African soldiers have been in Somalia for 20 years and now we’ve learned that they have unleashed their seeds that now we have a new qabiil

attash

Amaan Duule
They would be.

Under Islamic law, you are what your mother is if the child is born out of wedlock.

They not only are Somali, but also belong to their mothers qabil.

Somalis love to pick and choose the deen it seems.

But on a lighter note, OP is a liar. Such a thing isn’t rampant Authobillah. Some of you lot are sick.
That's only one view. There is another view that says the child is attributed to the biological father regardless. Both views carry weight and the matter is open to ijtihaad.

That's only one view. There is another view that says the child is attributed to the biological father regardless. Both views carry weight and the matter is open to ijtihaad.
You’re are funny to say it’s only one view when it’s the view of all four madhab.
That’s very fringe view and a minority one and Somalis are Shafi.

1. That the illegitimate child is not to be attributed to the zaani even if he acknowledges him and names him after himself.

This is the view of most of the scholars of the four madhhabs, and of the Zaahiris (literalists) and others.

All FOUR Madhabs.

Also, @attash the view you’re also talking about is if the father acknowledges the child and a child born by abuse ect or whatever isn’t going to acknowledged 9/10 times.

Last edited:

attash

Amaan Duule
That’s very fringe view and a minority one and Somalis are Shafi.
It's minority, but not fringe. Leading Tabi'i jurists such as 'Urwah ibn Zubayr and Sulayman ibn Yasaar (two of the seven fuqaha of Madinah), Hasan al Basri, and ibn Sirin held this view alongside major scholars from later generations such as Ishaaq ibn Rahawayh, ibn Taymiyah, and ibn al-Qayyim al Jawziyyah.

The traditional school of Somali jurists is Shafi'i, but not all Somalis are Shafi'i of course. Honestly, I would say a minority of Somalis are Shafi'i at this point even Somali scholars have become mostly Hanaabilah/Salafi thanks to Saudi influence. Somalis only really follow Shafi'i rites when it comes to positioning hands in Salah, circumcision, and a few other matters. But that's a conversation for another time I guess.

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
This is squarely on the heads of Hawiyes and Southern Daroods.....as a southern Darood, I'm absolutely ashamed.

It's minority, but not fringe. Leading Tabi'i jurists such as 'Urwah ibn Zubayr and Sulayman ibn Yasaar (two of the seven fuqaha of Madinah), Hasan al Basri, and ibn Sirin held this view alongside major scholars from later generations such as Ishaaq ibn Rahawayh, ibn Taymiyah, and ibn al-Qayyim al Jawziyyah.

The traditional school of Somali jurists is Shafi'i, but not all Somalis are Shafi'i of course. Honestly, I would say a minority of Somalis are Shafi'i at this point even Somali scholars have become mostly Hanaabilah/Salafi thanks to Saudi influence. Somalis only really follow Shafi'i rites when it comes to positioning hands in Salah, circumcision, and a few other matters. But that's a conversation for another time I guess.
Yes and Salafi and Hanbali scholars believe that the child is attributed to the mother as well. The scholars were a minority within their madhab and even Salafis on average believe that the child is attributed to the mother.

All madhabs believe my original argument.

I’ve added to my original point btw in which I copied and pasted Islamqa saying that all Madhabs believe that the child is attributed to the mother.

Btw, for me common sense dictates that the child should also be attributed to the original biological father, but the mainstream opinion is the latter. Biologically a child with a Somali mother has Somali blood, but it’s clear to see biological realities aren’t being taken into consideration, but tradition is and our tradition is that the child is attributed to the mother as is the tradition of ALL madhabs and that of Somalis.

You can’t have your cake and eat it. A Somali woman that has a child with a Somali man out of wedlock won’t be able to give that child a qabil or any form of legitimacy in our culture, but when it’s an ajnabi all of a sudden you want to change your tune?

attash

Amaan Duule
Yes and Salafi
Not all Salafis which is the point of my original post.
and Hanbali scholars believe that the child is attributed to the mother as well. The scholars were a minority within their madhab and even Salafis on average believe that the child is attributed to the mother.

All madhabs believe my original argument.

I’ve added to my original point btw in which I copied and pasted Islamqa saying that all Madhabs believe that the child is attributed to the mother.

Btw, for me common sense dictates that the child should also be attributed to the original biological father, but the mainstream opinion is the latter. Biologically a child with a Somali mother has Somali blood, but it’s clear to see biological realities aren’t being taken into consideration, but tradition is and our tradition is that the child is attributed to the mother as is the tradition of ALL madhabs and that of Somalis.
What I'm saying is that there are multiple views on this matter. The opposing view also has major scholars backing it, thus this matter is open to ijtihaad. So it is inaccurate to definitively attribute your position to "Islamic law", when this is a controversial matter that is not set in stone, as you did earlier:
Under Islamic law, you are what your mother is if the child is born out of wedlock.

You can’t have your cake and eat it. A Somali woman that has a child with a Somali man out of wedlock won’t be able to give that child a qabil or any form of legitimacy in our culture, but when it’s an ajnabi all of a sudden you want to change your tune?
When did I ever say that? :ayaanswag:

Also what are you even saying? Are you saying that a Somali bastard cannot have a qabiil? This contradicts what you just said earlier:

They not only are Somali, but also belong to their mothers qabil.

Trending