Afro asiatic language sounds

Apollo

VIP
@government Keep in mind that Afro-Asiatic is about 12,000 years old. Way, way older than Indo-European.

Indo-European has languages sounding as different as German, Italian, and Hindi. Linguistic classifications are more based on grammar and shared root vocabulary than with phonology.

Apollo

VIP
Sounds similar to Arabic in my ears.

Is Tigrinya a Cushitic language related to Somali?

South Semitic, with a Cushitic substratum.

Ethiosemitic groups are like Turks.. majority of their ancestry comes from pre-Turks. They are not real Semites (or in the case of Turks - Turkic).

@government Keep in mind that Afro-Asiatic is about 12,000 years old. Way, way older than Indo-European.

Indo-European has languages sounding as different as German, Italian, and Hindi. Linguistic classifications are more based on grammar and shared root vocabulary than with phonology.
Yeah it's crazy how old afroasiatic is it's a very loose language family almost a mega family

Berber languages sound Semitic. Chadic languages sound like Niger-Congo languages. Afar sounds more like Somali than Oromo. Coptic sounds Indo-European:sass2:.

Horrible choice for the Oromo speaker.

She has a heavy western accent and speaks in one of the west-central dialects that sound foreign.

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
What did yall think @Molotoff what does somali sound like?
I don't want to sound biased but Somali by far was the best sounding Cushitic language on that video. The rolling of the r was very elegant I never actually thought of how much we roll our r lol. Sounds a lot better then the rest tbh. :samwelcome:

But the Oromo one was unfair half of it was basically English.:ayaanswag:

Trending