Against the Feminization of Islamic Scholarship

1678943328339.png

Biologically-rooted female psychology is characterized by a tendency to constantly demand resources from men, while crying/complaining and emphasizing weakness/need. This is natural, for women are weaker than men and are dependent on them for resources – especially when they are pregnant, breastfeeding, or caring for young children.

What happens when women become Islamic religious scholars in significant numbers and begin to dominate Islamic religious institutions? What happens when Islamic scholarship becomes primarily concerned with and dictated by the sensibilities of women, i.e., feminization?

The feminization of Islamic religious scholarship is an unprecedented recent phenomenon encouraged by liberalism. But it is having an enormous effect on popular Islamic discourse.

RELATED: Reviewing Yaqeen Institute: A Source of Certainty or Doubt?

In virtually all cases, contemporary female Islamic scholarship — the kind that is promoted by Compassionate Imams and their Dawah Mafia, as well as modernist institutions in the Muslim world — centers on crying/complaining about the situation of women, emphasizing their weaknesses and needs. This is done to justify “reform” of Islam, which always entails men giving additional resources to women in the form of more “rights.” You will notice that so much of the drive for Islamic reform is generated by a concern for giving Muslim women the same kinds of “rights” that Western feminism affords women, e.g., “reproductive” rights, rights to divorce in marriage, rights regarding “abuse,” etc.

When it comes to this modern female “scholarship,” there is almost never any discussion of any other topic — such as explaining the beauty of Islamic ritual, or defending the historical authenticity of Quran/hadith, or combating attacks from atheists and non-Muslims, and so on. You will hardly, if ever, find these shaykhaz engaging in those discussions.

To be sure, there are some good female Islamic religious scholars who are worthy of respect and admiration, both past and present. Yet, generally speaking, these women faithfully transmit what they have learned from traditional male dominated institutions of Islamic learning. However, feminization produces a different situation, where the number of female teachers balloons and they end up dominating the fatwa councils, the madrasahs, the Islamic councils, etc. This creates a situation where Islamic learning and scholarship is no longer dominated by men. And the men who remain in those institutions have to be simps in order to survive. Simp has various definitions, but the way that I use it is:

Simp: A man who violates Islamic norms, either explicitly or implicitly, in order to appease feminist sensibilities, thinking of himself as doing something virtuous and praiseworthy. Synonyms: white knight, cuck.

The simps are afraid to transmit the authentic teaching of Islam that conflict with feminist sensibilities. They literally omit core Islamic teachings for fear of being “cancelled.” Or they water down these Islamic values beyond recognition. This is due to simping and also just plain old cowardice. These “scholars” and imams should not be considered men. Perhaps they are male, but certainly not men. They, too, have been feminized and their entire “dawah” should be understood as feminist appeasement.

Umm Khalid has written a scathing piece telling such feminized men to wake up.

Once a system of religious learning is feminized it rapidly self-destructs. It implodes into demands of crying women demanding more and more resources from men. All other ideas and norms are neglected, or made secondary to such demands.

In this sense, it can be said that feminization is a key weapon of secularization. Liberals constantly push for the greater inclusion of women in positions of religious scholarship and authority. They then sit back and watch while religious traditions self-destruct. This is what has happened to Christianity and Judaism, etc. Islam is the big target in this age.

RELATED: A Message for Muslim Males: Traditional Muslim Women Are Counting on You…

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
This guy hates women at this point. He cannot believe muslim women trying to educate themselves as a volition to get to Allah but instead they are manipulated by some mysterious forces which pushes them to feminism.

Yes there a few which try to reform the deen but majority don't the way he is trying to paint the picture as if droves of muslim women are trying to change the deen is disrespectful.

Muslim women who focus on islamic rights between men and women have all the right to study that because that is an issue in the muslim world. Just think about all the acid attack, FGM, honour killings, child marriages and forced marriage that is going on in the muslim world. There is an on-going demand for guidance in these parts of the world.

While I recognise the problems of modern western liberalism infiltrating the Islamic discourse of today, isn't it also problematic to accuse most Muslim women who want to seek religious knowledge of having a liberal agenda behind their actions?

We should be weary of the enemy's intentions but we should not fall into unwarranted fear and paranoia imo. We as Muslims should be sure of ourselves and confident in the plan of Allah S.W.T in protecting the true deen.

This guy hates women at this point. He cannot believe muslim women trying to educate themselves as a volition to get to Allah but instead they are manipulated by some mysterious forces which pushes them to feminism.

Yes there a few which try to reform the deen but majority don't the way he is trying to paint the picture as if droves of muslim women are trying to change the deen is disrespectful.

Muslim women who focus on islamic rights between men and women have all the right to study that because that is an issue in the muslim world. Just think about all the acid attack, FGM, honour killings, child marriages and forced marriage that is going on in the muslim world. There is an on-going demand for guidance in these parts of the world.
While I recognise the problems of modern western liberalism infiltrating the Islamic discourse of today, isn't it also problematic to accuse most Muslim women who want to seek religious knowledge of having a liberal agenda behind their actions?

We should be weary of the enemy's intentions but we should not fall into unwarranted fear and paranoia imo. We as Muslims should be sure of ourselves and confident in the plan of Allah S.W.T in protecting the true deen.

This article and the others do not say anything of most Muslimahs but certain characters being promoted like Ingrid Mattson, Amina Wadud, and other who are funded and promoted by the west for sinister goals and over all trends.

