African Hair Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
Fine, y'all are a bunch of whiney little shits. I'll post more type 3 hair (which is just as African!)

I honestly love curly type 3 hair. It's my hair type but I wanted to give more afro textured hair the spotlight for once.

I am type two. :nahgirl:

We Wuz Caucasian/Hindu. :trumpsmirk:

Yeah because asians and cadaans have been told for hundreds of years that their hair is ugly:comeon:
You guys are deliberately obtuse sometimes wallahi.

Who told Africans in Africa that their hair is ugly?

Men generally prefer cadaan and asian because its a FACT that they (generally speaking) have better features including hair.

It has nothing to do with indroctination. Its just fact

When you say “African hair” everybody knows what you’re talking about. Hardly anyone outside of Africa has these hair types besides some austronesian tribes so it’s not wrong to associate this hair with Africans.

With this thread, you're not only leaving out North Africans, but also many Somalis & other Horn Africans with Straight Hair.

It's wrong to only associate African identity with only one group of Africans.
MOST black people have this type of hair though (including a minority of Somalis)
be7ededb6f1af01f84a17b595c4a10db.jpg

The average Somali has type 3 hair like this (which is still considered black/natural hair):
717R3JZHwqL._SY355_.jpg

Apollo

VIP
The average Somali has type 3 hair like this (which is still considered black/natural hair):
717R3JZHwqL._SY355_.jpg

Type 3 is NEVER found in Sub-Saharan Africans who have 0% Eurasian admixture.

0% of Yorubas have that type of hair.

You are using European admixed New World Blacks.

New World Blacks have between 15% up to 50% European blood (African Americans, Dominicans etc). They are not pure Africans.

Type 3 is NEVER found in Sub-Saharan Africans who have 0% Eurasian admixture.

0% of Yorubas have that type of hair.

You are using European admixed New World Blacks.

New World Blacks have between 15% to 50% European blood (AAs, Dominicans etc).
But similarly that hair texture is very rarely or if never found in people without some black admixture. A very small minority outside of Africa have hair like that. So that hair has become associated with blacks/Africans along with Madow hair.

When you say “African hair” everybody knows what you’re talking about. Hardly anyone outside of Africa has these hair types besides some austronesian tribes so it’s not wrong to associate this hair with Africans.
Look at these coons who came to derail my thread. They know exactly what I was talking about, but they still came to point out a minority of Horn Africans with straight/wavy hair. Most black people have curly and kinky hair, and they know this.
:drakewtf:
They should just post their precious timo jilec pics instead of whining.
:francis:

Apollo

VIP
But similarly that hair texture is very rarely or if never found in people without some black admixture. A very small minority outside of Africa have hair like that. So that hair has become associated with blacks/Africans along with Madow hair.

It is technically intermediary hair.

Horn Africans with straight hair are a small minority though sxb. They don't represent most of us who have more curly and kinky hair.
That's besides the point abayo, we shouldn't be divisive.

We should recognise that Africans are diverse, just like Asians. Kinky/Madow may be the majority, but Straight-Haired Africans should be recognised just as "African" as the Kinky-haired majority.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
That's besides the point abayo, we shouldn't be divisive.

We should recognise that Africans are diverse, just like Asians. Kinky/Madow may be the majority, but Straight-Haired Africans should be recognised just as "African" as the Kinky-haired majority.
the point is to prefare the bantus am beginning to think this whole thing is just pro bantu not realy pro africa she even uses african american mixed race bantu people to say that type 3 hair is also "african" aka bantus

when we know its not found in africa except for east africa or some admixed swahilis

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I actually disagree. Black women are embracing their hair in an unaltered state. Evidenced by the booming natural hair care industry. They are shelling out more money to keep their hair natural than they did before. I think thats a good thing for those interested in having a share of the market.

People irrespective of their hair texture should embrace what was given to them, be it limp and wavy or thick and coarse with all the gradients in between.

It's true that afro-textured hair is looked at unfavourably among Somalis as the most coiled hair of an Ethnic Somali is 4a, and most fall in the 3s and some in the 2s.

Nonetheless, the texture appreciation is warranted. As type 4 hair doesn't get much showcasing. It's less common (globally), more fragile and takes more time to take care of.

And is in some cases perceived as threatening by some. This goes against the recommendation people have for these girls to wear their hair as it was intended. Almost seems like gas lighting. :farmajoyaab:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts