Age-shaming/agephobia deserves more attention

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
Who else here has experienced agephobia? Has anybody ever been shamed for being “too old” or “too young”? I’ve been called the Y word
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and had older friends of mine get called the D word
we need our own hashtag:mjcry:

Fay

DELETED
Who else here has experienced agephobia? Has anybody ever been shamed for being “too old” or “too young”? I’ve been called the Y word
and had older friends of mine get called the D word
we need our own hashtag:mjcry:
I noticed ppl who age shame (call other old) usually look old af for their age and they project their insecurities onto others i actually peeped that in the somali community wallahi billahi... they look so old for their age but age shame someone older who looks younger than them

BetterDaysAhead

VIP
I noticed ppl who age shame (call other old) usually look old af for their age and they project their insecurities onto others i actually peeped that in the somali community wallahi billahi... they look so old for their age but age shame someone older who looks younger than them
I agree I’ve noticed this

No one should be shamed for their age. No one should be ashamed of their age. With age comes wisdom and experience (for some people lol). You've lived life longer, seen more of it. I've always said that I'd proudly show off my grey hair when I got older. It's like a beautiful, elegant looking badge of honor.

And for youngins, why should you be shamed for being young? You've got a whole life ahead of you! Something that those older than you may not be able to boast about. If older morons that you were two minutes ago having a mind-stimulating conversation with ridicules you about your age, that just exposes their bullshit! Proves that a kid can be smart and challenge them intellectually.

Be proud duqaas and yarisows/yariiseys of the world.

BetterDaysAhead

VIP
No one should be shamed for their age. No one should be ashamed of their age. With age comes wisdom and experience (for some people lol). You've lived life longer, seen more of it. I've always said that I'd proudly show off my grey hair when I got older. It's like a beautiful, elegant looking badge of honor.

And for youngins, why should you be shamed for being young? You've got a whole life ahead of you! Something that those older than you may not be able to boast about. If older morons that you were two minutes ago having a mind-stimulating conversation with ridicules you about your age, that just exposes their bullshit! Proves that a kid can be smart and challenge them intellectually.

Be proud duqaas and yarisows/yariiseys of the world.
tenor.gif

Trending