When there are posts about "compassionate imams" who fundamentally have the same job there are no accusations of general hate, this is a knee jerk emotional response. This is about feminists/liberals masquerading with a thin cloak of Islam to distort the deen, not genuine Muslimahs and it is mentioned in the article.

Muslims are waking up to these sinister plots and they have failed, and will continue to decline.

@AMusee are you ever going to disprove the male allegations against you my fellow muslimah? :silanyosmile:

No need, it is irrelevant. I only mentioned it a couple of times as I was tired of certain characters emotional manipulations to cover for their corruption such as "we actually have to wear the hijab", and accusations usually directed at men to silence them. The point I was trying to get across is that it wont work on me and it seems the message was received so that is all.

This article and the others do not say anything of most Muslimahs but certain characters being promoted like Ingrid Mattson, Amina Wadud, and other who are funded and promoted by the west for sinister goals and over all trends.

When there are posts about "compassionate imams" who fundamentally have the same job there are no accusations of general hate, this is a knee jerk emotional response. This is about feminists/liberals masquerading with a thin cloak of Islam to distort the deen, not genuine Muslimahs and it is mentioned in the article.

Muslims are waking up to these sinister plots and they have failed, and will continue to decline.

No need, it is irrelevant. I only mentioned it a couple of times as I was tired of certain characters emotional manipulations to cover for their corruption such as "we actually have to wear the hijab", and accusations usually directed at men to silence them. The point I was trying to get across is that it wont work on me and it seems the message was received so that is all.
So you don't get offended with daniels personal biases and patronizing attitude towards women, as a women?

So you don't get offended with daniels personal biases and patronizing attitude towards women, as a women?

He does not have a bias or patronizing attitude towards Muslim women but feminists, especially the type who try to distort Islam in favour of their liberalism. Same with their male counterparts.

As a Muslim woman who believes in and supports Islam above all else, I support and appreciate his dawah.

I can understand why it would bother liberals/feminists though, and i'm glad it does.

Are These the Last Days of Feminism?​

1679013443027.png

Are we seeing a surge in anti-feminism attitudes?

I believe, yes. All the signs are there for all to see.

There are three obvious reasons I can think of for this shift.

1. Many people are being burned by feminism in their personal lives. Feminism has incited such toxic behavior that whole families are being destroyed because of the actions and attitudes that feminism promotes. Also the younger men and women who promoted this ideology are now getting older and wiser and realize they have been duped.

2. Many are seeing the social consequences of feminist politics and the militant attitude of activists in pushing highly disturbing and immoral policies on society and on children. This is causing outrage in the general population, including Muslims. The recent protests in Michigan by angry Muslim parents against the LGTVHD+ curriculum is only the recent proof of this.

There has also been huge backlash against feminist political figures like Ilhan “The Sharia Is Barbaric” Omar and Rashida “My Allah Is a She” Tlaib. The backlash against Compassionate Imams who promoted such figures is also palpable.

RELATED: Feminism Is Female Narcissism

3. Finally, psychological research suggests that economic hardship is correlated with women increasingly valuing masculinity. And vice versa, economic prosperity is correlated with less attraction to masculinity.

As the economic situation in the world gets worse and worse, this will result in more appreciation for men, even if it is purely on a subconscious level. This will mean more hostility and aversion to feminist attacks on masculinity and patriarchy. As I always say, there are no feminists to be found when crisis hits.

Naturally the sell out Unfit Imams see the writing on the wall and will naturally adjust their messaging to fit the changing social circumstances. That’s what sell outs do — they adapt to whatever is popular. But we should never forget the damage they have done with their efforts to Islamicize the worst ideas within feminist discourse for the past 20 years. They won’t own up to the damage they have caused, but we won’t forget.

RELATED: Unfit Imams Attack Muslim Marriage – Their New Strategy

He does not have a bias or patronizing attitude towards Muslim women but feminists, especially the type who try to distort Islam in favour of their liberalism. Same with their male counterparts.

As a Muslim woman who believes in and supports Islam above all else, I support and appreciate his dawah.

I can understand why it would bother liberals/feminists though, and i'm glad it does.
He does to Muslim women in general, video related has little to do with feminists/liberals but rather just demeaning Muslim women for zero reason
I'm not a feminist/liberal but for a guy that has a PhD from the most prestigious university in hmtbe world, Daniel definitly does not act like it. Compare him to a guy like professor Thomas Bourgdas and you can see a huge contrast in their general demeanor and maturity

He does to Muslim women in general, video related has little to do with feminists/liberals but rather just demeaning Muslim women for zero reason
I'm not a feminist/liberal but for a guy that has a PhD from the most prestigious university in hmtbe world, Daniel definitly does not act like it. Compare him to a guy like professor Thomas Bourgdas and you can see a huge contrast in their general demeanor and maturity

I have seen the entire podcast and have read/heard enough of Daniel's opinions and Dawah to know he speaks about liberalism/feminism and its agents and support Islam and its Shariah. You can state a clear example here if you would like.

What does a western university "prestige" matter? And who is Thomas Bourgdas? Is he a Muslim Da'ee? Why would I care how he speaks?

As I mentioned, I care about Islam, as long as the message is islamically based and sound then a Muslim would support it. Only liberals/feminists or those influenced by them would have a problem with it.

The fact that you are more concerned about liberal sensibilities or lets say for the sake of argument the demeanor in which one speaks about women over Islam is the problem.

Trending