Agaws and Afars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
@Pastoralite

It is still not certain whether the Afar samples passed around in many autosomal studies are actually Afar or Xamtanga. In a supplementary document of Pagani et al. (2012) it said that they spoke Xamtanga and lived in the Amhara province and thus it may still be erroneous.

EUTWH77.png

Nevertheless, the high J1 and E-V6 in Afars suggest that they are of a different sub-origin from Somalis. We need to be cautious with this as their close ethnolinguistic cousins, the Saho, are high in E-V22 (sub E-V3262) which is rather low in Afars. Male lineages are prone to strong founder effects, especially in pastoralist groups in arid regions. Their population-wide mtDNA profile, however, has a strong overlap with Somalis according to Plaster, C.A. (2011) study on Ethiopia.

Lastly, Afars from Djibouti with their elevated T (y-side) than other Afars may suggest that they are ethnically distinct from Ethiopian or Eritrean Afars in the direction of the Dir (and Somalis at large).

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
@Pastoralite

It is still not certain whether the Afar samples passed around in many autosomal studies are actually Afar or Xamtanga. In a supplementary document of Pagani et al. (2012) it said that they spoke Xamtanga and lived in the Amhara province and thus it may still be erroneous.

EUTWH77.png

Nevertheless, the high J1 and E-V6 in Afars suggest that they are of a different sub-origin from Somalis. We need to be cautious with this as their close ethnolinguistic cousins, the Saho, are high in E-V22 (sub E-V3262) which is rather low in Afars. Male lineages are prone to strong founder effects, especially in pastoralist groups in arid regions. Their population-wide mtDNA profile, however, has a strong overlap with Somalis according to Plaster, C.A. (2011) study on Ethiopia.

Lastly, Afars from Djibouti with their elevated T (y-side) than other Afars may suggest that they are ethnically distinct from Ethiopian or Eritrean Afars in the direction of the Dir (and Somalis at large).
I dont think genetics is enough to conclude this. Maybe they could've been part of them while still being different (haplogroup wise), but diverted after war or any other circumstance. You get me akhi?

Apollo

VIP
I dont think genetics is enough to conclude this. Maybe they could've been part of them while still being different (haplogroup wise), but diverted after war or any other circumstance. You get me akhi?

Nah, divergence takes thousands of years. It looks like we got Agaw samples being labelled as Afars (see the image).

Overall, I don't think Afars are ethnically precisely the same as Somalis. Afars originated in the Danakil depression and mostly lived there while Somalis are originally from the bronze age Jubba-Shabelle valley (controversial opinion, but likely true).

while Somalis are originally from the bronze age Jubba-Shabelle valley (controversial opinion, but likely true).
So wait I am confusion. How does this coincide with Somalis coming down from the northern part of Africa? Or cush?

Apollo

VIP
So wait I am confusion. How does this coincide with Somalis coming down from the northern part of Africa? Or cush?

After they came from North Sudan via Eritrea they settled in the riverine valley of South Somalia for centuries and then when they got the camel moved out of there and pushed into the more arid regions. But this is my Suugo Science theory and not fully backed up by actual scholars.

After they came from North Sudan via Eritrea they settled in the riverine valley of South Somalia for centuries and then when they got the camel moved out of there and pushed into the more arid regions. But this is my Suugo Science theory and not fully backed up by actual scholars.
So they went through/bypassed the arid areas and when they got camels moved up? did Somalis even inhabit the area said to be the land of Punt back then?

Apollo

VIP
So they went through/bypassed the arid areas and when they got camels moved up? did Somalis even inhabit the area said to be the land of Punt back then?

Likely, not (living in Punt the AE trading partner), lol, another controversial opinion. But they were ethnically related to the people of Punt (because pre-proto-Somalis also came down from NE Sudan/Eritrea).

Likely, not (living in Punt the AE trading partner), lol, another controversial opinion. But they were ethnically related to the people of Punt (because pre-proto-Somalis also came down from NE Sudan/Eritrea).
That's an interesting theory. I'm assuming those people who were also semi-related were absorbed by Somalis when we moved up?

Apollo

VIP
That's an interesting theory. I'm assuming those people who were also semi-related were absorbed by Somalis when we moved up?

The population density of prehistoric Northern Somalia/K5/NFD (arid areas) was low. So those camel herders from the riverine valley could have simply done a total population replacement. Many total population replacements have taken place in history all over the world, so not that rare.

Again, this is just my theory, not a fact set in stone.

psyche

To each their own
bruh I am not from the jungles of southern *******a fam I am T1a Dir Somali fresh off the boat from Yemen 5000 years ago.:fittytousand::fittytousand::fittytousand:

Bro stop boot clapping for the Arabs :mjlol:

Haplogroups only represent a small percentage of your DNA. You can be J1 and still be 100% somali

And besides T1a is native to Somalis so it doesn't prove your Yemeni myth in the slightest

There is overall basically no difference between a T1a Somali and a E1b1b Somali

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Bro stop boot clapping for the Arabs :mjlol:

Haplogroups only represent a small percentage of your DNA. You can be J1 and still be 100% somali

And besides T1a is native to Somalis so it doesn't prove your Yemeni myth in the slightest

There is overall basically no difference between a T1a Somali and a E1b1 Somali
brah who says I arab????

and there is big difference I don't share a paternal ancestor with y'all for the past 60,000 years.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Mashallah look at my Kuwaiti cousin's dance so good. They just got done watching big futo Arab girls do Arabian Niiko for them.

It's called رقصة السرور :banderas:
t1a exist ins somalis because of the afro asiatic common origin somalis and north africans both carry e1b1b and T haplogroups also the arabs have e1b1b as well does that make them somali

we have those haplogroups cause we share a common afro asiatic origin not because we migrated out of Yemen a hundred years ago

according to your theory e1b1b Arabs are Somalis

Apollo

VIP
t1a exist ins somalis because of the afro asiatic common origin somalis and north africans both carry e1b1b and T haplogroups also the arabs have e1b1b as well does that make them somali

we have those haplogroups cause we share a common afro asiatic origin not because we migrated out of Yemen a hundred years ago

according to your theory e1b1b Arabs are Somalis

He's joking around, don't take it too seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts