Africans discuss their prejudices (1957)

It’s interesting that the boy thinks he’s not a negro or white and the black guy thinks he’s confused .
And the white girl seems to defend apartheid

Fascinating.

They are all racist coons. The most intelligent out of the lot of them is the young Nigerian guy.

He is an old man now, but I think he is the only one that can look back and not cringe as much as the rest.

Terrible though. This has not aged well

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
That Ethiopian. War naga amuus! He's telling the "Negroes" how racist we Horners are so openly and with a shit eating grin to boot. This is only for family dinner table talk, warya!

:mjlol:

Apollo

VIP
The Ethiopian looks like a 14 year old, cringe.

But the other ones were also wrong on historical facts occasionally.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

For me their prejudices is a not a surprise or interesting.

What struck me is how clean and wonderful they ALL look. Even the Nigerian. Todays Nigerian look beady eyed, suspect & some what dirty in appearance. Not racist remark, just not well put together. Maybe it is the suit he is wearing.

Same with the Ethiopian boy. Though light skin and looks like a white boy, still todays Ethiopians are ratchet looking.

All their skin is glowing, maybe its their youth skin that glows, juxtaposed it with how remarkably adult like their are expressing their views. The standards of humanity continue to go down.

Also,

Maybe the idea of wearing a full suit, proper school education in the schools need to come back.

Or We should implement it in Somalia while the country democracy is new and young now.

As to the South African white lady she has a crush on the poor clueless black woman

Also the volume is too low

Last edited:

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
One thing that sticks out to me about this clip and others like this I’ve watched is just how calm people are ( though not the white girls in this clip). I don’t think I could remain so cool and level headed in a debate with a white racist. But the Nigerian guy is delivering his points so calmly. I wonder if it’s just the etiquette of the era or they were professionally tutored on public debating.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
One thing that sticks out to me about this clip and others like this I’ve watched is just how calm people are ( though not the white girls in this clip). I don’t think I could remain so cool and level headed in a debate with a white racist. But the Nigerian guy is delivering his points so calmly. I wonder if it’s just the etiquette of the era or they were professionally tutored on public debating.

it is intelligence huuno. If you are ruled by your emotions, u r less intelligent than the person next to you. :)

3FB295ED-3398-4563-AD0A-43B1FE850AB7.png

Elocution and etiquette were very common in the schools of yesteryear. It definitely needs to be brought back.

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
it is intelligence huuno. If you are ruled by your emotions, u r less intelligent than the person next to you. :)

I don’t think being dispassionate makes you more intelligent. But it certainly doesn’t help win a debate. I can be dispassionate about some things. I guess with something like confronting a racist it’s very personal to me because I have experienced racism and it would be too close to home for me to be emotionally detached from that discussion.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I don’t think being dispassionate makes you more intelligent. But it certainly doesn’t help win a debate. I can be dispassionate about some things. I guess with something like confronting a racist it’s very personal to me because I have experienced racism and it would be too close to home for me to be emotionally detached from that discussion.

No i am not asking you to be dispassionate. You can be passionate without your blood boiling & Outbursts of words & spits.

Use your brains to be passionate. Dont take things personal as u r saying now. There is NOTHING like too close to home. Everything should be too far from home in your mind. People like u i can eat them for breakfast in arguments.

For me their prejudices is a not a surprise or interesting.

What struck me is how clean and wonderful they ALL look. Even the Nigerian. Todays Nigerian look beady eyed, suspect & some what dirty in appearance. Not racist remark, just not well put together. Maybe it is the suit he is wearing.

Same with the Ethiopian boy. Though light skin and looks like a white boy, still todays Ethiopians are ratchet looking.

All their skin is glowing, maybe its their youth skin that glows, juxtaposed it with how remarkably adult like their are expressing their views. The standards of humanity continue to go down.

Also,

Maybe the idea of wearing a full suit, proper school education in the schools need to come back.

Or We should implement it in Somalia while the country democracy is new and young now.

As to the South African white lady she has a crush on the poor clueless black woman

Also the volume is too low
People were classy

I feel like there is a false sense of intellect from the past compared to now that is mainly nostalgia driven, especially when during the time only a handful of Africans had an adequate education

That may be the case but many educated people today don't conduct themselves in such a way. They didn't have the influence of hip-hop culture and ratchet behaviour was frowned upon back then and it reflects in their mannerisms.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I feel like there is a false sense of intellect from the past compared to now that is mainly nostalgia driven, especially when during the time only a handful of Africans had an adequate education

Get this sense from some relatives when they speak of "old Somalia" and how civilized and refined people in the urban centers were back then. Well, obviously... Most urban Somalis, the farther you go back, would have been more and more of a small minority of Somali society who were educated and well-off. Comparing that to urban settings now where the makeup of a city is much more diverse in terms of its class structure is not fair.

Trending

Latest posts