in question, design is challenged by how it adopts to community responsiveness, tradition and cultural norms. Agri Village is a nucleus of activity harboured around a mosque, with a market to the north flanked by a school and clinic to either side. 100 residential units built around courtyards that are further divided into smaller courts within the community. A project that aims to change a nomadic community into a self-sustaining village whose main activity involves agriculture. It is located in what seems to be a remote and desolate part of Somalia. The understanding of the local cultures daily habits are indicative to the material use and design of the spaces.

PROJECT BUDGET: $5,000,000

Agri-Village-Somalia-Masterplan-1.jpg

Agri-Village-Somalia-Aerial-View.jpg

Agri-Village-Somalia-Street-View.jpg

Agri-Village-Somalia-Market-Spine-Scene.jpg

:banderas:

Somalia nomadic society transition to a village model is a REALLY great simple idea wallahi ! Going to write a research paper on this when i get into my role in somalia InShaAllah ! thanks for the idea!

You can have small local village :
1) own micro power,water ,internet, ect all the needs people have
2) most of the people needs in life in a 20 min walk or 1 mile radius
3) and then you can connect these villages to expand in the future into a city
[]

4) micro power,water electirc etc. system can be easly optimized by A.I and smart cities technologies

There has been a lot of good work by people in the village model field. wacth kent larson

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
Somalia nomadic society transition to a village model is a REALLY great simple idea wallahi ! Going to write a research paper on this when i get into my role in somalia InShaAllah ! thanks for the idea!

You can have small local village :
1) own micro power,water ,internet, ect all the needs people have
2) most of the people needs in life in a 20 min walk or 1 mile radius
3) and then you can connect these villages to expand in the future into a city
[]

4) micro power,water electirc etc. system can be easly optimized by A.I and smart cities technologies

There has been a lot of good work by people in the village model field. wacth kent larson

Only thing i see wrong about that is in miyi most families are more than a half a mile away from each other theirs so much distance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending