African Hair Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blacks/Africans have good hair I dont care what anyone says. The rest of the world all has the same hair so its boring. I don’t even have Madow hair but when I had an afro do you know how many cadaans/mexicans/other races wanted to touch it. Every other day someone would ask to touch it. They have a fascination with afro hair and african hairstyles.

Last edited:

psyche

To each their own
Blacks/Africans have good hair I dont care what anyone says. The rest of the world all has the same hair so its boring. I don’t even have Madow hair but when I had an afro do you know how many cadaans/mexicans/other races wanted to touch it. Every other day someone would ask to touch it. They have a fascination with afro hair and african hairstyles.

Nobody said that Kinky hair is shitty. Only anti-black people would say such an arrogant thing like that. And the reason why people want to feel your Afro is because it is 'foreign' to them. Personally I would not allow any one to touch my hair, its like they are treating you like an animal they want to pet.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nobody said that Kinky hair is shitty. Only anti-black people would say such an arrogant thing like that. And the reason why people want to feel your Afro is because it is 'foreign' to them. Personally I would not allow any one to touch my hair, its like they are treating you like an animal they want to pet.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
People always make fun of blacks hair tbh. There’s a general view that kinky and curly hair is ugly.
Lol I didnt let them touch it most of the time, at first I thought it was funny but I quickly got tired of it.

Majority meaning non-Somalis. Somali women have much better hair than other horners and deffo the rest of SSA, only thing Habesha and other horners have on Somali hair is volume/thickness
Somalis have hair like biracials mostly whilst other horners have hair closer to other blacks.

Somalis have hair like biracials mostly whilst other horners have hair closer to the other blacks.

Completely disagree. The overwhelming majority of mixed race people have Ethiopian type curls. The epitomised Somali hair is nothing like biracial people's hair. Like the Abdullahi Yusuf pic for example

Completely disagree. The overwhelming majority of mixed race people have Ethiopian type curls. The epitomised Somali hair is nothing like biracial people's hair. Like the Abdullahi Yusuf pic for example
Show me a pic of what you think the average Somalis hair is

You’re so right. I have big curly hair, and people are fascinated with it wallahi. I like the compliments but it’s annoying how some people try to touch it. Sometimes I’ll comb it out to be an afro and people are even more amazed. They really are obsessed with black hair.
:icon neutral:

Show me a pic of what you think the average Somalis hair is

Idk about average, guys split between super dry afro like K'naan and this criminal geeljire. Neither of which are the mixed race hair type like Ethiopians have. There are NO habesha with hair like this

902626_101130_EX_mohamedTN_jpgec1f1cec217714dca6185efb437578fe

Idk about average, guys split between super dry afro like K'naan and this criminal geeljire. Neither of which are the mixed race hair type like Ethiopians have. There are NO habesha with hair like this

Yeah I'd say you can find lots of Somalis with that hair type, less so with other Horn Africans.

This is what im thinking of when I say biracial hair.
Its very common.
198B253F-A678-4072-965D-16438F7F9106.jpeg

D06EB817-0611-42C3-A0AA-36BAC971CE66.jpeg

977E241F-F30F-45B0-8AB2-F38E5695CA10.jpeg

F7E3360F-25B2-4630-BDBF-EDE88D53725C.jpeg

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
*Makes thread about African hair*
*Only posts either full bantus or 30% bantu/70% white new world blacks*
:mjlol:
@CaliSomali, what do you think of this girl's hair?
aW03On3_700b.jpg

Is this black and beautiful too?
:siilaanyolaugh:

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
My Afro has been cut and I don't comb my hair with the Afro pic anymore.

So my username is very outdated lol.

My hair is 2b now without the 'fro.

Yeah, for the longest time I thought I hate type 4 hair because my mom would always call it Madow simply for not being as soft/straight as my other siblings. After I got into the natural hair movement, I quickly realized how I definitely had type 3b hair, I just didn't know how to manage it.

Somalis don't know how to take care of timo wallahi. As a child my hair was brushed dry and only given an oil, so it was always poofy and had no curl pattern. After I started washing it differently and putting the right things in my hair, it now curls beautifully alhamdullilah.

I feel for the Xalimos with type 4 hair. I imagine it's even harder for them to deal with judgmental ass people. Perms destroy your hair.
:frdfvsb:
U know. I got heat damage on my hair due to my mum and later on me constantly straightening my hair. I cut my hair back to the shoulders in July and now it's already on bra strap length and my curls are healthy. Those curly girls on youtube are so helpful

World

VIP

Loool I don’t know what habesha people you know

That hair is very common as well with habeshas. I know some with almost straight/wavy hair as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.